Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

BigCaine

Thats actually a decent fee for a keeper. I think it would be the 4th/5th highest fee paid for a keeper(the 19m)
Not in today's market, 19 mn is chump change especially for a that highly rated gk, also as someone said, city have a habit of lying to look good, this could very well be another mangala type deal and 38mn is what they pay to benfica rather than total amount.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Not in today's market, 19 mn is chump change especially for a that highly rated gk, also as someone said, city have a habit of lying to look good, this could very well be another mangala type deal and 38mn is what they pay to benfica rather than total amount.
No way they are paying 76m for a keeper

ti vu

Thats actually a decent fee for a keeper. I think it would be the 4th/5th highest fee paid for a keeper(the 19m)
Knowing Benfica & Porto, they would go for robbery than decent fee especially dealing City who would just pay silly money regardless. That poster had a point.

lysglimt

Scout
As long as they don't sign players we want, this is only positive for us. The less "rich" clubs looking for players, the less teams to drive the prices up when we make our move with the players we want

bucky

I think I've become an expert in Italian by being a transfer muppet and this tweet is saying that Lazio is interested in Verdi from Bologna. Oh and Napoli is interested as well.

bucky

PSG have opened negotiations with Dortmund for Pierre Emerick Aubameyang

PSG have opened negotiations with German outfit Borussia Dortmund for the possible signing of Pierre Emerick Aubameyang, according to BeIN Sports.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Will Valverde have a choice in who he wants or will it be here's who we have bought, get on with it?
Valverde was the conservative choice by a board that did not want a maverick coaching, he ticks two of the more important boxes in that he knows the club & Primera. Outside of that, I do not rate him or the style of play he has his teams play - his job will be to put together the best tactics around Messi. As for signings, early on I doubt he would have a great deal to say in who is signed. Should his hiring be an early success then in year 2 he'd have more say but remember that even Lucho who won 9 trophies in 3 years did not get all the signings he wanted

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Davinson Sánchez offers to Barsa
Not a great translation of the headline, FYI. Sanchez offers himself to Barcelona as he dreams of playing for the club.

Plus, it's Sport - not sure there is anything to take seriously with the link as it is not a new one, Barcelona tried to sign him prior to Ajax but the player refused to play for the B team

That being said, would love his addition

red thru&thru

Not a great translation of the headline, FYI. Sanchez offers himself to Barcelona as he dreams of playing for the club.

Plus, it's Sport - not sure there is anything to take seriously with the link as it is not a new one, Barcelona tried to sign him prior to Ajax but the player refused to play for the B team

That being said, would love his addition
When watching the final, I thought De Ligt is more if a Barcelona player. He has more composure and technique with the ball at his feet.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
When watching the final, I thought De Ligt is more if a Barcelona player. He has more composure and technique with the ball at his feet.
He's the one I'd want us to target if we were going to go for any of them. Be class next to Bailly but I'm not sure if Tuanzabe would look just as comfortable had he played as many games for us as De Ligt has for them.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Sure he did, over his best friend Tito
No, Tito and Valverde were the two names he mentioned to the board

And Valverde fits in perfectly for you in terms of philosophy and playing style

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
No, Tito and Valverde were the two names he mentioned to the board

And Valverde fits in perfectly for you in terms of philosophy and playing style
Tito, period.

Never Valverde as he has never had a playing style nevermind philosophy that even comes close to that of Cruyff or Barcelona

AkaAkuma

He would be perfect as their right wing back on either flanks. I do rate him, but let hope Chelsea ain't that interested & hike the price. With Inter has no European football next season, hopefully there is a clause that can help pushing the transfer through at lower price.
He'd probably rather play in attack than as a wing back.

pascell

If Atletico are getting Lacazette, and Costa only wants to go back to Atletico, I wonder if any costa move requires the Griezmann deal to go through?
It all requires Athleti to get their transfer ban overturned first, if that doesn't happen then no moves will be made.

M4YON

If Atletico are getting Lacazette, and Costa only wants to go back to Atletico, I wonder if any costa move requires the Griezmann deal to go through?
Yes, not a chance Atletico can afford to buy both but transfer ban needs to be lifted first. One hurdle at a time.

Manchester Dan

Supports
Man City

2 more years for Arsene it looks like.
Surely 2 years to show some longevity but actually on the understanding it's to be reviewed again next year - similar to when City extended Pellegrini even though everyone knew Pep was coming in.

M4YON

When will the decision on Athletico's ban be taken and announced? Anyone knows?
@WPMUFC
@M4YON
It's only a ban on registering players. They can sell whoever they want and buy whoever they want, the bought ones just can't be registered or played in matches until the winter. So we can still buy Grieizmann however Griezmann might decide to stay so he's not leaving tgem.in the lurch.

The ban was appealed and lost so its a case of them finding a way to overturn it which wont be easy. They'll want to overturn it as they want Lacazette and if Griezmann leaves Costa too.