Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Say you land either, never mind both, who's gonna make space? You have Di Maria, Draxler and Moura playing the wide roles at the moment. At least 1 or even 2 would have to go.
Di Maria can play as a hybrid CM/AM as he did in his Madrid days. Lucas Moura is already a bit surplus to requirements, I think.

Neymar - Cavani - Alexis
Di Maria - Verratti
DM (Fabinho?)​

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
50m is a decent range for Alexis given he's out of contract soon.
They could wait for the Barcelona/Neymar situation to sort itself out. Barcelona could afford him, but otherwise with his wage demands, that´s Arsenal´s last chance to move him abroad. So €50-60M is more than fair. That easily pays for Mahrez for example.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Those 2nd and 3rd place medals and years of winning nothing though..
Unless, Levy and Poch are running some kind of cult, then I doubt that they’re happy.

The bottom line is, elite players want trophies and money. Spurs have none of those.

Fooza

They will sign neither, if that happens PSG fans will go mental from all the false muppetry on twitter.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Say you land either, never mind both, who's gonna make space? You have Di Maria, Draxler and Moura playing the wide roles at the moment. At least 1 or even 2 would have to go.
I see Lucas leaving, even if he may like staying with his Brazilian friends. Di Maria had a few links early in the season that died quickly.

A switch to a system with 4 forwards is possible.

MadMike

Di Maria can play as a hybrid CM/AM as he did in his Madrid days. Lucas Moura is already a bit surplus to requirements, I think.

Neymar - Cavani - Alexis
Di Maria - Verratti
DM (Fabinho?)​
Pretty attack minded for big games, but possible against smaller teams. But yeah Moura would be a gonner if that happened.

carpy

Puff the magic dragon
Well, your view will suit the "poor slaves at Spurs being held against their will" narrative that seems to be in vogue.

One would hardly know that most Spurs players would walk through walls for Pochettino or that the Spurs are one of the happiest camps around. Instead, the picture is given of Stalag 9, with piercing searchlights, Alsatian dogs and armed patrols ... all to stop the desperate prisoners from escaping over the barbed wire fences.
Why are you making this about all the other Spurs players? People are talking about Dier and only Dier. If he is so happy at Spurs, why hasn't he quashed these rumours? It's not as if he can use them to get an improved contract given he only signed one in September.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Why would they care? They sign them 2, and they become legit contenders with the big boys.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
They have a VR walkthrough of the new stadium, who needs trophies, money or worldwide recognition?

And they’ll get to play at Wembley for around 20 times in their lives. Easy sell.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
There are hardly even any rumours about us at the moment. Nobody is even bothering to make stuff up now either. It's really bizarre.

MadMike

There are hardly even any rumours about us at the moment. Nobody is even bothering to make stuff up now either. It's really bizarre.
The smokescreens have worked. We've sent the journos down the wrong track and now they've lost our smell. We'll announce someone this week and it'd be out the blue.

Fooza

I'm glad, for a change we don't have to listen to nonsense. The only saga I found strange was how cold the trail for Fabinho went after Di Marzio stated we had bidded 50m for him.

Reactions: Sultan

RedNed77

Neymar for Coutinho, that is one epic downgrade. The Barca boards must be an inverse of the PSG boards right now :lol:.

Dazzmondo

Even if Barcelona want Coutinho, no way Liverpool would sell him imo. Barca would have to pay well upwards of £100m for them to even consider it I'd imagine

podurban2

Neymar top, Draxler left, Sanchez right, with Di Maria in a midfield three like at Real Madrid. Moura can get used to watching games from the bench and play ahead of CL games.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
Hope they don't come sniffing around Hazard if Neymar goes. :nervous:

William_Meredith

Supports
Swansea City
Neymar for Coutinho, that is one epic downgrade. The Barca boards must be an inverse of the PSG boards right now :lol:.
Not if they got Mbappe as well, and I suspect they may also still harbour hopes of getting Verratti. If you were offered Verratti, Coutinho and Mbappe in exchange for Neymar would you take it?

Dazzmondo

Neymar top, Draxler left, Sanchez right, with Di Maria in a midfield three like at Real Madrid. Moura can get used to watching games from the bench and play ahead of CL games.
Would it not be better to have Sanchez up top? I'd imagine you'd want Neymar getting more involved with the play. Sanchez is used to playing the striker role from last season at Arsenal too.

William_Meredith

Supports
Swansea City
Three players in sub-optimum positions? Well, it's their money, I suppose...

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Why are you making this about all the other Spurs players? People are talking about Dier and only Dier. If he is so happy at Spurs, why hasn't he quashed these rumours? It's not as if he can use them to get an improved contract given he only signed one in September.
Why would he bother? It's not his job to get tangled up in every piece of media click-bait nonsense that swirls around. He's currently in the USA with the rest of our squad preparing for our pre-season games, so he's got better things to do.

If United want a DM then they should have gone for Wanyama when they had the chance last summer. Too late now.

Traub

Not if they got Mbappe as well, and I suspect they may also still harbour hopes of getting Verratti. If you were offered Verratti, Coutinho and Mbappe in exchange for Neymar would you take it?
I would but those three will cost well more than Neymar - arguably each 100m on average.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Why would he bother? It's not his job to get tangled up in every piece of media click-bait nonsense that swirls around. He's currently in the USA with the rest of our squad preparing for our pre-season games, so he's got better things to do.
Plus he's got you to do it for him.