Transfer Tweets - Summer 2017 | Keep it on topic

DoubleRevv

I just want to know if Perigate is closed or still open? Except if the United's valuation of him is somewhere in the 30 - 40 million range, don't see why we haven't concluded this saga. Smokescreen?

el3mel

Never imagined that I would have seen Everton spending this number in one summer.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Couldn't gove a feck about Evans joining City. Its good news if anything. He's a very average player capable of a sloppy pass and a slow turn. He weakens their defence if he plays in my opinion. Im glad he's able to get a move back to the top but it doesn't bother me. I was glad when we got rid of him.

diarm

That's a bloody great signing for Everton - I'd have been happy to see us sign him to be honest!

He's kept Swansea in the PL almost singlehandedly for years. Swansea at 2.1 to go down is a great bet right now.

Shuriken

Never imagined that I would have seen Everton spending this number in one summer.

Maybe they'll sell Barkley and get some of that money back. And later down the road I think they'll also sell Rooney to MLS or China, perhaps next summer already, depending on how he fares. Get a little cash there as well, probably not too significant though.

But unless their new signings all flop, that's decent business for Everton in the immediate future.

That new stadium in a few years is going to cost though. I know they've got an injection of money but stadium constructions need a lot of dough.

It will probably cost two Neymars by then, depending on the scale of course. Say, around £400m? Wonder how much of that the club will end up paying in the end.

Escape Goat

Supports
Forest
And later down the road I think they'll also sell Rooney to MLS or China, perhaps next summer already, depending on how he fares. Get a little cash there as well, probably not too significant though.
A pint says Rooney retires next summer.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Maybe they'll sell Barkley and get some of that money back. And later down the road I think they'll also sell Rooney to MLS or China, perhaps next summer already, depending on how he fares. Get a little cash there as well, probably not too significant though.
Who will buy Barkley for such significant sum though? Spurs have Alli, City has countless attacking options... Arsenal?

And it won't be easy for them to offload Rooney, just like it wasn't for us.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Wish we'd be involved a rumour that looked a little credible, the muppets need fed.

Shuriken

Who will buy Barkley for such significant sum though? Spurs have Alli, City has countless attacking options... Arsenal?

And it won't be easy for them to offload Rooney, just like it wasn't for us.
I think Barkley is starting to realise he's not that hot of a property as he believed himself to be. No one's exactly desperate to sign him. Shit happens.

He could (should) approach this with maturity and accept being a part of a better squad where his role is perhaps even further reduced than it was at Everton last season.

Because let's face it, wherever he aspires/d to go, that would probably happen anyway. At a bigger club, he'll have to bide his time and wait for his opportunities. That isn't what he really wants but I think that's all he's going to get, as it stands now.

And it's a result of his own request. I for one thought he should've kept quiet and aimed for one more season at Everton, especially if they end up playing in the 17/18 EL. If he can't do it at Everton or in the EL, it's not exactly going to get any easier at a bigger club, although he'll presumably have a better salary.

He'll most likely stay in the PL. I don't believe Arsenal are interested. Chelsea or Tottenham just might be, and I'd say that those two are his best options.

Chelsea's squad is thin and can get even thinner. Tottenham's Son is apparently too inconsistent – I rate Son though. Alli will probably sit out a few matches due to suspensions or injuries, likewise for Eriksen. My point is that Barkley will get his chances somehow, with CL and other cup competitions too.

Damn this post was long.

As for Rooney: I think it'll be easier if it's to MLS or China.

William_Meredith

Supports
Swansea City
That's a bloody great signing for Everton - I'd have been happy to see us sign him to be honest!

He's kept Swansea in the PL almost singlehandedly for years. Swansea at 2.1 to go down is a great bet right now.
Nah. We lack creatively, that's obvious, but if we get one half-decent attacking midfielder, maybe a solid loan we'll be OK. Clement drills players to death defensively, so we don't concede many. Bony is coming back, too.

diarm

Nah. We lack creatively, that's obvious, but if we get one half-decent attacking midfielder, maybe a solid loan we'll be OK. Clement drills players to death defensively, so we don't concede many. Bony is coming back, too.
Lacking creativity is one thing but a half decent signing or a solid loan isn't going to replace the impact Sigurdsson has had on your club. He has probably the best delivery of a set piece in the league and he scores or makes goals at well over once every two games.

That sort of influence is incredibly difficult for any club to replace.

buchansleftleg

Am I the only person who's taking these nitbits about Perisic as Inter basically going:

"Ooooh, you're close to missing out boys......really close to missing out......c'mon, 48m.......time is ticking....."
And were walking away......this is us walking......out.....of...the...shop......yes mabel.....get your coat......we're leaving!

Nick Lowe

But unless their new signings all flop, that's decent business for Everton in the immediate future.

That new stadium in a few years is going to cost though. I know they've got an injection of money but stadium constructions need a lot of dough.

It will probably cost two Neymars by then, depending on the scale of course. Say, around £400m? Wonder how much of that the club will end up paying in the end.
Coleen made it clear to Wazza she wont move away from the north of England.