Trump Coronavirus (CV in US Politics)

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
He does have a few reasons to pretend he has it doesn't he?

1. Sympathy
2. "I was completely fine and barely symptomatic, I'm clearly very fit and healthy unlike sleepy Joe Biden"
3. "It was fine, this virus is easy to beat, lets open the country up!!"

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Serious question - can he lie about having covid or is it very unlikely that such a scenario is plausible?

Vooon

Hal Institute for Criminally Insane Robots
It's ironic that the orange menace has spent so much time lying the last four years that there is a legitimate reason to doubt this is true and not just some fecked up strategy in the run up to election day.

Ibi Dreams

Serious question - can he lie about having covid or is it very unlikely that such a scenario is plausible?
Who or what is going to stop him from lying about it?

It's a perfectly plausible scenario with him.

Revan

Assumptionman
What a loser, getting the ChinaHoaxFu disease. I prefer healthy presidents.

I also think he should take some hydroxychloroquine cocktail with bleach. With a bit of light on it. If he drinks it, it will go away, like a miracle.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
November 3rd, the results are in and Joe Biden has won by a landslide. Donald Trump has no choice but to concede defeat. Fatigued, groggy and sickly Trump hobbles his way to the podium to announce his defeat, he grabs onto the podium barely able to keep himself up. He mutters a few breathless words "if I'm going down, I'm taking you all with me" his mouth opens wider than humanly possibly and unleashes a toxic cloud of lurgy upon the crowd, no one is spared as Trump commits one final acts of treachery against the American people.

With that Trump retires to his high castle where he spends his time writing tweets about his new foe "Sleepy Joe".

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff

1. Sympathy
2. "I was completely fine and barely symptomatic, I'm clearly very fit and healthy unlike sleepy Joe Biden"
And another one is that he can now avoid the debates and any difficult questions. It'll just be him tweeting all day.

GDaly95

And another one is that he can now avoid the debates and any difficult questions. It'll just be him tweeting all day.
The only thing with that is that I'm sure in his mind he thinks he'll easily win every debate so I'm not sure that is an incentive! And I'd argue his best chance of winning is Biden just completely losing the run of himself in a debate and being unable to gather his thoughts, outside of the debates Biden can largely just hide himself away to an extent and cruise home to victory surely.

I think Trump would be glad to avoid media scrutiny for two weeks though.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
For me there are two points:
a) Getting the virus two days after he "lost" the presidental debate, which was probably his best chance at making a dent in the pools, is quite the coincidence.
b) I don't think he would make this announcement or go into quarantine if it was bad for his campaign. He'd just lie about it and not think twice about the people he might infect, least of all Biden.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
It'll just be him tweeting all day.
Not that he does anything else, but since it is election time he might set up some kind of daily record now.

For me there are two points:
a) Getting the virus two days after he "lost" the presidental debate, which was probably his best chance at making a dent in the pools, is quite the coincidence.
b) I don't think he would make this announcement or go into quarantine if it was bad for his campaign. He'd just lie about it and not think twice about the people he might infect, least of all Biden.
Definitely.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

1. Sympathy
Yep, those are the exact same three reasons I wouldn't be surprised at all if it's fake.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Ill be interested to see how America responds. They’re different to the UK in how they view strength. If Trump had a similar timeline to Boris, I think they would begin to reject Trump as weakly and sickly and might find it difficult to vote for a damaged president who was already very low energy.

GDaly95

So it's around 4 weeks to the election isn't it? So he'll lay low (well not on Twitter I'm sure) for 2 weeks then for the final 2 weeks try and garner up this 'risen from the ashes' narrative, which will likely see a Boris-like surge in popularity and help him win the election.

Jim Beam

Ill be interested to see how America responds. They’re different to the UK in how they view strength. If Trump had a similar timeline to Boris, I think they would begin to reject Trump as weakly and sickly and might find it difficult to vote for a damaged president who was already very low energy.
His return in 2 weeks time all smiling and healthy implying Biden would never recover so fast would be a sign of strength to many dumb people.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
His return in 2 weeks time all smiling and healthy implying Biden would never recover so fast would be a sign of strength to many dumb people.
Yeah that may be so, the virus is no joke though. If he really has it, considering his health he is in a serious position.

It’s going to be 2 weeks stuck inside without Golf just hate tweeting isn’t it :(

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Considering his total lack of empathy or condolences for 200k dead, does he really expect to illicit sympathy by faking a positive covid test? Could backfire spectacularly.

I think he has it. It was only ever a matter of time.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Considering his total lack of empathy or condolences for 200k dead, does he really expect to illicit sympathy by faking a positive covid test? Could backfire spectacularly.

I think he has it. It was only ever a matter of time.
A man has just caught corona virus and you're laughing?

Jim Beam

Yeah that may be so, the virus is no joke though. If he really has it, considering his health he is in a serious position.

It’s going to be 2 weeks stuck inside without Golf just hate tweeting isn’t it :(
You hate to see it. :(

Dante

Average bang

1. Sympathy
Yep.

Boris seemed to get a lot of sympathy when he got it a few months ago.

Also, this gives Trump a good excuse to avoid the debates.

If he weren't such a serial liar, it'd be much easier to accept it at face value.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Can you translate that tweet for me?

His initial tweet was posted before Trump was confirmed positive. I'm assuming it's protocol when the President is unwell, so he knew to look out for it once rumours were going around.

pacifictheme

Actually, something that jumped out at me from that and would make sense if this was a hoax to avoid the debates is the whole “TOGETHER” bit about him and Melania. He’s always incredibly transparent with his lies an it lines up perfectly with everyone laughing at him and Melania’s reaction to Biden and his wife’s loving embrace on stage after the debate.
Have you got a link to that? Not seen it and fancy a laugh