Turning on Rangnick

RUCK4444

He talks the best game you’ve ever heard and nothing remotely like it have we seen on the pitch.

Early days but he’s had ZERO impact if we’re honest. The players don’t want to play for him.

Josep Dowling

I think we can have a moan. Like taking off Greenwood for no reason. Then brings on Rashford when he’s been poor for so long. It’s no coincidence he came on and was poor again. Players who have been dropped need sustained periods off the pitch. I’d rather see some of the youngsters get games. Lingard would work better in a 4-2-2-2 than playing natural wingers in a formation that lacks width. It doesn’t make sense. Why keep giving the same players games then expecting different results?

Redlyn

Not pleased so far. Talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk. I don't like our shape at all. I don't like how isolated our cms are for all his tactical nous.

But it would be madness to just plain write him off so early.

I just hope he can get to grips with the pace of the prem and the strengths of his squad sooner rather than later.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
No, the squad is not terrible, that is stupid hyperbole. Get a clue yourself, when the team is playing badly no matter who plays, that is down to the manager.

His system and selections are certainly not helping.
Managers aren't magicians. Rangnick ain't gonna make AWB cross better nor McT carry the ball without heavy touches. He ain't making Ronaldo, Matic nor Cavani any younger. Rangnick hasn't been perfect with this crazy 4222 but I never said he is blameless anyway so wtf are you on about ?
This squad is shit for its aspirations of dominance, you need to get your eyes checked if you don't see that.

Thiagoal

I’m hoping that this defeat will enable him to make the changes we need and he didn’t want to step on toes beforehand! If he sticks with the same faces then I give in

izec

Thankfully we haven't already guaranteed him a job in which he'll be picking his successor (spoiler: it'll be him)
He will have a say, but to how much is anyone's guess. He is an external consultant, he wont be the main guy to decide or advise on this.

BlahRules

I thought Ralf would have been aware the Midfield is shit. We persist with McTominay, I am not sure why but he is complete dogshit. We never control a game with him in the midfield.

Why isn't Donny being given a chance? We are still playing with the same shitty midfielders who can't pass to save their lives.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Managers aren't magicians. Rangnick ain't gonna make AWB cross better nor McT carry the ball without heavy touches. He ain't making Ronaldo, Matic nor Cavani any younger. Rangnick hasn't been perfect with this crazy 4222 but I never said he is blameless anyway so wtf are you on about ?
This squad is shit for its aspirations of dominance, you need to get your eyes checked if you don't see that.
The squad is certainly not shit

Fooza

I'm sticking with him but I have no idea what he's doing as we look the same under Ole.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
We saw a marked difference under Carrick albeit for only 3 games. I was expecting the same at the very least under Rangnick. It's unusual to not even get the new manager bounce. He's certainly not doing himself any favours for the long term.
That's a very good point, Carrick leaving seems very important.

Ace of Spades

There are very few players that would get into the city Liverpool Chelsea teams. Varane ? De gea ?Anyone else? Maybe Bruno, maybe.

We have 1 winger who is in his first season.
1 decent full back, maybe 2 in Dalot
1 good midfielder in Pogba but he has his own issues.
2 strikers who are past their best and 36/37 years old

That’s it, everyone else is either average or playing in a position that they don’t know how (rashford)
More nonsense. There are a few pklayers who could easily get into the city team, where they will play much better than here. Put those City players here and they will look just as shit. The difference is coaching and getting the best out of your players, which is not happening.

Redlyn

I think we can have a moan. Like taking off Greenwood for no reason. Then brings on Rashford when he’s been poor for so long. It’s no coincidence he came on and was poor again. Players who have been dropped need sustained periods off the pitch. I’d rather see some of the youngsters get games. Lingard would work better in a 4-2-2-2 than playing natural wingers in a formation that lacks width. It doesn’t make sense. Why keep giving the same players games then expecting different results?
So he can produce that half arsed running my contract down performance? No thanks.

CM

I don't think he's a particularly good tactician. Rangnick's best work seems to have been in creating structures at football clubs, I just hope that doesn't turn out being smoke and mirrors.

We're in desperate need of some good decision makers, on and off the pitch.

Lee565

He has never managed at a big club, he is more a moyes type manager that is good building up a club to certain point and we know how that turned out with moyes himself.

I think fans might have had more patience with him if he wasn't for the fact that he choosing same old players starting every game that most fans have been getting sick and tired of like mctominay, maguire and rashford with no inclusion of any youth players(diallo included) in sight.

Sanchez7

He can play VDB or youngsters if McT and AWB are so shit.
He can instruct the players to press more and if they are unwilling inject the younger players where needed.
Playing Matic who has been finished for years, two 35+ year olds in attack from start is definitely not the way.

No one is expecting miracles but surely even our shit squad can player better v/s likes of Norwich or Newcastle. Wolves, I agree maybe a step too far.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Nonsense, a good manager can absolutely get a tune out of this squad. A few areas to improve but this team has shown more and can do much better. The talent is there, now it is upto him to get it going.
Where is the talent exactly? Explain.

C'est Moi Cantona

The worst thing we could do is give up on what looked like a very good plan as soon as the going gets tough.

I think we're going to look crap for a good while yet.

Looptheloop16

Too many technically inept players who cant control a ball or make a pass to a red shirt with any purpose.

The Firestarter

Not turning on him, but I hope some journo asks him what happened to the infamous gegenpress and why it lasted the entirety of one half .

Hughie77

He's been brought in that's it , what he didn't expect neither did anyone was Carrick pissed off, Mcenna did as well. Now those 2 guys new this bunch he doesn't only phelan and it looks like he's on his way out as well. 3 stooges are His assistant and Fletcher. This is not boading well . Poor games . Only the 30 mins against palace was any difference. Beat a poor Burnley struggled against a poor toon, and lost against a very good wolves side who can't score goals!!

Hes not the next manager just interim , sooner the summer comes the better. This season has been a fecking train wreck. Is there a light at the end of a very long tunnel who knows .

KeanoMagicHat

It's better off the ball than it was, but it's dreadful on the ball. No plan, just pump it long and bypass the midfield. Surprised with how direct he's played.

Verward

Too early to write him off. I have had high hopes on him and was expecting some quick improvements. Unfortunately haven't seen much progress.

However one thing I do like is that he don't have his favorites and giving everyone chance to claim their place.

I am eager to see what kind of players he goes for during January window. I think for him to succeed, he'd need young players who are eager to improve.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
We had people defending Ole for over a year, Ralf is in to keep us to ticking over with more cohesion and is already hammered by fans after single digit amount of games :lol:

he’s having a rough start with stop/start due to covid and quick turn around in fixtures. He’s human and relied on the wrong players today. But he certainly isn’t the problem.

SirScholes

More nonsense. There are a few pklayers who could easily get into the city team, where they will play much better than here. Put those City players here and they will look just as shit. The difference is coaching and getting the best out of your players, which is not happening.
Couldn’t disagree more
What players ?

Ace of Spades

Where is the talent exactly? Explain.
The talent is in the team, and I do not need to give any explanation. The same talent that got us second last season, and when every player is playing horribly then that is a bigger issue than individual ability.

Presto

No one is turning on him. I think the consensus is that is isn’t good enough to manager United full time and we should still stick to the plan of getting Pochettino or Ten Hag in the summer. Ralf was never mentioned as a serious potential replacement for ole, but only as a caretaker. I feel that his job will better serve implementping the right mentali and philosophy into United.
No point in trying to implement his own bizarre 4222 system as a caretaker then appointing another manager with an entirely different philosophy and system, says Ten Haag or Pochettino, seems like he's the only one who is using this 4222 of all managers of professional football clubs

SirScholes

It's better off the ball than it was, but it's dreadful on the ball. No plan, just pump it long and bypass the midfield. Surprised with how direct he's played.
That’s mostly due to having players with a low footballing. Watching Awb toe punt the ball out game after game is just awful

Winrar

Didn't expect him to pull any trees, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't concerned because the only time I've seen his high press vision show on the pitch was the first half vs Crystal Palace.

Honestly the top 4 is pretty much gone at this point, so I wouldn't mind him seeing experiment some more and set up for the next manager to succeed.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Taking the covid situation into consideration that resulted in training being halted, how much time did he really have with the players?

Mainoldo

Glad you double negatived that.

Anyone seriously turning on Rangnick after his first month or so having been covid hit and this being his first loss needs their head checking.

Football has been mixed, first half v Palace and Burnley were good, rest has been meh. Results haven't been terrible, tonight aside.

The team is seemingly on an upward curve. Woodward having less and less influence, more football men about. We have to give it a chance.
Hmmmm. He’s a shite manager to be honest. I’m not easily fooled.

CloneMC16

Rangnick talks about lacking control in midfield when he chooses to play a formation with only 2 actual midfielders in it. Ole did the same shite. Play 3 midfielders and then maybe we won't get overrun every game?

Ace of Spades

Couldn’t disagree more
What players ?
Disagree all you want, does not change facts. Those same brilliant City players turn average when playing for their NTs when they are playing in the same team. That just shows the difference good coaching makes.

Looptheloop16

Not turning on him, but I hope some journo asks him what happened to the infamous gegenpress and why it lasted the entirety of one half .
He did address it briefly saying lack of time on training pitch over last few weeks.....

He needs a midfield ASAP

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
Rangnick talks about lacking control in midfield when he chooses to play a formation with only 2 actual midfielders in it. Ole did the same shite. Play 3 midfielders and then maybe we won't get overrun every game?
They also had 2 in midfield - Neves and Moutinho. Difference is - they worked much harder as a team, we didn't.

Godfather

We should keep handing out 6 months contracts to managers until we finally get it right.

Ceeps

6 games in and 30 minutes of actual constant/effective pressing managed from a manager renowned for pressing, this doesn’t read well for either players or the manager. This and the last 5 matches was utter tumescent awkward muck, I’d have expected worse case, 6 games of being clueless and aimless runners putting shifts in, but what we got is 6 games of clueless sub Sunday league quality.