Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Meh, I think he's telling the truth. I think we've sounded out a lot of players though their agents and explained the project and how they fit in and they've given us the green light and will join us should we agree a deal with their club.

Optimistic?

binary bot
It's true, whether or not the club are prepared to pay up is the question. All the talk with so little evidence to back it up is getting quite annoying at this point.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Moyes says big players want to join one of the biggest clubs in the world. The cnuts on caf explode and call it an embarrassment.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
There's nothing wrong with his quotes. Just a bunch of people itching to have a go at Moyes and the club.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Are you guys all wanting to feel the wrath of the mods?
Was loving the amount of new tweets in this thread this morning...
Are you guys all morons or something? How many times do they have to tell you?

Fear not - posts removed, 5 posters threadbanned.

[Yet another] reminder - this thread is for Tweets and quick Twitter like responses to them (think 140 characters or less). Take the longer discussions to the respective player threads. If no such threat exists - you guessed it - create one. This thread works quite smoothly when people contribute tweets and short reactions.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Everyone laughs

But can anyone confirm that Moyes has said this??
This is what Moyes said in full [expanding on the tweet from above]:

The Scot said: "Manchester United are not only the biggest club in this country, but the biggest club in the world.

"I don't think any of the aura is fading whatsoever. Some of the results have not been what you would want, but I wouldn't say the aura is fading - in fact, I think the opposite.

"There is no issue about signing big players - not by my trips and the things I am hearing.

"The number of big players wanting to join Manchester United is incredible.

"Maybe players want to go to other clubs for the money, but if you ask them where they really want to be, which club they really want to wear the badge of, they want to wear the badge of Manchester United.

"It's because of what this club stands for in world terms - everything about it.

"The share price doesn't matter whatsoever. Players are not looking at the share price. What they are looking at is the club and what it stands for in football and world terms.

"It is renowned throughout the world, wherever you go, and I don't see that changing."
http://www1.skysports.com/football/...ys-top-players-want-to-join-manchester-united.

OneUnited24

When Rooney wanted to go SAF said something similar too, just because we're having a bad season doesn't mean players will ignore our standing as a club.

Sam

There's nothing wrong with his quotes. Just a bunch of people itching to have a go at Moyes and the club.
Or maybe the fact that for the last few years we've had to resort to playing converted defenders and wingers in midfield, plus the likes of Valencia and Young on the wings, yet now Moyes is claiming that all these 'big' players want to play for United. Which means one of two things, a) we're either inexplicably choosing not to sign all these 'big' players for some sort of mental reason or b) Moyes is chatting shit.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
While that's all well and lovely, you know that buying Mata pretty much confirms Rooney leaving to Chelsea.

I think I would rather miss out on Mata than Chelsea getting Rooney.

Mainoldo

While that's all well and lovely, you know that buying Mata pretty much confirms Rooney leaving to Chelsea.

I think I would rather miss out on Mata than Chelsea getting Rooney.
I think we are too shit to be caring about that to be honest.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
No comments guys
@Earthquake
EDIT: Earthquake, Understand what you are saying, but when it's bumped for 'Nos Vemos...' and lots of other pointless comments, it does defeat the object, anyway I was only saying so it didn't start the day off badly :lol:

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
Fear not - posts removed, 5 posters threadbanned.

[Yet another] reminder - this thread is for Tweets and quick Twitter like responses to them (think 140 characters or less). Take the longer discussions to the respective player threads. If no such threat exists - you guessed it - create one. This thread works quite smoothly when people contribute tweets and short reactions.
No comments guys
"and quick Twitter like responses"

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Don't need Mata. Januzaj is the way forward.

Aye, I think we should look to line up like this:

Striker​
Januzaj - Januzaj - Januzaj​
MF - MF​
DF - DF - DF - DF​
GK​

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Aye, I think we should look to line up like this:

Striker​
Januzaj - Januzaj - Januzaj​
MF - MF​
DF - DF - DF - DF​
GK​
For those with poor comprehension skills, I think we should develop, and line-up with, Januzaj in Juan Mata's role.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
For those with poor comprehension skills, I think we should develop, and line-up with, Januzaj in Juan Mata's role.

Obviously you are having trouble comprehending the fact that we could still develop Januzaj as a 10 while incorporating Mata into one of the other two positions, either coming from the left or coming from the right.

Januzaj's development would be greatly aided by having someone like Mata playing alongside him than Young and Valencia.

Just think of the difference having Mata coming inside from the right and linking up compared to Valencia either passing back to the right back or blasting across or over the area if he's lucky but usually into the first defender.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Obviously you are having trouble comprehending the fact that we could still develop Januzaj as a 10 while incorporating Mata into one of the other two positions, either coming from the left or coming from the right.

Januzaj's development would be greatly aided by having someone like Mata playing alongside him than Young and Valencia.

Just think of the difference having Mata coming inside from the right and linking up compared to Valencia either passing back to the right back or blasting across or over the area if he's lucky but usually into the first defender.
Of course I don't want Young/Valencia, but that doesn't make Mata the answer. I'd prefer a Reus, Draxler, Di Maria or Sanchez type. Anyway, before I get myself thread banned....

Woodzy

I have an idea that could potentially solve this problem (depending on whether or not tweets would be allowed in the player thread). How about strictly no posts here at all unless it is a tweet, but anyone who does post the tweet must also post in the appropriate player thread, with a link to that post in here so they can continue the appropriate discussion in the player thread without much effort?

Could work, could not, but it's an idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.