Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hans Moleman

howardnurse
Sir Alex likely to be quizzed about #Sneijder after #MUFC play Chicago Fire later after reports that negotiations are ongoing but difficult.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Howard Nurse is literally pointless. Him and Phil McNulty have no use for being on twitter. News will break and then about 10 minutes later this pair will retweet the news off of someone from their timeline.

wr8_utd

:'(
The fountain of knowledge i.e Howard Nurse :

Howard Nurse
Sir Alex likely to be quizzed about #Sneijder after #MUFC play Chicago Fire later after reports that negotiations are ongoing but difficult.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Any move for Wes (IF any), wont be done properly until we are back from the US. No point really, as all parties cant sit down and discuss. So I expect Fergie to respond the exact same way as he has done when quizzed the last time.

Jonno

We clearly would be interested in doing a deal to get Sneijder, but ST the right price, otherwise Fergie would have 100% ruled it out.

Maybe in August once they are back something may happen

wr8_utd

:'(
Don't know how authentic this is but it's been tweeted by a lot of people (some reliable)

Inter captain Javier Zanetti on Italia radio: "My head says he will go, but my heart hopes he stays! We will see."

WireRed

Wow! If true. Wow!

Probably not true.

But if true? Wow!
Big wow my arse. Until Zanetti becomes an Inter director or Sneijder's agent, his opinion weighs feck all in the grand scheme of things, whether he's given the media a legitimate one or not.

I'm more interested in the opinion of those who matter...Sneijder says he's staying and loves Milan, Fergie says it's not on the cards. Work the eventual outcome out for yourselves...

RonaldoVII

Big wow my arse. Until Zanetti becomes an Inter director or Sneijder's agent, his opinion weighs feck all in the grand scheme of things, whether he's given the media a legitimate one or not.

I'm more interested in the opinion of those who matter...Sneijder says he's staying and loves Milan, Fergie says it's not on the cards. Work the eventual outcome out for yourselves...
Sneijder hasn't said anything and Fergie has ruled it out and in within the same sentence.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
@BarackObama bout time u *** caf is back up! On it like a car bonnet! haha

Maajid

Formerly Mad
nickcoppack

Gill: "Nothing is imminent. I’m not working on anything specific but that situation could change quickly when we get back to Carrington."

Maajid

Formerly Mad
nickcoppack

Gill: "Nothing is imminent. I’m not working on anything specific but that situation could change quickly when we get back to Carrington."

Maajid

Formerly Mad
nickcoppack

WireRed

I personally don't want Sneijder to arrive but the fact myself and many others could actually believe that view of us being "unable to afford a £200,000 a week salary" is a sad indicment of our financial and ownership structure. With our turnover, we should be able to splash out Real Madrid-Cristiano Ronaldo sums of money without even blinking, the fact we possibly can't even stretch to a deal on a much smaller scale says everything about the Glazer's and their effect on the club.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I personally don't want Sneijder to arrive but the fact myself and many others could actually believe that view of us being "unable to afford a £200,000 a week salary" is a sad indicment of our financial and ownership structure. With our turnover, we should be able to splash out Real Madrid-Cristiano Ronaldo sums of money without even blinking, the fact we possibly can't even stretch to a deal on a much smaller scale says everything about the Glazer's and their effect on the club.
Get a fecking grip. This whining that we won't spend 100m in a single summer, or grab any 200k a week player we want is the worst kind of muppetry. We still had financial constraints as a Plc. There was no magical period before the Glazers where money was no object.

Looks like some people are getting pissed off with United because they can't spend money as freely as City. They have an option if that's the case.

Hans Moleman

It's nonsense anyway, the guy that writes a blog about Utd's finances (who has stated many times that we have £170m floating about in the bank ready to spend) has estimated we have around 200k per week leftover from the 30+ retirees, subtracting the new signings.

Of course he's just a random blogger, but he has figures to back up his claims, unlike Darren Cann.

Amir

In any event, I believe our long lasting policy of not paying over 50% of our turnover for wages is very much justified.

gormless

Fergie was very unhappy with financial restraints during the PLC era. He supposedly had a deal for Batistuta negotiated but due to restraints he wasn't allowed to close it. Glazers have nothing to do with it, we're not City, as nice as spending that amount of money would be nice.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
What I don't understand about this is why do they have to wait until they get back to Carrington? I assume they have phones, fax machines and e mail in America. I don't believe any hold up is related to them not being at Carrington.

Quiet the opposite really. You have the time differences, different working schedules etc. Even I experience that with the area manager/Head Office of where I work. Some things are better done face to face, and they are only 60 miles away!

Plus player deals isnt just cash anymore. You have bonus payments and installments with the club, player image rights (if applicable), contract length and pay etc. It is a long winded process at the end of the day. Even Ashley Young took 2 weeks to complete, and he was apparently just saying "ya where do I sign???".

That stands for any player we are interested in also.

WireRed

Get a fecking grip. This whining that we won't spend 100m in a single summer, or grab any 200k a week player we want is the worst kind of muppetry. We still had financial constraints as a Plc. There was no magical period before the Glazers where money was no object.

Looks like some people are getting pissed off with United because they can't spend money as freely as City. They have an option if that's the case.
Get a fecking grip? I've the only one who's got one round here judging by the amount of people who want a number 10 to be our new midfield kingpin and who are convinced he is a CM despite not playing there since 2008. It is they who need to get a grip.

Problem with this place is that you can't hold an opinion no matter how legitimate without being branded and spoken down to. Fact is, our turnover far exceeds anyone else's in the world, so why are we supposedly struggling to come up with a package that Inter Milan can come up with? And I stress the word supposedly, it's isn't gospel but it's not entirely out of the question either when taking our wage structure into account.

RedRover

I dont see how wanting the club to spend a decent sum of money on an area of the squad where we are clearly light is the "worse kind of muppetry".

As league champions and one of the richest clubs in the world with revenue streams all over the globe, large ticket prices and the club generally squeezing the fans for every last penny I dont see whay any fan should be mocked for wanting United to sign top players, especially when they spend their hard earned season after season and see the club bragging about record turnover and tens of millions in the bank.

The simple fact is that even before losing Paul Scholes it was blatently obvious that we lack quality in central midfield, and its an issue which needs to be addressed. Scholes was world class and is arguably irreplaceable - but one thing that is certain is that the players we have at the moment, while playing an important part are unlikely to be able to fill that gap.

For me there's so much garbage bandied about here - "muppet" this and that, some people seemingly suggesting they're "better reds" because they're happy to put up with the status quo - when the vast majority of people being mocked just want to see the club deal with obvious issues on a footballing basis. Fact is, recognising a weakness and wanting it to be dealt with doesn't make me a "muppet" in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.