Twitter Discussion [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I don't think they were cry babies, they just feared the worst. Considering last year, why shouldn't they?

What is really boring, are those that with hindsight are prepared to preach from the moral high ground. Chelsea will be a force to reckon with, make no mistake.
What was ridiculous is that people were moaning about transfers even though there was two months to go. These moaners polluted most of the threads with their drivel In the summer.

A1X

Well, that's Vidal off then.

Real Madrid seem to be stockpiling midfielders at the moment. Does this mean we can expect a "Modric to United" story soon? Not a proper summer transfer window until that happens, it's like Christmas and the Coca Cola advert.

mata10

Well, that's Vidal off then.

Real Madrid seem to be stockpiling midfielders at the moment. Does this mean we can expect a "Modric to United" story soon? Not a proper summer transfer window until that happens, it's like Christmas and the Coca Cola advert.
Vidal rejected bayern when he went to juve.

NMF

Well that's Vidal off then :mad: bloody Pep and his obsession with midfielders.

Anduin

That McDermott guy knows nothing... been following him for a year up until recently, he hasn't got one thing right. Just posts stuff he read in the papers and pretends to be ITK...

Sid234

Just saw this quote from Dwight Yorke,
"They are probably looking to bring in another seven players into the squad, so with Van Gaal on international duty, his team are doing extremely well."

:eek:

A1X

"They are probably looking to bring in another seven players into the squad, so with Van Gaal on international duty, his team are doing extremely well."

Some of those might be youth players though, I suppose. But seven more?

RedStarUnited

Ander Herreras agents demied he was coming too..

Jan Aage Fjortoft ‏@JanAageFjortoft 32s
Yes, Toni Kroos's agent talking with Real (as I told you 6 weeks ago). Understand Bayern will only be in for Vidal IF Kroos leaves
June 20th - Ander Herreras Agent

"There has been nothing new," Canales said. "There were rumours during the whole year, saying that United would try and sign him this summer, and even that [Jose] Mourinho wanted him for Chelsea, but we have not heard anything.

"The player is focused on Athletic and nothing else," he said. "Ander is on holidays and he is only thinking about the coming season with Athletic, because he is very excited about playing the Champions League with his team."

June 26th He signs for Us.

Agents talk shit.

Trizy

We rarely spend big and in the past 10 years Chelsea have spent double and City not too far behind. Our squad is in need of a massive overhaul and investment in the best of the ready made available targets so I don't see anything wrong if both Vidal and Sanchez are available and we spend what ever is necessary to land those targets. My guess would be €40-45 million each. That's roughly £65-70m of our apparently £140 warchest (taken away 60 for Shaw/Herrera).

Leaves us with 70 million to invest in a CB and 1-2 young players for future development (Depay could be possible one)
We could easily make up 30-40 million on selling players alone, take that from the 'war chest' we'd only be spending 150-160m to go from midtable players to a world class/ potential world class XI.

The Muppet XI

De Gea
Rafa, Jones, Hummels, Shaw
Vidal, Herrera
Sanchez, Mata, Januzaj
RVP

Subs : Rooney, Carrick, James Wilson, Depay, Kagawa, Smalling..etc

Glanville95

Hope he's including youth players getting promoted like Varela and Wilson when he says 'seven new players'. I'm all for signings and I think we should have concluded five transfer by September, but nine new signings could seriously destabilize the squad.

SolidState

You don't even know how ITK he is
If Yorke is right it makes alot of sense but dont expect us to hit top level untill Jan. As weve seen with Spurs players need time to bed and sometimes there are too many superstars you have no idea where to look in terms of improvements. Say we do get Vidal and just for arguments sake add Carvalho too, how do you play them? all three? it would be an insane midfield but also they would need to learn each others games. Most likely it will have a knock on effect such as Vidal adapting first to his role but it turns out he works best with Herrera but Herrera doesnt work well with Carrick/Carvalho because they need to understand what each other are doing off of Vidal.

I could see us going in for Vidal, Alexis/Robben/James, Carvalho/Khedira, Hummels and possibly Vermearlen to add to Herrera and Shaw.

mata10

Source please?

Anduin

He was really shite at Cardiff whenever I've seen him play, totally out of depth at this level. Cardiff were destined to go down though, so probably not the best indication. I admit I often forget he's on our books.

Status
Not open for further replies.