Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
I can only assume that we expect Rooney to be off then if we're serious about Cavani.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
See my 'Strikers' thread in the TF. Not as absurd as some may think, we will likely need TOP quality reinforcementupfront within 18 months, with Rooney off/Persie ageing.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Completely plausible Fergie would pick up the phone and call Larry White.
Don't see why not. He's a 'director' now. If another club's 'director of football' called to discuss a deal, it would be considered the norm.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Certainly the calibre of player we need. Would probably spell the end for Kagawa though, unless Rooney is definitely off.

Brophs

The One and Only
The phrase 'close in on' is so often incorrectly used in transfer stories.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If the Mirror article is true, you've got to wonder why senior United sources are scrambling to deny such a rumor so late in the evening when they ignore hundreds of others.

Maybe it's a sign that it could be happening, maybe it's proof that The Mirror make up a load of absolute bollocks on a nightly basis.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
If the Mirror article is true, you've got to wonder why senior United sources are scrambling to deny such a rumor so late in the evening when they ignore hundreds of others.

Maybe it's a sign that it could be happening, maybe it's proof that The Mirror make up a load of absolute bollocks on a nightly basis.
The Telegraph never said that Manchester United made a bid. Both Telegraph and Mirror say that they were considering a bid so club officials didn't 'deny' anything.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
The Telegraph never said that Manchester United made a bid. Both Telegraph and Mirror say that they were considering a bid so club officials didn't 'deny' anything.

Yes they did. They denied making a bid they were never accused of making.

Devil may care

Mata is a quality player but I am not sure he'd solve our biggest problems, although having him to play from the right instead of Valencia would be good.

lysglimt

Scout
Mata isn't what we need in the slightest.
10 minutes left to play against a WBA - an Everton or a Newcastle-side - I wouldn't mind Mata on the pitch to feed RvP or Rooney.

He wouldn't solve our biggest problem - but he has the creativity we lack.

Status
Not open for further replies.