Twitter Discussion [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarrou

You guys are falling for this again.

I have said it before and I will say it again, Barcelona and Real Madrid do not do business with Man United.

You can forget about signing any of their players. Besides, Alexis wants to go to Arsenal if he can't stay at Barcelona.
Alexis wants to go to Arsenal eh? Ironic that you've just scolded people for believing some twitter bollocks, then quote a piece of bollocks you got from there as fact.

Richard Cranium

If you gave Sanchez the choice between United and Arsenal there's only going to be one winner, and it isn't Arsenal. CL or not.

If we were to go in for him we'd blow Liverpool and Arsenal out the water in terms of transfer fee, wages and agents fees anyway. The "no value in the market" shackles are off.
But, but, but... we're just a red Man City. :(

CantonaGiggs1

I am sure Sir Alex turned down a lot of players during his 26 yrs that turned out to be absolute shite. It works both ways.

The mistake was not doing everything possible to buy him from Porto in 2012-13.

2E_MUFC

You guys are falling for this again.

I have said it before and I will say it again, Barcelona and Real Madrid do not do business with Man United.

You can forget about signing any of their players. Besides, Alexis wants to go to Arsenal if he can't stay at Barcelona.
You have read that In one article :lol: Sanchez hasn't said that.

Tarrou

That doesn't really matter anyway. Barca will not sell to us, period.
Where are you getting this from? Why would they not sell to us as opposed to Arsenal, for example? How long as this 'we don't sell players to United' policy been in place?

hobbers

They were about to sell Thiago to us before we pulled out.

If they could pick an English club to sell Sanchez to, it would be us. We'd pay them the most and we won't be competing against them in the CL.

CantonaGiggs1

" Real Madrid/Barcelona sell star to Manchester United"

We'll see how long it takes before we read a headline like that.

NK86

Call me an idiot when Barca or Real Madrid sell us one of their players.
We may not sign Sanchez but that is not going to be because Barca wouldn't want to do business with us. We nearly got Coentrao on loan from Madrid last summer with an option to buy apparently and the deal fekl through because we could not get the paper work pushed through in time.

CantonaGiggs1

We may not sign Sanchez but that is not going to be because Barca wouldn't want to do business with us. We nearly got Coentrao on loan from Madrid last summer with an option to buy apparently and the deal fekl through because we could not get the paper work pushed through in time.
Wasn't the problem on Real Madrid's end?

binary bot
And they all went to Real Madrid. That is my point.

Those clubs will never sell to us. They see us as their competition(globally) and would never do anything to reinforce us. I wish Man United held this same philosophy towards those clubs.
That's utter nonsense.

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Wasn't the problem on Real Madrid's end?
Madrid were willing to loan us Coentrao earlier in the transfer window when they had a replacement lined up. We made our loan offer on the last day after their replacement had gone to another club so Madrid decided to keep Coentrao because they would have no backup to Marcelo otherwise.

Plus, we were very close to getting Thiago from Barca until Moyes called it off. Your notion that Madrid or Barca not doing business with United is utterly ridiculous.

dsch

Madrid were willing to loan us Coentrao earlier in the transfer window when they had a replacement lined up. We made our loan offer on the last day after their replacement had gone to another club so Madrid decided to keep Coentrao because they would have no backup to Marcelo otherwise.

Plus, we were very close to getting Thiago from Barca until Moyes called it off. Your notion that Madrid or Barca not doing business with United is utterly ridiculous.
Real and Barca were just stringing us along. Obviously.

SATA

Barca would have sold us Fabregas last season if the fecker had wanted to come to us and us not low-balling them, was it not? I would think it's all about money at the end of the day

Melvyn

prostate examiner
Barca would have sold us Fabregas last season if the fecker had wanted to come to us and us not low-balling them, was it not? I would think it's all about money at the end of the day
Correct. Fabregas' camp was stringing us along, encouraging us to make a bid, partly because Fabregas wanted to force the new coach into playing him and Barca have been wanting to sell him for the past two seasons. However, we made a stupid low bid (at the time).

SammyUnited_83

I am sure Sir Alex turned down a lot of players during his 26 yrs that turned out to be absolute shite. It works both ways.

The mistake was not doing everything possible to buy him from Porto in 2012-13.
My only problem (if this report is true) is that Fergie preferred a player, who he admitted he had NEVER seen play, over a young Rodriguez who I assume was showing plenty of promise.

Probably bollocks though, surely at that price we could just have had them both!

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I wouldn't go over £30m for him. £30m +Nani if that's able to be done would be good.

The Red Thinker

I have reason to feel optimistic about this report. O Jogo is a sports newspaper with significant contacts in the portuguese league. They're the guys who give out the Portuguese Liga's 'Team of the Year' award. Might just be true.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
He is the best CM in the world. If they asked for 60mil i'd pay it, it ain't my money...

Please, Andoni Zubizarreta, don't sign Suarez! He's a disgrace and I don't want him anywhere near Barça.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Please, Andoni Zubizarreta, don't sign Suarez! He's a disgrace and I don't want him anywhere near Barça.
How dare you! He is just misunderstood and has the unfortunate habit of tripping teeth first into opposition defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.