Twitter Discussion [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varun

Staff
Kroos with Di Maria and Modric in midfield, Ronaldo Benzema Bale up front. Against tougher opposition they would probably play Alonso instead of one of them, but this should do against 80% of the teams in la liga.
Naah, dont agree with that. Both need a defensively strong CM alonside them to flourish. Anyways, not the thread for this. Quote me in the Kroos one if you like.

Browniee

If Kroos joined Real then he'd be lost in the wilderness of ex Real Madrid players I.e Van der Vaart, Sneidjer et al. They are stacked in midfield, he'd be a superstar with us

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Kroos with Di Maria and Modric in midfield, Ronaldo Benzema Bale up front. Against tougher opposition they would probably play Alonso instead of one of them, but this should do against 80% of the teams in la liga.
The problem with that is, there is no backup to defence. I know they would be a better outfit going forward, but you still need a solid defensive midfielder playing that

Roux

Its too late for Schweinsteiger, that ship has sailed, plus he had his chance a few years ago.
It's never too late for a player of that quality - especially given what we have as midfield options currently. He is still a big time player.

Minimalist

Its too late for Schweinsteiger, that ship has sailed, plus he had his chance a few years ago.
Hell no, our current midfield pool consists of Carrick, Fellaini, Fletcher and Cleverley. I'd take a 35 year old Pirlo if he was available.

A1X

Not having followed Spanish football particularly, has Carlos Vela suddenly transformed himself? Only he was shockingly awful when he was at Arsenal before.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Not having followed Spanish football particularly, has Carlos Vela suddenly transformed himself? Only he was shockingly awful when he was at Arsenal before.
He's been really good this season. £3.5 million seems dirt cheap. I'd argue that he's already better than Giroud and Sanogo.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
RE Vela, Word is Soceidad didn't want him permanently, hence the option to Arsenal became available, can anyone confirm that? Surely it was the player wanting out?

Genius Me!

Proud EE fan, 10k club member & NSFW crew member
I think this guy is on the banned list....

Clas Sified

Mancini at Southampton maybe?
Two bad things about that.

1) He'd destroy Southampton like he did Galatasaray. I mean he couldn't even win the Turkish league with Gala!
2) There's no way in hell he'd sell us Shaw. The man hates us I say.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies

1) He'd destroy Southampton like he did Galatasaray. I mean he couldn't even win the Turkish league with Gala!
He also won the Premier League not so long ago so he is proven in this league, even if he did have a ton of cash and mercenaries to do it. That would be a huge pull to a club like Saints.

El-Manos

Going by some fairly reliable reports, everything is in place for this to be completed with the exception of a medical. Lallana and Shaw will leave, they might try to keep Lovren alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.