Twitter Discussion [Archive]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FromTheBench

What's it say?
It said Vidal is open to join United and they have taken his quotes as a come and get me plea. Juventus don't wanna sell and won't be easy they say but can be tempted with a 50 million euro offer.

Well, that's the round up i read basically.

Ekeke

Don't forget that he has been banned for 10 games
So in other words, he lost his place due to that sending off and ban. Not because Chelsea signed him

There were 12 matches after he was sent off and before his signing, he was banned for 10 and simply didnt start the last 2. He came off the bench in 1

NMF

If that was true, we wouldn't be pissing about for days on end with Vidal, Di Maria and Hummels etc.
Vidal is on holidays most players prefer to make decisions when they return same can be said about Hummels and Di Maria.

FromTheBench

If that was true, we wouldn't be pissing about for days on end with Vidal, Di Maria and Hummels etc.
I don't think it is true.

But even if we can spend money, we won't throw it around like crazy and deals take time plus the WC was there. Suarez to Barca or Bale to Madrid even.

Santos J

Perrin played 34 games all from the start all at CB. Sall made 31 starts with 1 sub appearance. 2 of their 4 most played players, and they only played at CB

Zouma started the season with starts in 9 out of 11 matches but was sent off in the 12th game against Sochaux in November. After that he didn't get another game before the end of the year. He didn't play in Jan, at the end of which his Chelsea move was announced.

He's a good young player who started the season in the team and was then dropped after his red card and the other 2 CBs outperformed him. He couldnt get back in
Aye he was out for 10 games because of his ban. He featured as soon as he came back in January against Lille but didn't after for however long as he was dropped from the squad for the Bordeaux game because of the Chelsea speculation and the move was official pretty soon after.

Ekeke

Aye he was out for 10 games because of his ban. Then featured as soon as he came back in January against Lille but didn't again after as he was dropped from the squad for the Bordeaux game because of the Chelsea speculation and the move was official pretty soon after.
He could have started 2 games between the bans end and the transfer confirmation. He came on as a sub once.

The CB pairing that was formed in his absence outperformed him

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So in other words, he lost his place due to that sending off and ban. Not because Chelsea signed him

There were 12 matches after he was sent off and before his signing, he was banned for 10 and simply didnt start the last 2. He came off the bench in 1
Off course he didn't play after the ban, the defense was good, there was no point in changing the defense.

Seb22

Look at how it worked out for both Hazard and Moura.

Chelski no domestic title and lost CL title.
Moura not really setting the world on fire.

Would have been interesting how they would have done at United.
Still won a European Cup in his 1st season. Hardly a failure.

Werder Herzog

Amoyal is a up and coming Journo who translates Di Marzio articles to English.
How long before he is working for Sporting Witness? And why is Di Marzio so great? It's a disgrace that people like Rylan off the X Factor get abused but Di Marzio and Amoyal are held in such high regard.

RetroStu

Vidal is on holidays most players prefer to make decisions when they return same can be said about Hummels and Di Maria.
You know Utd's interest won't be out of the blue, Vidal, Di Maria etc will of knows about our interest for ages, as well as their agents. I'm sure all the players will know if they want to join or not and what wages they want etc, the agents will already know and the agents will be sorting it.
Its more chance of us pissing about as we do every time we are in for top, top players (players from abroad anyway).

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Tancredi saying that has made me pessimistic about this Vidal deal.

finneh

Great deal alright, but will the club see any of that kind of dosh invested though?

These big deals mean feck all to me, because it only helps to pay the Glazers. I'm not on the anti-Glazer bandwagon either, but we're not exactly big hitters in the transfer market - even though we bring in more revenue than any club.

There's plenty of dosh left over after financing the interest payments too!
The thing that gives me comfort now is that we can spend big in the event of a season like last. The worry 5-6 years ago was always that if Fergie left or we just had a terrible season we didn't have the budget to go out and spend £100m net in one Summer to get us competing again. It could have easily been a downward spiral (in my opinion), where we couldn't spend big as we didn't have the Champions League income coming in and because we couldn't spend big we couldn't get back into the Champions League.

Nowadays Champions League or otherwise we can spend big in order to compete. Obviously the perfect scenario for the Glazer's would be 2nd-4th (no bonuses) every season and a manager that promoted youth and rarely spent big. We would still be attractive commercially and would still have CL revenue coming through, whilst not spending a lot - allowing them huge dividends. However nowadays you can't guarantee 4th on a shoestring budget, as Arsenal are finding out and because our business model requires CL Football I can see a budget of £50-60m a season comfortably (with cash in the bank if the right player became available).

With our current owners we will never be a Real Madrid, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. However I think we are finally at a point where we will be able to blow other Premier League clubs (Chelsea/City included) out of the water, particularly in terms of salaries. If we stick to our current M.O. of 50% wages-turnover I predict a £250-260m wage bill in 2-3 years. Last year it was £180m so in real world terms that would allow us to sign around 7 extra player's on 200k a week.

To put it simply: our financial inertia will allow us to comfortably compete for top player's, if we want to.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
How long before he is working for Sporting Witness? And why is Di Marzio so great? It's a disgrace that people like Rylan off the X Factor get abused but Di Marzio and Amoyal are held in such high regard.
Di Marzio is one of the most respected Journalists in Europe for football news

Werder Herzog

Di Marzio is one of the most respected Journalists in Europe for football news
If he was called Bob Carolgees he wouldnt be. You young football hipsters just love these fancy foreign journalists . I don't believe anything unless Bob Cass tweets it.

I'm only pulling your'e leg mate

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
Highly doubt we'll spend 200M. 150 at most
When you think about the players we're linked with, there's not too many we could buy with £140m. Prices have gone through the roof.

A CB, a CM, a Winger, a back-up LB & maybe a right back also, are a must though, but its gonna cost us a shitload...

Hummels - £40m bracket now.

Mangala - £35m+.

De Vrij - £10m+.

Vlar - £10m+.

Rodriguez (LB) - £20m.

Blind - £10m+.

Vidal - £40m+.

Di Maria - £40m+.

Reus - £40m+.

Carvalho - £37m.

Kuyt - £100m ;)

MJJ

It allows you to get a better deal in the short term, but sometimes can come back to bite you towards the end of the deal.

An example is our Nike deal in 2002 that initially was an incredible deal that blew everyone else out of the water (similar to this Adidas one). Back then we would never have been able to get that amount had we not signed up for 13 years. However because of the boom in commercial revenues for the last 5-6 years £35-38m ended up being lower than we could have gotten if we were not tied into a long term contract, as evidenced by this contract being over 80% larger!

I suspect the club have gotten it right with Adidas. I think the market has probably reached saturation point in terms of what kit manufacturers will pay clubs (hence Nike stepping aside). Put it this way: I very much doubt in 10 years we'll be negotiating for another 75+% increase!
That is true, would be completely crazy otherwise.

Not that its not reaching that point already, 80m + fees for bale and ronaldo.

Status
Not open for further replies.