Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
The way he's playing at the moment isn't as good as the other two. Can and Wijnaldum have been better.
Maybe a bit, though I think him and Wijnaldum are about par so far.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
We are the highest revenue earning club. We will never have an FFP issue. Glazers are even using our revenue to service their loan. We aren't state funded we are self funded
Personally, I think it would have been more fair if FFP made allowances for sugar daddies to inject money into the club to the richest non-aided club in their league.

It would allow smaller clubs to grow, without doing so disproportionately to everyone else.

Adnandos

Do we think Griezmann would come in Jan? The more I think about it the more I consider it likely. Atleti will be able to sign people again, we don't even need to talk to the club as he has a release clause, and hopefully we look just as good in January as we do right now. Buying him then could propel us to the league title which I'm sure he'd love. :drool:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
:lol: harms football? Says the league that completely neglects at least 17 of it's 20 teams. Real Madrid and Barca have dominated both the league and European football in the past 15 years or so, what the feck are they whinging about and grassing on City for? Have they ever heard of the galacticos?
And they are still not mentioning Malaga.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Do we think Griezmann would come in Jan? The more I think about it the more I consider it likely. Atleti will be able to sign people again, we don't even need to talk to the club as he has a release clause, and hopefully we look just as good in January as we do right now. Buying him then could propel us to the league title which I'm sure he'd love. :drool:
Not if Atleti is still in the Champions League.

Crashoutcassius

We are the highest revenue earning club. We will never have an FFP issue. Glazers are even using our revenue to service their loan. We aren't state funded we are self funded
Yeah but the bit about state funded clubs distorting the market ? Isn't it the same affect as we are having ?

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
And they are still not mentioning Malaga.
I don´t think Málaga can be in the same conversation as City or PSG, but even in their case if I remember well they were banned from European competitions.

JPRouve

Scout
I don´t think Málaga can be in the same conversation as City or PSG, but even in their case if I remember well they were banned from European competitions.
The money come from the same place, whether it's 10£ or 10m£. If you think that state fund is bad, it's always bad, it can't be only bad when it threatens you.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
The money come from the same place, whether it's 10£ or 10m£. If you think that state fund is bad, it's always bad, it can't be only bad when it threatens you.
Of course, but in that case both teams should be banned following Málaga´s example.

JPRouve

Scout
Of course, but in that case both teams should be banned following Málaga´s example.
Malaga got banned because they failed to pay players, clubs and employees in time, on top of breaching the 5m deficit rule.

prtk0811

La liga should also look into fair distribution of the TV contracts in their own league , this selectivness is hypocracy.

prtk0811

Depends how competitive Atletico are. French/German/Spanish clubs in the recent past have displayed great patriotism in favouring selling their best players domestically rather than abroad for the overall good of their league, if Atletico follow this European trend then he'll go to Barcelona, though you get the impression if Atletico tell him they'd rather he went abroad, then he will go abroad (to us).
It depends on the player.

ChaddyP

The original idea was that we have to reign in the club's that are inflating the market. We spent the same. Surely we are inflating the market too.
We are spending what we earn. Thats not inflating, Inflating is basically dumping money into a sector that wasnt earned in it. Like printing money and distributing it haphazardly. United always spent big but being a business we actually cared about prices and value. If some one like PSG or Man City are coming in and spending way above market at a rapid pace then Inflation will take place. We have nothing to do with it

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
La Liga worried that City might attempt to take Messi next summer? Worried that if he follows Neymar out of their league and Ronaldo coming to the end of his days in the top flight they will soon have nothing to shout about?
However if Messi was to leave he will probably end up at PSG. PSG the new Barcelona

Walters_19_MuFc

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
We might need a thread on press gossip 2017-2018 to spruce up this place, but I can't really justify creating such a thread merely to ask this: Can someone summarise the interview with Jose that the Times are posting (according to the BBC gossip column)?