Turn the Caf Green and Gold

hungrywing

It does diddly squat. As did the original yellow and green. They paid no care to it.
The only thing they care about is money. Once covid allows it, the match goers need to stop going. Simple as that. Only I know it’s not simple because at the same time you’re all transfer muppets and all have expectations of United. You all need to be prepared to run United into the ground for as long as it takes. That’s all they care about, the bottom line
Holy Cynicism, Batman.

Think of the children signing up to RedCafe.

Child: "Mommy, why is it called RedCafe when it's all green and golden".
Mother: "Because the club is owned by some people who aren't very nice and the RedCafe people are doing their little part to help remind people the only thing they care about is money and that once covid allows it, the match goers need to stop going. Simple as that. Only I know it’s not simple because at the same time you’re all transfer muppets and all have expectations of United. You all need to be prepared to run United into the ground for as long as it takes. That’s all they care about, the bottom line"

And that child grows up remembering that every little bit helps and becomes a healthy member of society because they remember that even changing the colors of a website to show you care can change the world.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Holy Cynicism, Batman.

Think of the children signing up to RedCafe.

Child: "Mommy, why is it called RedCafe when it's all green and golden".
Mother: "Because the club is owned by some people who aren't very nice and the RedCafe people are doing their little part to help remind people the only thing they care about is money and that once covid allows it, the match goers need to stop going. Simple as that. Only I know it’s not simple because at the same time you’re all transfer muppets and all have expectations of United. You all need to be prepared to run United into the ground for as long as it takes. That’s all they care about, the bottom line"

And that child grows up remembering that every little bit helps and becomes a healthy member of society because they remember that even changing the colors of a website to show you care can change the world.
Look I’m not the owner, if he agrees I’ll support him.

but it’s a failed concept. Failed when the club was worth a lot less it has to be said. Something new has to be tried.

you have to remember we’re one of several thousand unofficial fan sites. Have the glazers heard of us? Unlikely

Last edited:

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
The sooner people start concentrating on affective stuff, following the money the better. Put a dent in merchandising, sponsors, match day then you’re talking

hungrywing

Look I’m not the owner, if he agrees I’ll support him.

but it’s a failed concept. Failed when the club was with a lot less it has to be said. Something new has to be tried.
Jokes aside, I agree that right now it'd feel kind of like spit-shining your coat-of-arms while you're holding blood-stained double machine-lances, ready to run some Glazer heiney out of town.

Crazy that there's actually a semi-chance of putting real pressure on them to sell.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

People may think it's worthless but at least it's something. If anyone has any other suggestions then please share. We need our club back.

croadyman

People may think it's worthless but at least it's something. If anyone has any other suggestions then please share. We need our club back.
I wear my concept protest shirt every game

vanrooney

It’s nice and nostalgic but to think that any football club in the pl nowadays could be given back to the fans is naive imo. Football is one of the biggest businesses around and the pl is the holy grail of it. I even don’t think that the glazers are the worst owners you could imagine. Of course they take out dividends of their investment - which owners normally do. Only the sheiks and Russian oligarchs who has the clubs as their personell plaything don’t. And I don’t think thats any better for the fans. These clubs (eg City or Chelsea) certainly also don’t belong to the fans.
IMO there are only two options - to accept that football is a business and we the fans are the spectators like the people in the colosseum watching the gladiators. Or to quit watching pl football and support some regional club in the lower tiers.
Changing some colors is nice but doesn’t help a bit imo

BlueHaze

Whatever happened to this idea? I think it's a good one. Forum would look absolutely brilliant green and gold.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Sometimes it’s just about nailing colours to the mast. It’s not going to send the Glazers packing, but at least it is a sizeable portion of the internet fanbase saying “this isn’t acceptable and we are not happy, we want you gone”

Not being part of the opposition is, in itself, part of the problem.

goptun

It’s nice and nostalgic but to think that any football club in the pl nowadays could be given back to the fans is naive imo. Football is one of the biggest businesses around and the pl is the holy grail of it. I even don’t think that the glazers are the worst owners you could imagine. Of course they take out dividends of their investment - which owners normally do. Only the sheiks and Russian oligarchs who has the clubs as their personell plaything don’t. And I don’t think thats any better for the fans. These clubs (eg City or Chelsea) certainly also don’t belong to the fans.
IMO there are only two options - to accept that football is a business and we the fans are the spectators like the people in the colosseum watching the gladiators. Or to quit watching pl football and support some regional club in the lower tiers.
Are you sure that's correct? 'cos as of 2020, only United and WBA had paid out dividends to their owners.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i remember the last time the caf went green and gold. half the forum base were too dense to realise what had happened and went off to support norwich and the other half we were left with included madwinger. it got some kind of reaction though, the glazers sent billy crystal and a few other famous jews to rough niall up goodfellas style until he agreed to turn it back red and white.

BlueHaze

i remember the last time the caf went green and gold. half the forum base were too dense to realise what had happened and went off to support norwich and the other half we were left with included madwinger. it got some kind of reaction though, the glazers sent billy crystal and a few other famous jews to rough niall up goodfellas style until he agreed to turn it back red and white.
:lol::lol::lol:

vanrooney

Are you sure that's correct? 'cos as of 2020, only United and WBA had paid out dividends to their owners.
even if so -the money is not the problem. We threw enough money on players.All I wanted to say is this green and gold thing is nice but won’t help really

Jaae

Not ITK
I started lurking here in January 2010 and I’m pretty sure the caf was green and gold at the time.

12 years on and the sentiment hasn’t really changed. We were still actually competing for the big titles back then too.

Red00012

Why is this a thing when we’ve a poor result ?

The fact remains that between the board and managers we have pissed away too much money on Maguire , AWB , Pellestri , Diallo VDB and thrown stupid wages at players that we can’t rid of now .

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Disagree. One is owned by a scum that's in it for the profit, the other is owned by similar scum that's in it for the success/trophies and bragging rights.

I'd rather have the latter.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
even if so -the money is not the problem. We threw enough money on players.All I wanted to say is this green and gold thing is nice but won’t help really
Nothing on its own will work, but a collection of actions might have an impact.

Coordinating these amongst our fanbase is key, but the buck stops with the buck itself. Until the Glazers see a financial hit on their investment, everything else will fall on deaf ears and be met with PR exercises with little meat to them.

The issues with the Glazers isn't the dividends paid out, or the amount they've spent putting back into the club. It's quite simply the lack of detail and care, and ultimately ambition, to achieve sustained and real on-pitch success. We've never been close to a big trophy since Fergie left, nowhere near.

All the clubs who have won the league since we did have had one thing in common - they've simply shown more ambition, and I include Leicester in this. It's not just about money, it's about having a clear route to, and demand/desire for, success. This is lacking throughout the club and has contributed to the rot that's set in.

Sultan

Gentleness adorns everything
I was one of those who wanted Glazers out. Regrettably, and completely out of character I even shouted abuse (nothing rude) at them in a Moscow hotel. Sir Alex influence kept up the winning momentum. Once he retired incompetence and bad management infected the club. To be fair, they have sanctioned some of the biggest spends on the squad in world football and kept out of football matters.

You can debate they should have sacked those responsible for the decline (Woodward or anyone else) much earlier. If we're arguing dividends then the club was also paying these to shareholders prior to the takeover. They are business people and we just need to accept they're in it for the money. Even owners at clubs such as City, Chelsea and Newcastle have their own agendas for buying clubs. They are not a charity.

vanrooney

Disagree. One is owned by a scum that's in it for the profit, the other is owned by similar scum that's in it for the success/trophies and bragging rights.

I'd rather have the latter.
but has the latter anything to do with romantic the club belongs to the fans? Don’t think so - and that’s the point I want to make. Nowadays football is a rotten business and it’s only about what scum as you call it correctly owns your club. The green and gold won’t change anything.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
but has the latter anything to do with romantic the club belongs to the fans? Don’t think so - and that’s the point I want to make. Nowadays football is a rotten business and it’s only about what scum as you call it correctly owns your club. The green and gold won’t change anything.
Oh yes mate, I agree with your overall point, but I'd me much happier with City's owners than the Glazers.

Fan ownership is probably preferable to either type of human garbage, but nonetheless overrated I'd say.

Pretty sure Barca are fan owned and they've massively fecked themselves.

It's much more realistic to think Glazers could one day sell the club to a better (but also scummy) owner than sell to the fans or whatever.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

This is the only way forward. Other fanzines etc will catch on. G&G should be at the forefront of everyone’s mind regardless of success on the pitch.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
:lol:

IrishRedDevil

Actions against the owners? What about actions against the crap, lazy, underperforming, moaning players the owners spent a billion pound buying?

jameyzane

Please no whataboutism. Let's stop that. The players are underwhelming and uncommitted and were recruited by those at the top. No one forced them on us and if we don't protest to get them to sit up or sell, then moaning about players is a waste. The season has ended, there's no way any moaning and whining about players can get them to move their arse. We know that now so a protest of the owners is the only meaningful way to go.

Gordon Godot

Actions against the owners? What about actions against the crap, lazy, underperforming, moaning players the owners spent a billion pound buying?
If you dont see the link between these two things then there is not much hope for you. The club is rotting from the top down.

BlueHaze

Boycotting for 17 minutes? :lol::lol::lol:

They really think that will affect the owners when they have already bought tickets anyway... If they really want to protest they should boycott the games completely.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I don't know non if this will do anything unless people are actually willing to go bonkers and just outright be disruptive and illegal which well you know isn't a very moral thing to do.

Like it our fan base is very tame for better or worse , just look at how Madrid fans treat their players after a mediocre performance in a very great season now whether you agree with that is another matter.

RedDevil@84

If you dont see the link between these two things then there is not much hope for you. The club is rotting from the top down.
Yes, but you can't get to the top without protesting the bottom. The players/manager on the ground have to get disturbed by the constant crowd protest and that will become a media news and that is how the message will move up the chain.
Glazers wouldn't mind occasional protest once in like 10-15 games after all tickets are sold. They will at max give some PR statements and move on.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Boycotting for 17 minutes? :lol::lol::lol:

They really think that will affect the owners when they have already bought tickets anyway... If they really want to protest they should boycott the games completely.
Problem is if "they" don't buy tickets, someone else will.

choccy77

I thought we had turned a corner.

There was a thread and everything!

The Dane

I really really fail to see how this can be put on the owners. We won plenty of titles in the first many years after they took over the club, which of course was down to us having the best Manager in the world. When SAF retired he was allowed to pick his own replacement and we the fans supported that. When that turned out to be a total disaster, we the fans demanded that he was replaced, and he was. Then came LVG, a manager picked from the top shelf with a CV to match a club like United. He failed and we demanded him fired and he got fired. Then came Mourinho. He was, and will never be, someone that the whole fan base gets behind, but he delivered some good results. At the end however player power took over, the results went from bad to worse, we demanded him fired and so he was.
Then came Ole as interim Manager. He clearly took over a well drilled squad, who just needed someone happy and smiley on the bench, because the team was suddenly playing the best we had seen since SAF.
Everybody from the fans, to the reporters , pundits, class of 92 etc demanded that OGS was made permanent manager, and at the end he was.
Of course it didn’t work out. OGS never had it in him. When the honeymoon from taking over from Mourinho was over, and Ole was left with building up his own team, and the players had forgotten Mourinho and was no more pleased with just a friendly and smiling Manager, things started to fall apart again. We demanded for Ole to be sacked and so he was.
Now the top management seem to have learned something, and in stead of rushing out and take whoever is available on the market mid-season, they decide to take in a person who has a reputation of being able to build up a club and develop a football strategy. He has not delivered the expected results but he is also only interim as a manager. Hopefully he will be able to see what this club needs to get back on top. What sort of Manager is the right fit, what players need to go, because they are either too bad or most important because they don’t have the right attitude, and what players should we bring in.
I don’t particularly like the Glazers, but I don’t blame them. To me they are just silent partners. Could they have done more ? Probably. But I don’t think that anyone around the club ever said to them “Why don’t we hire that Pep guy or Klopp“ and they then replied “ no, too expensive “ or “too Spanish” or “I don’t like his white teeth”. There is not a club in the world that do not wish they could turn back time and offer any one of those two whatever they asked for, and we would not have had this conversation today.
You don’t hear Liverpool fans complaining about their owners, but one day Klopp will leave and they will demand that Gerrard takes over, and 5 years later they will call for a demonstration.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I really really fail to see how this can be put on the owners. We won plenty of titles in the first many years after they took over the club, which of course was down to us having the best Manager in the world. When SAF retired he was allowed to pick his own replacement and we the fans supported that. When that turned out to be a total disaster, we the fans demanded that he was replaced, and he was. Then came LVG, a manager picked from the top shelf with a CV to match a club like United. He failed and we demanded him fired and he got fired. Then came Mourinho. He was, and will never be, someone that the whole fan base gets behind, but he delivered some good results. At the end however player power took over, the results went from bad to worse, we demanded him fired and so he was.
Then came Ole as interim Manager. He clearly took over a well drilled squad, who just needed someone happy and smiley on the bench, because the team was suddenly playing the best we had seen since SAF.
Everybody from the fans, to the reporters , pundits, class of 92 etc demanded that OGS was made permanent manager, and at the end he was.
Of course it didn’t work out. OGS never had it in him. When the honeymoon from taking over from Mourinho was over, and Ole was left with building up his own team, and the players had forgotten Mourinho and was no more pleased with just a friendly and smiling Manager, things started to fall apart again. We demanded for Ole to be sacked and so he was.
Now the top management seem to have learned something, and in stead of rushing out and take whoever is available on the market mid-season, they decide to take in a person who has a reputation of being able to build up a club and develop a football strategy. He has not delivered the expected results but he is also only interim as a manager. Hopefully he will be able to see what this club needs to get back on top. What sort of Manager is the right fit, what players need to go, because they are either too bad or most important because they don’t have the right attitude, and what players should we bring in.
I don’t particularly like the Glazers, but I don’t blame them. To me they are just silent partners. Could they have done more ? Probably. But I don’t think that anyone around the club ever said to them “Why don’t we hire that Pep guy or Klopp“ and they then replied “ no, too expensive “ or “too Spanish” or “I don’t like his white teeth”. There is not a club in the world that do not wish they could turn back time and offer any one of those two whatever they asked for, and we would not have had this conversation today.
You don’t hear Liverpool fans complaining about their owners, but one day Klopp will leave and they will demand that Gerrard takes over, and 5 years later they will call for a demonstration.
Read the first sentence and dint bother with the rest mate

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Problem is if "they" don't buy tickets, someone else will.
A boycott would be fantastic.

We know for a fact this is not possible at Utd.

Lads in their armchairs love to talk about what we should be doing.

Caesar2290

Read the first sentence and dint bother with the rest mate
So tell me this basic thing: why isn't SAF backing the protests? Why is he sitting on the board and advising this "parasites"? He can walk away at any time with his legacy intact. He has all the money in the world. So why didn't SAF ever speak up once against the Glazers?

Maybe the problem is more complex than just "parasitic" owners?

And say we get them out: why does everyone think that the new owner won't be worse? We say what the Venky's did to Blackburn, we saw how the Arsenal board turned them from title contenders to nobodies. Why do you think the new owners will be different?