Twitter Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev1l

Anyone can be Tom McDermott, just see what the latest news is and then just invent something vaguely plausible to go with it.

Something like

"van Gaal to United 99% agreed, just issue of terms and start date, United want him in place before he goes to WC #mufc"

...which is completely made up but quite plausible in any event. That's all he does.
just another indykaila or what's his name.

Plugsy

just another indykaila or what's his name.
Yep but with a pic that looks vaguely plausible. My favourites are 'Agents' who have pictures of a headless guy in a suit or a briefcase or something.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Mourinho loves Mata, has great respect for him but couldn't work him into the best side he had available at Chelsea. What's to stop him having different plans at United, go after players that compliment and compensate for him and make him an integral cog at United?
You have to remember that the squad he has now were bought by other people, so Mata was just unlucky. I'd imagine he would use him for us.

MDFC Manager

You have to remember that the squad he has now were bought by other people, so Mata was just unlucky. I'd imagine he would use him for us.
I personally think he'd have preferred to keep Mata. Didn't he imply that the decision to sell Mata was taken by someone else? I remember reading something to that effect.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Should only be going for a striker of Cavani's quality if both Rooney and Van Persie are leaving, which is impossible. Won't believe these rumours.
Maybe LVG has said Rooney is playing in midfield if he likes it or not, although this rumour has been around for ages.

dev1l

Maybe LVG has said Rooney is playing in midfield if he likes it or not, although this rumour has been around for ages.
lvg likes 433 formation - i can see Rooney being one of the three up front (assuming lvg becomes the new coach)

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I actually think Cavani is a good player, maybe he was too much in Ibra's shadow, a lot would be. Do we need Cavani, not sure.
Definitely a good player, just in a position where we have abundant quality already. If he was a winger I'd understand more, but he reportedly wants to leave PSG due to being played there.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
If we are going for Cavani then one of RvP/Rooney is off. Makes no sense to be spending that amount of money on Cavani unless one is 100% leaving. We're going to have less games next year to provide players with minutes, thus there will be some upset players not getting enough game time. It's already a headache with 2 senior CFs and 2 that are close/should be in the lineup with Welbeck/Hernadez. The only way we'd be doing this is if we're returning to the 4-3-3 system we had when Tevez/Ronnie/Rooney were in the squad together. That might make sense given our winger options.

Ekeke

The Kolasinic tweet is interesting, but if we're scouting left backs in Germany how are we missing Rodriguez?

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
The Cavani talk is surely nonsense?
Looks like we're in the business of making 'Statement of intent/Look, we're a big club with tons of money!' signings rather than signings we actually need. More PR, less sense.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Looks like we're in the business of making 'Statement of intent/Look, we're a big club with tons of money!' signings rather than signings we actually need. More PR, less sense.
Or it could well be Cavani's agent drumming up interest, Utd seem's to be that club that player's use...

Ask Fabregas :angel:

stevoc

The Kolasinic tweet is interesting, but if we're scouting left backs in Germany how are we missing Rodriguez?
Kolasinic is probably being looked at as a back up to shaw if we sign him.

MkPaul

learnt from the best
Sky Sports News now for Mou's press conference (after ths break). Talking about being linked with United.

Skywarden

LVG is has to be, then. Unless Ancelotti suddenly remembers he has a United tattoo on his arse and his father is actually Sir Alex.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Mourinho was never coming here anyway, we already overlooked him once.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Did anybody actually believe Mourinho was a possibility? I'm glad it won't happen anyway.

I really believe there is a lot of "smoke screen" action going around in those last few days. No way we actually approached Mourinho and Cavani.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Kolasinac is probably being looked at as a back up to shaw if we sign him.
Definitely a much better player then Buttner, and his versatility could come in hand (can play center back and defensive mid, sort of like a left footed Jones I guess). Primarily a left back though. Physically a beast and definitely more made for the premier league. He'll start in the world cup so we'll see how he fares in that high pressure situation. He does already start for Schalke always so he's not as inexperienced as one would think for a 20 year old.

lysglimt

Scout
"Now playing" - not often Rio gets to use that expression these days

Kag

I think people are giving Rio's intellectual wit a bit too much credit on this one. He posts shit like this all the time.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I love the way people actually think Rio is having loads of digs at Moyes.
He's just posting the sort of sh!T music he always does!

Status
Not open for further replies.