Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

leontas

BBC also reporting Ederson to City deal close; also confirm interest in Mendy.

Devil may care

I thought he was the more likely of the two for Mourinho, due to him being Portuguese and the Mendes connection. Plus the reports from France.

Fabinho would definitely make me happy. :D
It was more the type of player he is that left me feeling it wasn't overly likely, we haven't been linked with Lemar at all sadly.

Fabinho/Herrera/Pogba midfield 3 would be pretty good I think.

bucky

It was more the type of player he is that left me feeling it wasn't overly likely, we haven't been linked with Lemar at all sadly.

Fabinho/Herrera/Pogba midfield 3 would be pretty good I think.
Going by our last summers, that's a good thing and makes it more likely.

Devil may care

Going by our last summers, that's a good thing and makes it more likely.
True, I mean Mkhi came out of nowhere, we weren't linked, it was Arsenal that were in for him and then all of sudden we'd made an offer and Raiola was throwing chairs around.

Tiber

Im convinced some of the people currently slaughtering the mere idea of this move would be on the verge of suicide if he signed for Chelsea and ever managed to score a goal for them

Im very annoyed by the attirude that has sunk in on this forum recently towards just about every player we have been linked to this year. Not every player needs to be a galactico.

Tho even Griezmann (very much a galactico) was called 'not exciting' the other day... what chance does Michael Keane have with this crowd?

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
True, I mean Mkhi came out of nowhere, we weren't linked, it was Arsenal that were in for him and then all of sudden we'd made an offer and Raiola was throwing chairs around.
Eh?! Mkhitaryan was obvious for weeks.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Those were the halcyon days! :D

It took a couple of weeks to get done but before we made an actual bid we were not linked with him, we were linked with Embolo, then all of a sudden we'd made a bid for Mkhi.
I recall a longer process for mkhitaryan, longer than 2 weeks. He was making a fuss to leave for us all the way back in the final game of the season for Dortmund where he refused to take a pen.

I don't recall him being linked to Arsenal (it was vardy and Mahrez mostly).. But certainly linked to us for a long time. At least a month.

Tiber

You mean Bailly? That deal was done in like 3 days

maba723

likes bananas a bit too much
I recall a longer process for mkhitaryan, longer than 2 weeks. He was making a fuss to leave for us all the way back in the final game of the season for Dortmund where he refused to take a pen.

I don't recall him being linked to Arsenal (it was vardy and Mahrez mostly).. But certainly linked to us for a long time. At least a month.
It was Arsenal at first.

If I remember correctly, JanAageFjortoft was the first to link Mkhitaryan to United after everyone was 'certain' he was joining Arsenal

Devil may care

The first thread on him in the Caf transfer forum was June 9th, that was when we got linked to him, Raiola said he wanted to come here on June 14th, they turned down our first official bid on June 15th.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
The first thread on him in the Caf transfer forum was June 9th, that was when we got linked to him, Raiola said he wanted to come here on June 14th, they turned down our first official bid on June 15th.
Yeah.. and we didn't sign him until like, July?

Devil may care

Yeah.. and we didn't sign him until like, July?
Yep, but the point was that we were not linked with him until June 9th and we made an official bid within a week of that, so he wasn't a player we were linked to for months like say Griezmann or Pogba last year, we were linked out of the blue and bid officially a few days later so no longer speculation, it just took us 3 weeks to haggle the price with Dortmund.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yep, but the point was that we were not linked with him until June 9th and we made an official bid within a week of that, so he wasn't a player we were linked to for months like say Griezmann or Pogba last year, we were linked out of the blue and bid officially a few days later so no longer speculation, it just took us 3 weeks to haggle the price with Dortmund.
I agree.. But at the same time it's not like we signed him out of nowhere either.

Anyway, I forgot what we were discussing in the first place, apologies!

Devil may care

I agree.. But at the same time it's not like we signed him out of nowhere either.

Anyway, I forgot what we were discussing in the first place, apologies!

Lol, just that we've not been linked with Lemar so he could be like Mkhi, a sudden surge out of the blue in comparison to players the media have linked us with for months.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
How is this possible? They are champs and we finished 6th. :confused:
Obviously we're still desirable to players... and Mourinho has been putting some legwork in for this transfer over the past couple of months (watching Perisic play for Croatia). Things like that mean a lot to players.

The red panther

princess transfer emo
Im convinced some of the people currently slaughtering the mere idea of this move would be on the verge of suicide if he signed for Chelsea and ever managed to score a goal for them

Im very annoyed by the attirude that has sunk in on this forum recently towards just about every player we have been linked to this year. Not every player needs to be a galactico.

Tho even Griezmann (very much a galactico) was called 'not exciting' the other day... what chance does Michael Keane have with this crowd?
Keane has no chances, we should not sign him. Wasnt good enough 2 seasons ago and he still isnt good enough.

ti vu

This and a first team role - where would he play at chelsea?
He would be perfect as their right wing back on either flanks. I do rate him, but let hope Chelsea ain't that interested & hike the price. With Inter has no European football next season, hopefully there is a clause that can help pushing the transfer through at lower price.

SecondFig

Perfect opportunity to sell Perreira to Benfica with a buy back clause. But knowing us, we wont do that.
Hopefully we'll learn - unless either Romero or DDG are leaving AND nobody else is coming in, there's little point keeping Perreira playing in the reserves. Sale with buy back to Benfica would be ideal...

Marcelinho87

He's only played one season in Portugal too, he hasn't been tested honestly.

37 games after coming from the B team and suddenly you're a 45m keeper, Jesus.

Pickford just had a great season in a much harder league for a shit team that average 20 shots against every game....how much is he worth?
Tbf I wouldn't rate Pickford on his Sunderland season. Ben Foster looked amazing in a game where they have 20+ shots per game against them.

It is in games where they expect not to be tested and then the opposition break through that a top class keeper makes a save, when they are still alert despite doing nothing.

That was Ben Fosters undoing and I think the same will be of Pickford.

Werder Herzog

Quick one - those going crazy over City building the most unbeatable team ever and how we are in for Perisic and he is nowhere near their standard of signing - that's 65 million quid on 2 goalkeepers Pep will have spent - one of them already deemed a failure in Bravo- just because they are signing players don't mean they are going to be good, wait until we're a month in and they are running away with the league playing like Barcelona mark II.... oh wait.

My point being is have a little perspective . Mourinho rarely gets it wrong in the transfer market so have a little patience. He's had the odd dud in his time but overall his record is phenomenal .

BigCaine

I call BS on the transfer fee, benfica own only 50% of ederson and i highly doubt they will take only 19mn for him.