Twitter Discussion [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

binary bot
I reckon Jackson is a lot less ITK than Taylor/Ogden. He seems to talk in possibilities instead of certainties in most of his articles. Similar article to the Konoplyanka and Shaw pieces. 'LvG is considering'...making it easy to dismiss when nothing happens.

Browniee

Even if he was available, would of been mond boggling if went after Muller when our teams has much bigger priorities

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21

Might mean Shaw is somewhat closer.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Kroos can't play that deep, imo.
And a midfield of;
Alonso
Modric - Kroos - isn't dynamic enough. Not to mention they already have Di Maria who is now rejuvenated in that midfield role. It just wouldn't be wise on Kroos' behalf - solely for footballing intentions - to become another name at Madrid. He should just stay at Bayern. But money talks, I guess...

Firstouch20

So thats Kroos gone now after apparently having a "deal in place", only to be turned down by Van Gaal. We're just destined to have a piss poor midfield. Reckon Veron put a gypsy curse on our midfield after his unfortunate spell here. Probably got Tevez to steal a strain of Fergies hair, the cnut.

RedStarUnited

Kross would be superb in Madrid in my oppinion.
They would have to re work the team to fit him in, thats the worry.

Isco and Illaramendi never kicked on did they? Most were tipping them to be in Brazil right now. Well Isco more ao than Asier.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
So thats Kroos gone now after apparently having a "deal in place", only to be turned down by Van Gaal. We're just destined to have a piss poor midfield. Reckon Veron put a gypsy curse on our midfield after his unfortunate spell here. Probably got Tevez to steal a strain of Fergies hair, the cnut.
Ironically had Moyes not been sacked who knows who we may have already wrapped up by now....

Fergie's Man

Suffers Snails fetish
:D This made me giggle.

I think the only curse we currently have is an inept CEO. Until he proves otherwise, we have the Curse of Summer 2013 lurking around with big goggle eyes.

C'est Moi Cantona

I reckon Jackson is a lot less ITK than Taylor/Ogden. He seems to talk in possibilities instead of certainties in most of his articles. Similar article to the Konoplyanka and Shaw pieces. 'LvG is considering'...making it easy to dismiss when nothing happens.
Ahh they no nothing, not now that LvG has taped up Woodwards big mouth, sure we'll know nothing until the player has actually signed from now on.

Speak

Step up to my misogyny soapbox
Those were the days.

Of all the rumoured targets, he's the one I can actually really see us signing. It would just be like us to not buy a midfielder yet again (or not buy a 'top' one) and spend big on a winger.

Though it may well end up with Sanchez, Schweinsteiger and Shaw - Which wouldn't be too shabby at all.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Ironically had Moyes not been sacked who knows who we may have already wrapped up by now....
I was certain this summer was set to be spectacular if Moyes were still here. The fool should have put all these plans in motion last summer to be honest. Sadly turned out that he didn't have the one year he would have liked to settle first. All he had to do was get us to 4th and he would have got himself a second term.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Kroos can't play that deep, imo.
And a midfield of;
Alonso
Modric - Kroos - isn't dynamic enough. Not to mention they already have Di Maria who is now rejuvenated in that midfield role. It just wouldn't be wise on Kroos' behalf - solely for footballing intentions - to become another name at Madrid. He should just stay at Bayern. But money talks, I guess...
Yeah, I don't think it makes much sense with Di Maria doing well in that role, plus they've got Isco too who despite having not a great first season played a fair bit at the end of the season.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
He could buy 10 quality players and still stick to his shit on a stick approach to football. The upgrade to LvG is much more significant even if we do minimal business this season.

DWelbz19

Yeah, I don't think it makes much sense with Di Maria doing well in that role, plus they've got Isco too who despite having not a great first season played a fair bit at the end of the season.
Oh, aye. And Khedira, and even Illaramendi. They're just crammed with midfielders, rubbing our noses in it.

C'est Moi Cantona

I was certain this summer was set to be spectacular if Moyes were still here. The fool should have put all these plans in motion last summer to be honest. Sadly turned out that he didn't have the one year he would have liked to settle first. All he had to do was get us to 4th and he would have got himself a second term.
Yep and the fact he couldn't do that makes me think signing these top players would have been even harder with him still here, i'd put alot of money on the fact we wouldn't have signed anyone yet if he had still been the manager.

By all accounts Shaw is one of those deals that was in place, Kroos the other, Shaw is still in motion and wouldn't have been any further on under Moyes IMO, and Kroos has been 'rejected' by LvG, I find it hard to believe, more likely Bayern have said you aren't going, or Madrid have come in and he fancies it more, same scenario under Moyes, LvG will get things sorted after the WC, and we'll end up in way better position by September 1st, than if Moyes was still here.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
All this talk of Moyes having these big transfers lined up is bullshit. He might have talke to agents and had discussions but that's a massive difference to actually signing them. Without champions league football and a shit reputation to boot.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Oh, aye. And Khedira, and even Illaramendi. They're just crammed with midfielders, rubbing our noses in it.
Khedira is a good candidate if he recaptures his form after such a lay off but Ancelotti seemed to have little to no faith in Illaramendi and Casemiro so its not inconceivable that he might go in for Kroos. Kroos likely doesn't make a great partner to Modric though and a lot of Bayern fans have reservations to his defensive ability to play in a double pivot like Madrid's 4-2-3-1.

DWelbz19

All this talk of Moyes having these big transfers lined up is bullshit. He might have talke to agents and had discussions but that's a massive difference to actually signing them. Without champions league football and a shit reputation to boot.
I agree. It's one thing to be chasing, or even claiming to chase targets, it's another to actually materialise them.

Jev

I think you're confusing him with James Ducker, no? both reliable anyway.
No, some days ago in the space of a few hours, Jackson debunked our alleged interest in first Kroos and then Cesc, earning him the reputation of the muppet killer.

El-Manos

No, some days ago in the space of a few hours, Jackson debunked our alleged interest in first Kroos and then Cesc, earning him the reputation of the muppet killer.
I'd say i'm the one who got the 2 mixed up, apologies:lol:

mata10

I think bastian will leave, he may be a united player soon.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
They would have to re work the team to fit him in, thats the worry.
Isco and Illaramendi never kicked on did they? Most were tipping them to be in Brazil right now. Well Isco more ao than Asier.
I agree, but with Alonso ageing I think this will happen anyway. Illaramendi is nowhere near being a starter in Xabi’s role. Midfield trio of Kross, Modric and Di Maria would be great. Add Khedira to that and you have fantastic mix.
I rate Isco highly, it’s bad luck that Real switched to 4-3-3 and he rarely plays in his favoured position. Still a very good option to have. I’m not sure about Illara (seems a bit like Cleverley, not imposing himself on the game), but he still has time. I think it was too early for him to move to Madrid though.

Anyway, I think Kross will be a great business for RM, but first they should focus on Suarez.

Varun

Staff
I agree, but with Alonso ageing I think this will happen anyway. Illaramendi is nowhere near being a starter in Xabi’s role. Midfield trio of Kross, Modric and Di Maria would be great. Add Khedira to that and you have fantastic mix.
I rate Isco highly, it’s bad luck that Real switched to 4-3-3 and he rarely plays in his favoured position. Still a very good option to have. I’m not sure about Illara (seems a bit like Cleverley, not imposing himself on the game), but he still has time. I think it was too early for him to move to Madrid though.

Anyway, I think Kross will be a great business for RM, but first they should focus on Suarez.
If they sign Kroos, how do you think they'l line up without dropping either of Modric or Di Maria? Ronaldo moved upfront?

Borys

Statistics Wizard
If they sign Kroos, how do you think they'l line up without dropping either of Modric or Di Maria? Ronaldo moved upfront?
Kroos with Di Maria and Modric in midfield, Ronaldo Benzema Bale up front. Against tougher opposition they would probably play Alonso instead of one of them, but this should do against 80% of the teams in la liga.

Status
Not open for further replies.