Twitter Discussion [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
With Sanchez on his right and Januzaj on his left, he would be lethal but why spend 56m on him when we could sign the two top cm that we need for 75m

Minimalist

Unless Rooney's getting sold I have no idea why we would even consider him. He's not better than Van Persie regardless.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
As much as I said I'd be pleased if the window closed and we'd secured Shaw, Schweinsteiger and Sanchez. I do have to agree with @peanuthead that I'd still worry about the likes of City (and Chelsea now) tearing through our midfield. No doubt he'd help against the rest of the league though.

Would Schweinsteiger alone be enough to really bridge that gap in the biggest games? It would really come down to Van Gaal's system. And I guess having Sanchez (if it was to happen) on the wing would detract from the midfield still not being quite there.

Anyway, I rarely make serious predictions. But the last times I did, I predicted Chelsea would get win at Anfield (before the game) and Chelsea would score a second (when Liverpool were bombarding Chelsea's goal at 0-1).
So I'm calling Sanchez to United this summer. I really have a feeling about this one. Enjoy guys! :p

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
And here I was thinking the Cavani rumours died off.

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Why would an italian newspaper know that an English club have bid for a Uruguayan playing for a French club? Slow news day.

I know he played in Italy, but doesn't mean they'd have any knowledge of a bid before French or English sources.

Last edited:

JPRouve

Scout
Why would an italian newspaper know that an English club have bid for a Uruguayan playing for a French club? Slow news day.

I know he played in Italy, but doesn't mean they'd have any knowledge of a bid before French or English sources.
They know everything about PSG and Leonardo is still very influencial and based in Milan.

walkinhop

What is the chance that we are all stupid and don't know jack about football and the Cavani signing would be the best even without any new CMs?

JPRouve

Scout
What is the chance that we are all stupid and don't know jack about football and the Cavani signing would be the best even without any new CMs?
Cavani would be a great signing, and dare i say he'd be a better stricker than RVP for us, but we really need to balance our team with a proper midfield.
We don't need a CB or a winger that badly but at least one very good midfielder.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
With Van Gaals style of play, we would be stupid to not even try to sign Sanchez.

Our wingers have been very poor, and to be honest, a 433 normally requires the wingers to want to cut inside a lot. Something Valencia doesn't really do.
I'd actually like to see Nani given a chance in this formation.

As for Cavani, I really don't get it. He is the least player we need. Sure he would improve us, a lot, but we don't need him, especially at that price

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
Can't people adequately sift through what's nonsense and what isn't from the tweets people put on this forum.

I thought that was the job of the moderators? If they don't like what they see, they can simply delete. They have generally a better handle on what is going on, than the rest of us. (Apologies to those non-mods that live for the Caf, run up enormous post counts with :lol: and don't have much else going on) :D

walkinhop

Cavani would be a great signing, and dare i say he'd be a better stricker than RVP for us, but we really need to balance our team with a proper midfield.
We don't need a CB or a winger that badly but at least one very good midfielder.
Yeah, i was trying to make a joke about having only Cavani as a signing and nobody else.

Stretch

---------Cavani-------RvP---------
---Januzaj-----Rooney------Sanchez
-------Mata-----------Kagawa----
---Shaw---Hummels--Evans---Rafael
------------DDG------------------

surely it's for LvGs new gung ho formation?

:drool:

white text

walkinhop

white text
is this serious?

Kostur

海尔的老板

white text
Did Ferguson just buy us whole FA that we're playing with 12 players ?:drool:
yea I've seen it

Johan77

white text

Isn't it illegal to play with 12 players :)

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I don't think it's Cavani or a CM as I do think we have plenty to spend this summer, it's more that we haven't got room for him and where will he play?

walkinhop

This is the thing though. From what i have heard, he doesnt like playing on wing and even if Chicha was to leave, we still have enough strikers. Either this roumour is completely bul*** or Chicha AND Rooney are going. More likely its just empty speculation.

Jev

If Woody really is chasing after Cavani and is willing to pay that much, I fear for our future with such a clueless CEO.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
This Cavani story has to be the biggest load of nonsense of the summer thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.