Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

themoyesboy

Coutinho will force his way out of Liverpool. No way will he let them deny his dream move to Barca. Barca won't be paying much more than they have already offered either.

Infra-red

Surely that can't work otherwise all the oil rich clubs can effectively ignore FFP when buying players for release clauses?
Those same clubs have already circumvented FFP by artificially inflating their commercial revenue streams with sponsorship deals from 'friendly' companies. Next step, using similar mechanisms to buy out players' contracts via spurious image rights deals?

If so, expect to see Messi announced as the new face of Etihad Airways any day now.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
I'm sure a transfer request, followed by going on strike and catching the next plane back to the UK is right around the corner. But I wouldn't recommend holding your breath on this ....
I haven't remotely suggested that he should do that. There's a huge leap from not commenting on the rumours as I suggested to doing what you're saying. Wanting something to happen and acting extremely unprofessionally to get your own way are two completely different things. I've no doubt De Gea would like to move to Real Madrid should they go back in for him - he's never come out and denied it you see! But that hasn't compelled him to be unprofessional at any point.

Last edited:

prtk0811

PSG didn't feck anything, top players are in their own market and it was already well over 100m since someone like Lukaku is already close to it.
Lukaku had already scored 85 goals in this league at the age of 23.

AkaAkuma

I think Coutinho is happy with his life in Liverpool - it seems the Brazilians have taken to the culture of the town and have a created a family atmosphere at the club.

United Pro

As big a talent, if not bigger than our own Angel Gomes. We should definitely be in for him and given that he wouldn't have to relocate and United give more chances to youth than any other PL teams in recent years, he'd probably join.

Last edited:

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Go on Barca, splash the cash!
72m this season is like 40m and a pound that Arsenal offered for Suarez back in those days. Add 50m to that number and we might start talking. And that's next summer at the earliest.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
72m this season is like 40m and a pound that Arsenal offered for Suarez back in those days. Add 50m to that number and we might start talking. And that's next summer at the earliest.
No ones paying that kind of silly money for Countinho. He's not that good. Barca will do their usual tapping up through the media, Coutinho will eventually start saying its "always been his dream" to play for them, and you'll sell him for £80m or so.

Certainly not this summer, though.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Spurs the place to be for young talent at the moment. Poch, it seems, really knows how to improve young players.
If City are really offering 30k a week the he won't go to Spurs regardless of first tea opportunities.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
No ones paying that kind of silly money for Countinho. He's not that good. Barca will do their usual tapping up through the media, Coutinho will eventually start saying its "always been his dream" to play for them, and you'll sell him for £80m or so.

People are way too afraid of the Real and Barca boogeymen. It is going to be hard for them to sign established stars from top PL clubs.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
People are way too afraid of the Real and Barca boogeymen. It is going to be hard for them to sign established stars from top PL clubs.
Agreed, top PL clubs. The likes of United, Chelsea, and City can resist those clubs. Don't think Liverpool can. Their players will surely see Barca/Real Madrid as massive steps up.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Agreed, top PL clubs. The likes of United, Chelsea, and City can resist those clubs. Don't think Liverpool can. Their players will surely see Barca/Real Madrid as massive steps up.
They kept Suarez for a year against his will and he was desperate to go, Coutinho has barely made a peep and seems to like it there. Will be interesting to see what happens if Neymar does get sold though.

Dazzmondo

This idea of how 'good' someone is means nothing. It's how important they are to the selling team. Wouldn't be easy to replace Coutinho so Liverpool aren't going to sell him unless they get crazy money and £72m is not crazy money, we're talking well over £100m. They might just refuse to sell him if they feel he can't be replaced.

DoubleRevv

I think Coutinho is happy with his life in Liverpool - it seems the Brazilians have taken to the culture of the town and have a created a family atmosphere at the club.
You mean the thievery in Liverpool is like that in the favelas and the incomprehensible scouse sounds like Portuguese?

spwd

True but we can hope.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They wanted to ship bacca off to get a cl spot ?
No, i wasn't clear. They signed Bacca because they wanted to get into CL. They wanted to ship him off because they realized he made no difference to their team, and he was just about the only player they thought could sell for enough money to try and strenghten the team

Seriously ? He was the only top player they have along with bonaventura
They were good players for milan because they are good players. Actual top players are a whole different thing

A few kids on social media or milan forum wanking over sergio aguero and complaining about Bacca doesnt change the fact that he was very good for Milan.
No, he was just another mistake. He was good individually in his first season, but he wasn't good for milan

Cant believe you said he was only good for a mid table club. What was Milan for the past years ? Mid-table club players AT BEST. Bacca was actually the only redeeming factor about Milan in his first season along with Bonaventura who made Milan look like they were something more than a mid-table club.
No, they made milan look exactly like a mid-table team, which is exactly what they were, and entirely NOT what they wanted to be

but he surely is a top player, and much better than many of the strikers Milan are rumoured to get now as well, like Kalinic.
Bacca is very limited player with a low football IQ who's only redeeming quality is that he's the most clinical finisher in the world. Goals being kind of important, that alone is enough to make him a good player. Calling him a top player is an abomination.

Oh, and Kalinic is absolutely better than Bacca. It's the reason why Montella wants him

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I'm sure a transfer request, followed by going on strike and catching the next plane back to the UK is right around the corner. But I wouldn't recommend holding your breath on this ....
We get it.

You think being at Spurs is heaven on earth and no sane sane person would ever want to leave.

But come on. You are just tiring now. Is the sum of your existence trawling a rival forum defending your club against posts from people throwing enough bait because they know you will bite? There has to be more to life that you are missing out on.

I think Spurs have a great side and I don't think they will sell Dier (Dont particularly care about that as I don't rate him as much as you do) but how many times do you have to remind us?

Joseunited

We get it.

You think being at Spurs is heaven on earth and no sane sane person would ever want to leave.

But come on. You are just tiring now. Is the sum of your existence trawling a rival forum defending your club against posts from people throwing enough bait because they know you will bite? There has to be more to life that you are missing out on.

I think Spurs have a great side and I don't think they will sell Dier (Dont particularly care about that as I don't rate him as much as you do) but how many times do you have to remind us?
After seeing this post, one more time I would expect.I wouldn't give him the time of day to be honest, the fact he's doing this every time is enough to show his inferiority complex

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Not a transfer tweet but it’s a paraphrase from what Jose just said in his post match presser.

Mourinho just said that he’s not even crying for 2 players. He just wants one as soon as possible.

Clearly a message to Woodward to stop penny pinching.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Erm, they've signed one player so far and another deal was just agreed yesterday. Not the best example to give.