Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
rightly or wrongly I feel the same way. I would advocate for a united only tweet thread. That way the vast majority of us who only want to check on United related transfer links are spared from all the trawling through the garbage to find important tweets or being fooled that we are being linked or signing someone.
There would be a handful of tweets though. And they can all be found by looking at the individual players thread that the tweet is about.

0161_UNITED

rightly or wrongly I feel the same way. I would advocate for a united only tweet thread. That way the vast majority of us who only want to check on United related transfer links are spared from all the trawling through the garbage to find important tweets or being fooled that we are being linked or signing someone.
It never works, and people post all over the place. It'll be like the old tweets only thread. All it results in is extra work for the mods and a bunch of people getting threadbanned. Personally, I perfer tweets from any league as opposed to discussions that can take place in their appropriate thread.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Not that i wanted Lukaku here, but feck sake does no one want to play for us :lol:. Seems we may aswell be in europa we had more of a pull on our targets.
Players had more chance of a European trophy (as demonstrated!) when we were in the Europa....Champions League, not so much

peridigm

Not that i wanted Lukaku here, but feck sake does no one want to play for us :lol:. Seems we may aswell be in europa we had more of a pull on our targets.
Not surprised. Jose did loan him out when he was at Chelsea.

bio202

Supports
liverpool
So either he is about to sign, or some bettor(s) got carried away with a rumor and made the bookies nervous.

One of those could be something, could be nothing scenario's.
Two trusted ITK's are tweeting as well but you're right of course.

Fracture90

Come to think of it, 70€ million for both Sanches and Costa might not be the end of the world after all, right?

Kammy26

Why can't we make signings like dembele at Dortmund? Guaranteed we are not even interested and in a couple of years when he worth something stupid like 150 million we will be interested in him. All the people on here can see this boys talent am amazed we don't target players like this. Wtf are our scouts doing. Same thing with dybala I was crying out for us to sign him when he was at Palermo or atleast try and sign him but we weren't even linked and juventus signed him and he's possibly worth 80 million plus. There's a lot of promising players we could sign but we're never interested, fecks me right off

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
It never works, and people post all over the place. It'll be like the old tweets only thread. All it results in is extra work for the mods and a bunch of people getting threadbanned. Personally, I perfer tweets from any league as opposed to discussions that can take place in their appropriate thread.
This. Threads only for tweets from certain leagues/clubs don't work as some just post in one thread and forget to post in another.

Only compromise I can think of is some sort of tweet tagging system - so posts with tweets in can be tagged as Premier League, La Liga etc and they'd show up in the Transfer Tweets tab depending on if you have the league ticked.

Would be a lot of work for Niall to implement and he's currently converting existing add-ons ready for when the caf upgrades to the final version of Xenforo 2.0 which is probably some way off, so can't really see it happening.

@Sassy Colin

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW

Manchester United ''target'' Kasper Dolberg wants to remain at Ajax for another season, according to his agent.
Jokes on him, he looks just like that guy Gunnar who missed the decisive penalty shot in the shootout against The Mighty Ducks when that substitue goalie chick caught his puck. Gordan Bombay Mourinho doesn't want you anyway, Dolberg!

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Morata doesn't seem to want to leave Real, but Real happy to sell. DDG would be happy to go to Real, but we don't want to sell. Quite the predicament.

MDFC Manager

Morata doesn't seem to want to leave Real, but Real happy to sell. DDG would be happy to go to Real, but we don't want to sell. Quite the predicament.
Plus, we want him, but only because there's nothing better on offer.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Morata at half the price is so much better an idea than a world record fee for Lukaku.

ilovethisgameahahah

Maybe singling out individual players in front of a camera all season isn't the best way to attract top players :wenger:

Thepinhead

Yes. Do you imagine this has changed? Dream on if so.

Eriksen said (in the link you cited): "In the future I see myself at the highest level. That’s my dream. Maybe in two or three years. It could be at another club or it could be at Tottenham, if we are all the way up there."

So, he sees himself at Spurs for at least the next 2 years, maybe 3, and maybe longer if we continue to progress. Little sign of imminent "head turning" there sunshine.
Mate, trust me. If Barca comes knocking Eriksen is gone. Eriksen won't move for any club. But he will move for Barca without a doubt.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I'd prefer Lacazette over Morata.