Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Acole9

Outstanding
Why do Barcelona feel the need to disclose this to the media? I know Liverpool is our main rival but feck Barcelona, they deserve everything that is happening to them. They have been the bully for too many years.
They've had a tendency to do similar in the past. I remember one summer they announced their transfer budget!

Sensei

Supports
Dortmund
Keita in for Can and Lemar in for Coutinho next season leaves them in essentially the same position. No point of saying they strengthened if they can't keep their best players.
Can signs a new contract: He's average
Can to leave for free: They can't keep their best players

Excellent logic. Can is above average and suits Liverpool's style but losing him isn't the end of the world, if they can get a decent holding midfielder to play alongside keita and wijnaldum/new signing (lemar?)

If coutinho wasn't kicking up a fuss, Can starts on the bench

Kapardin

Can signs a new contract: He's average
Can to leave for free: They can't keep their best players

Excellent logic. Can is above average and suits Liverpool's style but losing him isn't the end of the world, if they can get a decent holding midfielder to play alongside keita and wijnaldum/new signing (lemar?)

If coutinho wasn't kicking up a fuss, Can starts on the bench
Never said Can was average myself. I have actually been able to watch him a few times and he is pretty impressive. I am glad he's leaving for Juve.

AlwaysRed66

I don't know why all the digs at Liverpool for wanting 200 million for Courtinho. Liverpool didn't want to sell & did the same as Barcelona with Neymar, in that if they wanted him they would have to pay this amount. Seems sensible to me. It doesn't mean he is worth that amount, but that is what they need to pay to get him. Good for them.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Why do Barcelona feel the need to disclose this to the media? I know Liverpool is our main rival but feck Barcelona, they deserve everything that is happening to them. They have been the bully for too many years.
Normally Id agree with you but Coutinho is worth about a quarter of that and somebody has to speak out about the mad prices

Sensei

Supports
Dortmund
Never said Can was average myself. I have actually been able to watch him a few times and he is pretty impressive. I am glad he's leaving for Juve.
Fair enough. Can shouldn't forget how underwhelming he was under Brendan and that it is klopp who has got him playing about the level he should

M4YON

Off to Barca in January.
That would be a stupid move for his career, he only wants to move from Athletico because he wants to win things.

Barcelona are a mess at the minute and won't be winning anything until the board and president etc are all sorted.

Who does he replace? Suarez? Messi? Dembele? Coutinho? Who could make the switch next summer too.

I think he will end up at United, he fits in here, we have a postion for him and his favourite number is free too.

We also have the French speaking contingent with Martial, Pogba etc the Mourinho mentioned recently in his press conference, it all fits.

P.s AgentP :devil:

hobbers

Wouldn't be surprised if we already have a deal in place.
Given that the number 7 shirt is still vacant and there were no attempts to sign anyone who could conceivably fill it, you'd have to hope so.

I mean why the hell would you pay upwards of £60m for Sanchez, £90m for Lemar or £130m for Dembele if you know that Griezmann is already lined up for £90m.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think I'd be more worried if we were competing with Real for Griezmann. Barca might just edge our team but we represent a new challenge, a better league, we can give him a higher wage than Barca, we have quite a few French speakers in the team and maybe even some of his mates, I think he'd fit better in our system and he can the big star here. Obviously it is hard to say no to a team like Barca but he's already won silverware in Spain, the only thing left would be CL. If we had Griezmann he could win a PL and maybe even a CL.

We need Agent P to get this over the line!

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Given that the number 7 shirt is still vacant and there were no attempts to sign anyone who could conceivably fill it, you'd have to hope so.
Especially as Ibra is almost surely only staying until the end of this year. Would be a seamless transition in terms of replacing attacking players.

Griezmann and Lukaku would be all kinds of devastating.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
I think I'd be more worried if we were competing with Real for Griezmann. Barca might just edge our team but we represent a new challenge, a better league, we can give him a higher wage than Barca, we have quite a few French speakers in the team and maybe even some of his mates, I think he'd fit better in our system and he can the big star here. Obviously it is hard to say no to a team like Barca but he's already won silverware in Spain, the only thing left would be CL. If we had Griezmann he could win a PL and maybe even a CL.

Atletico signed him after they won the league.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

Hasn't he won nothing at Atletico?

cyberman

Griezmann isn't joining an Atletico rival ffs.
Looking at the character of the man I would be shocked if he decides to move and it isn't to us.
Its as inevitable as Ronaldo to Madrid in 08, posters are just too close and skitterish to see it

Fraud

Why will He choose us instead of Barcelona, though?

He already made clear that he doesn't care too much about his club when he tried to get a better contract.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Griezmann isn't joining an Atletico rival ffs.
Looking at the character of the man I would be shocked if he decides to move and it isn't to us.
Its as inevitable as Ronaldo to Madrid in 08, posters are just too close and skitterish to see it
It's just when a signing seemed so 100% set, and the guy for even noble reasons decided not to move, thus turning us down, then we're obviously not his priority.

I'd be amazed if we had this lined up for January. Would be an amazing mid season boost, along with Zlatan's first game back.

stepic

He's a mercenary, like everyone else.
Every player in existence tries to get better contacts.

He cares so little about his club that he turned down a move to stay with them because of their transfer ban.

You're talking nonsense.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
What really fecks me off is that so many players say that the Premier league is the best league in the world and yet they would rather join the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or Juventus because they want to win titles. No they don't, what they want is to join a league where there is very little competition for them. They don't want to earn it they just want it. At least if you win the Premier league you would have had to earn it regardless of what team you play for. Surely that would be more satisfying

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
What really fecks me off is that so many players say that the Premier league is the best league in the world and yet they would rather join the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich or Juventus because they want to win titles. No they don't, what they want is to join a league where there is very little competition for them. They don't want to earn it they just want it. At least if you win the Premier league you would have had to earn it regardless of what team you play for. Surely that would be more satisfying
That's because those are the best teams in the world giving them the chance to win the biggest prize in club football, the Champions league.

Nick7

Jesus christ