Tweets Only 2010/14 Archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRover

It's been mentioned plenty of times he doesn't want Citeh, even Mancini ruled out a swap deal involving Tevez for Sneijder - shows he's only got his heart set on one place. :drool:

Money might not matter on this one, plus the thing doing the rounds is Inter are going to offer €44M for Tevez... Now where's that cash coming from?
By who - the player has't said that in any interview I've read - its all rumour and inuendo.

I also wouldnt hold much swathe in what mancini or any other manager says,. he would want a player of that quality and no doubt if the opportunity comes up he'll take it. Fergie says stuff he doesnt mean all the time.

Of course I don't know what Sneijder's preferences are - but if he's prepared to move to England (and to Manchester as we're led to believe) why wouldn't he sign for City? He could probably increase his already enormous wages and join a club playing CL football and who'll have as good a chance of enjoying success over the next few years as any other top 4 club. As much as I don't like it, City are here to stay and will now attract top players.

Indeed, even if his preference is United - that might not be an option for him if they wont pay his wages.

The fact that Inter clearly can't afford Tevez means they must have something up their sleeve - it might not be offering Sneijder in exchange but it would make a certain amount of sense - especially as they'll think City would love to put one over on United.

gaz1185

By who - the player has't said that in any interview I've read - its all rumour and inuendo.

I also wouldnt hold much swat in what mancini or any other manager says,. he would want a player of that quality and no doubt if the opportunity comes up he'll take it. Fergie says stuff he doesnt mean all the time.

Of course I don't know what Sneijder's preferences are - but if he's prepared to move to England (and to Manchester as we're led to believe) why wouldn't he sign for City? He could probably increase his already enormous wages and join a club playing CL football and who'll have as good a chance of enjoying success over the next few years as any other top 4 club. As much as I don't like it, City are here to stay and will now attract top players.

Indeed, even if his preference is United - that might not be an option for him if they wont pay his wages.

The fact that Inter clearly can't afford Tevez means they must have something up their sleeve - it might not be offering Sneijder in exchange but it would make a certain amount of sense - especially as they'll think City would love to put one over on United.
Sneijder tempted by United - read the final paragraph. :)

RedRover

Sneijder tempted by United - read the final paragraph. :)
Fair enough. He's obviously talking up the most likely move and it seems to be clear he'd like to play for United.

I still think he might be convinced by City though - especially if Inter make it clear they want to sell and United won't pay the neccessary sums. With their financial muscle and CL football they could never be ruled out.

I'm sure the extra £10 or £15 million he makes over his contract will compensate him for moving to City over United.

gaz1185

Fair enough. He's obviously talking up the most likely move and it seems to be clear he'd like to play for United.

I still think he might be convinced by City though - especially if Inter make it clear they want to sell and United won't pay the neccessary sums. With their financial muscle and CL football they could never be ruled out.

I'm sure the extra £10 or £15 million he makes over his contract will compensate him for moving to City over United.
Yeah I have to admit that City are always a worry on the financial front and could offer Inter & Sneijder probably much better deals. For know lets just hope they've got there mind set on signing other players (Aguero being one) and are concentrating on the areas they're lacking in.

You never know, there might still be one player out there who will join for footballing reasons rather for the money! :(

Just noticed this too:

Fourth Official:
Hearing there's been a £15m bid by Spurs for Vucinic accepted #THFC
Usually a reliable source, would be a decent catch for Spurs.

Maajid

Formerly Mad

You can never tell what the prospect of astronomical amounts of money could do to a player, but surely one of the reasons why he isn't doing a Modric and burning his bridges with Inter is that if the move to United falls through, he'll continue playing for Inter without facing any disillusionment from the club/fans?

wr8_utd

:'(
I don't think Vucininc is the type of forward they need. They need a good target man who can score a lot of goals.

RedRover

Yeah I have to admit that City are always a worry on the financial front and could offer Inter & Sneijder probably much better deals. For know lets just hope they've got there mind set on signing other players (Aguero being one) and are concentrating on the areas they're lacking in.

You never know, there might still be one player out there who will join for footballing reasons rather for the money! :(

Just noticed this too:

Usually a reliable source, would be a decent catch for Spurs.
I think it's also the case that City have now added themselves to teh list of teams that the top players would consider as a viable option.

History is important but not as important as the future for any potential signing. As City now have such vast funds any player will consider the fact that they'll probably be able to attract top players and are therefore likely to win a few trophies and do well in the CL.

Can see Spurs moving for Vucinic as they've been linked before - would probably be a good signing for them as they need a decent forward desperately.

RedRover

You can never tell what the prospect of astronomical amounts of money could do to a player, but surely one of the reasons why he isn't doing a Modric and burning his bridges with Inter is that if the move to United falls through, he'll continue playing for Inter without facing any disillusionment from the club/fans?
Maybe. But if the club wants him off the wage bill, or simply think he's reached his peak value then they might want to move him on.

I don't think its a case of him being desperate to join United, and dont think he'd only move there.

He's making all the right noises about moving to United but (as said above) if that doesnt come off, a move to another CL club in England may appeal - City and Chelsea would probably be the only two who could afford him and both represent realistic prospects of winning trophies.

I desperately hope United do get him, he's a fantastic player and hopefully matters are dragging on only due the complexity of any potential deal, but I do have concerns whether the club are prepared to invest such a vast amount in one player - whatever the benefit in footballing terms.

wr8_utd

Zamparini "On Tuesday we'll look with Pastore's agent at the solid offers we have. I believe we're in the final stretch of his transfer."

wr8_utd

888.com is the latest to suspend betting on Sneijder joining United apparently.

Godfather

Now that Red Hand Devil or whatever his username is managed to get the Sneijder thread closed again I'll stick to this thread for news :)

888.com is the latest to suspend betting on Sneijder joining United apparently.
This doenst mean anything though does it? They've suspended betting on him to stay last week or so too.

Mitch Conor

Holy CRAP BALLS!!
Now that Red Hand Devil or whatever his username is managed to get the Sneijder thread closed again I'll stick to this thread for news :)

This doenst mean anything though does it? They've suspended betting on him to stay last week or so too.
there were a few people talking about their market for Sneijder this morning, as their odds were better than anyone else - so i reckon that could have seen a few bets being placed in quick succession, resulting in them suspending the market.

Betting exchanges are too easy to manipulate and close down with a few quick and relatively low bets to be a hint at what is actually happening, imo.

gaz1185

OK OK, keep our pants on here, but a ITK whatever (WR8 will know him) who has come across ok during this saga has just had a conversation about Sneijder to which this came out:

Ok... TNC are on the right lines but it's not as large amount as that. Terms are agreed with Sneijder and he wants to move. The image rights are the stumbling block but Utd are still discussing. If inter don't lower demands deal will be off , however could be completed by end of the weekend if the fees are agreed. Transfer fee is 35mil as agreed. Yolanthe has already been spoken to regarding media jobs. Also It IS Javier Pastore who inter will move for if Utd get Sneijder. Inter accept they are going to lose Sneider but are fighting for all the money they can get. Utd are getting impatient with drawn out negotiations and told Inter it's now or never. Now it's a case of waiting..
:keano:

wr8_utd

OK OK, keep our pants on here, but a ITK whatever (WR8 will know him) who has come across ok during this saga has just had a conversation about Sneijder to which this came out:

1andonlyWalshy? He's very very confident of us signing him.

He's covering his tracks though and repeatedly says he hopes "Inter's greed doesn't end the deal".

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet

I said all that earlier, and that was just what I gathered from various reports. (well didn't say about the image rights tshirt thing as someone had alreay said it but you know what i mean). Therefore, Gambit is an In the know but doesn't know it.

gaz1185

I said all that earlier, and that was just what I gathered from various reports. (well didn't say about the image rights tshirt thing as someone had alreay said it but you know what i mean). Therefore, Gambit is an In the know but doesn't know it.
:lol: Gambit you've missed your calling, get a twitter ITK account started, you've still got a month to go!

wr8_utd

Palermo director of sport, Sen Sogliano: "At the moment it is much likelier that Javier Pastore will go abroad."

Nooo. Go to Inter!

Shimo

Palermo director of sport, Sen Sogliano: "At the moment it is much likelier that Javier Pastore will go abroad."

Nooo. Go to Inter!
If that is because you want Inter to sell Sneijder so they can fund the purchase of Pastore, then perhaps take heart from the Aguero to fly to Manchester on Sunday. City buying him could mean Teveth to Inter - which could again lead to Inter selling Sneijder to fund that deal.

RonaldoVII

If that is because you want Inter to sell Sneijder so they can fund the purchase of Pastore, then perhaps take heart from the Aguero to fly to Manchester on Sunday. City buying him could mean Teveth to Inter - which could again lead to Inter selling Sneijder to fund that deal.
Or City swapping Tevez for Sneijder.

Shimo

Or City swapping Tevez for Sneijder.
I just don't see that happening for one City seem to want cash for Tevez. While they have the sheikh to back them, I think they are now trying to make sure they are balancing their books better. If they are to buy Aguero for whatever amount that is being bandied about, that I think is predicated on Teveth sale.

The other reason is I just don't think Sneijder will want to go to City. If what is being said about his wife being a factor in any deal to even United, then I think she would see far more benefit for her career, if her husband was at United compared to City. Far more marketability. When people like Kaka and others have turned them down, I don't think he'll want to be seen as going to a club just for the money. Right or wrong, that is what will get associated for now any top player that signs with City.

vanthaman

Winner
Fourth_Official Fourth Official
Wonder if we'll get a "Sky Sources; Spurs £15m bid for Vucinic accepted" in the next 24 hours or so? #THFC

there is Spurs' striker

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Vucinic? feck me another average striker.

wr8_utd

Coulibaly? Maybe a tad too early for him but you never know though, do you?
Sure he might turn out to be good but they need some first team quality right now and going for Vucininc confuses me.

SATA

Why are Spurs buying another striker? They only play one up top ever since vdv was there. Vucinic's a very decent player though

dev1l

howardnurse Howard Nurse
Absolute silence all week from #MUFC on the transfer front. Now what does that tell you...!

wr8_utd

Sky Sport 24's Luca Marchetti: "If money should come from the transfer of Wesley Sneijder, the club would reinvest it in a midfielder."

Status
Not open for further replies.