Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

Fensa#08

C'mon lads, you must be joking about gareth bale rumours.Goal.com is even worse than the sun, all they do is make up rumours like old ladies.Moreover, taking the 11 from Martial in order to give to Bale?!(he's quality and world class, but also injury prone and has rejected us almost every summer, maybe this and the last summer he didn't)I understand he is British, but it is suicide move.

According to Duncan Castles, who is very close to Mourinho and United and everything he said about United(weeks before others) came true even Lukaku therefore i consider him quite reliable.So he claims that the Glazers are making it hard to push for targets as they don't want to spend money which is also the main reason why we don't pursue Neymar and Mbappe.I hope they give the money needed to atleast acquire the most needed targets(DM and Winger) otherwise the season would be unsuccsessful.

LonelyFire

C'mon lads, you must be joking about gareth bale rumours.Goal.com is even worse than the sun, all they do is make up rumours like old ladies.Moreover, taking the 11 from Martial in order to give to Bale?!(he's quality and world class, but also injury prone and has rejected us almost every summer, maybe this and the last summer he didn't)I understand he is British, but it is suicide move.

According to Duncan Castles, who is very close to Mourinho and United and everything he said about United(weeks before others) came true even Lukaku therefore i consider him quite reliable.So he claims that the Glazers are making it hard to push for targets as they don't want to spend money which is also the main reason why we don't pursue Neymar and Mbappe.I hope they give the money needed to atleast acquire the most needed targets(DM and Winger) otherwise the season would be unsuccsessful.
He literally did not say that at all.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
One fecking season...200m euros :wenger:
He's a one in the generation talent. Clubs think of him as the next Messi. I remember there were stories last season about City/Spurs trying to buy him for 40-50m Euros when he didn't even played much.

Judas

Open to offers
He's a one in the generation talent. Clubs think of him as the next Messi. I remember there were stories last season about City/Spurs trying to buy him for 40-50m Euros when he didn't even played much.
Honestly where's the proof he's a one in a generation talent and not a one season wonder?

He'll never be even close to Messi and there will without a doubt be a next Messi this time next year.

The money is daft and I hope so badly that he flops.

AndyJ1985

Can't help but feel Real Madrid are willing to pay so much for him just to smash our transfer record. Everything's a big dick swinging contest to them.

Norris

I'm only reading the tweets, but what happened to the PSG and Barca conferences which were scheduled yesterday. Was it just a click-bait tweet ?

KM

AKA they've been told that he's going to Madrid.

Varun

Staff

AKA they've been told that he's going to Madrid.
Yeah, funny how they declare their disinterest now when talks of Pep meeting him and their interest has been going on for ages now.

AndyJ1985

Clubs have been chasing him for a good 5yrs now.
Still doesn't mean he's a once in a generation talent. You can only say that about a player once they've achieved things that put them in that category.

KM

He COULD be. It's been one season.
Honestly where's the proof he's a one in a generation talent and not a one season wonder?

He'll never be even close to Messi and there will without a doubt be a next Messi this time next year.

The money is daft and I hope so badly that he flops.
The fact that clubs has been chasing him for the last two-three years. There has been one season wonders before but no-one has sparked such an interest like Mbappe before. As much as the people like to criticise scouts here, they are professional people who has a better eye of talent than us.

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
There was this one time United signed one of those players.. A young lad called Ronaldo for a mere £12.24m back in 2003. 14 years on and even adding a zero to that number doesn't cut it. That's some hyper mega super street fighting, ring fighting, cage fighting uppercut inflation. Maddddddd!

KM

Yeah, funny how they declare their disinterest now when talks of Pep meeting him and their interest has been going on for ages now.
I mean Guardiola more or less confirmed the bid today.
The player is still at Monaco, still on that team,' the City manager said. 'Anything can happen. We are still looking at other players in the market. There are a lot of other players, but he is still on that team.

'Madrid doesn't have more than Manchester City have. Players are very important and we always try to get the best players possible.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-Madrid-deal-Kylian-Mbappe.html#ixzz4nv0YYpcy

Varun

Staff
Still doesn't mean he's a once in a generation talent. You can only say that about a player once they've achieved things that put them in that category.
What I mean is that clubs have viewed and chased him for ages whereas we fans have had a short period of time to judge him from. For us, it's totally understandable for 1 season to not be enough to categorise his talent as highly but clubs who've been monitoring him for 5yrs have a much bigger period to judge him from.

Martial

Apparently United also enquired about adding Mbappe when negotiating the Martial deal, and the responce was that he'd cost even more than him.

I was kinda hoping before the CL knock-out rounds started in February that he wouldn't do anything special so that we'd have a shot at buying him for a semi-reasonable fee.

Last edited:

Sunny Jim

Warsaw...that's too far away from Edinburgh...
Apparently United also enquired about adding Mbappe when negotiating the Martial deal, and the responce was that he'd cost even more than him.

I was kinda hoping before the CL knock-out rounds started that he wouldn't do anthing special so that we'd have a shot at buying him for a semi-reasonable fee.
where did you get this from?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
IF Bale is available and we still pursue Perisic, then I will definitely tweet my displeasure to the official United twitter account

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Not good enough as a holding midfielder. Hasn't got the discipline. Likes to press and often gets caught out. It's no surprise that Pep opted Yaya Toure - who was strongly out of favour, over Fernandinho.

Think he'll be a squad player next season.
Pep used him as a utility player last season. He was all over the midfield and seveal games at RB. He ran him into the ground and his form tailed off after New Year.
He's getting on a bit, now, and he and Yaya will be eased out of the team over the next year or two.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
To be fair, since Mbappe's transfer is supposedly coming we have a slight chance... Still not likely though, they'll have 4 top players on 3 positions, which isn't that much, especially considering potential injuries.

The Bloody-Nine

Mourinho makes a joke with Bale in the tunnel and suddenly we want to sign him again. :lol:

Despite Jose saying this before the game:

Asked if Bale was also mission impossible, the United manager said: “Yes, it’s the same [as Ronaldo]. You have contacts, you have feelings, you understand things, I think it was clear that Bale likes Madrid, the challenge, the situation, he’s in a club in a very good situation now, I never felt a desire from him to leave, so why lose time and energy on that? No.”

idmanager

If anyone leaves for Mbappe, it'll be Benzema.
I think Benzema is the least likely to leave if Mbappe comes in.
Ronaldo had played most of last season as the left forward alongside Benzema. Bale doesn't quite fit there and with the re-emergence of Isco last season, I think that is the formation Zidane will stick with.
Mbappe and Benzema would be rotated I guess. And Benzema is a very good backup to have now that Morata is gone. Madrid will struggle to find a quality backup striker at the current market prices.
Besides, Benzema shares an excellent relation with both Perez and Zidane. Might be a bit of wishful thinking on my part, but I do hope Bale becomes available.