Twitter Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
:lol: Fair play. Atleast he's learning from his mistakes..

RedBistro

Oh sweet Jesus! The punishment for breaching regulations which were introduced to curb excessive spending is a fine?! You couldn't make it up!
Yep! Utterly stupid.

Just like if a football club goes into administration the first thing they do is take away points, putting the club into a potentially worse financial situation. Never understood that to be honest.

Member 39557

Excellent. You're throwing all your money around with gay abandon. Please give us some lovely money as a punishment!

cj_sparky

Yep! Utterly stupid.

Just like if a football club goes into administration the first thing they do is take away points, putting the club into a potentially worse financial situation. Never understood that to be honest.
It similar to the reports surrounding QPR and that due to their loses of £65m are facing a fine of £50m. How can a club who lost £65m possibly find £50m for the fine, especially if they remain in the championship next season.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
It's UEFA's tax. They were watching all the oil money come into the game and weren't getting their cut. Now they have their slice everyone is happy.

Out of interest what sort of organisation is UEFA? Who owns it?

Americano

Make America Great Again!
Whatever be his shortcomings/failures in the United job, it is indisputable that Moyes is a classy man.
I would dispute that. David Moyes knows how to project the image of a "humble, classy, noble" guy. For some reason the press have bought into that.

His words and actions say otherwise. A classy man would not have made the comments he did about Ferguson, the players, and the squad quality. A classy man would have taken the blame himself and worked to improve the problem.

RedBistro

It similar to the reports surrounding QPR and that due to their loses of £65m are facing a fine of £50m. How can a club who lost £65m possibly find £50m for the fine, especially if they remain in the championship next season.
:lol: Wow!

Spending beyond your means without a plan is just stupid. They deserve to get points docked.
I can understand that, but it's almost as if they think the best way to stop them from overspending, is to try and kill the club by making it worse for them.

Nowhere near as stupid as fining a club that overspends though.

RedBistro

Perhaps it's seen as more of a deterrent for other clubs.
Yeah there is obviously a reason why they do it, it's just something that I've always found strange and perhaps even unfair or backwards.

I don't know enough about it to comment on it with any real knowledge though, maybe something for me to look into.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Oh sweet Jesus! The punishment for breaching regulations which were introduced to curb excessive spending is a fine?! You couldn't make it up!
What I really would love to know is how much that fine is. The Arabs could probably pull a couple of million out of their back pockets (literally) to pay it, it's nothing to them.

RedBistro

Surely Jan knows how to spell Toni's name after tweeting about him several thousand times?
He has just corrected his errors. That tweet may get deleted so here it is again, and another:

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Is he reliable, then? Well as far as twitter sources go.

RedBistro

Whatever that Tweet was it's been deleted.
He put Tony instead of Toni, retweeted the correct spelling and removed the other 2.

By the way, have we got any people in the mains who can't see tweets?

Used to get it a lot in the newbs and I would post a tweet along with a copy/paste of the text so people who couldn't see the embed could also view what was said, and people who could see tweets got the sexier embeds.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Strootman and Kroos would improve our midfield by an immeasurable amount.
Hopefully we could squeeze Carvalho there or at least as a plan B.

If this tweet is a real deal than it's a choice in vein of Van Gaal maybe even confirmation of his arrival.

Brophs

The One and Only
So last summer a lot of the media said we had a deal done with Strootman and pulled back from it. We'll probably have to add another £10-15m on top of the fee now.

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
What does it say.. Can't see the tweet. :confused:

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
He put Tony instead of Toni, retweeted the correct spelling and removed the other 2.

By the way, have we got any people in the mains who can't see tweets?

Used to get it a lot in the newbs and I would post a tweet along with a copy/paste of the text so people who couldn't see the embed could also view what was said, and people who could see tweets got the sexier embeds.
Yeah just saw your above post :)

Yeah I think there are some people who can't see Tweets, every now and then I see people asking someone to tell them what it says.

EDIT: ^ Like that :lol:

J-Stander

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
When is Strootman back from his injury? Spending big money on someone with a knee injury is always a risk, but I guess Van Gaal will be getting information off the doctors.

Bojan11

Isn't Strootman fit in October?

He'd need time to get fit and then adjust to the league.

RedBistro

@Olly :lol:

@invictus they say:

Dutch insider: Sir Alex Ferguson talking to Toni Kroos'agent. (Not the one next to him last game) #MUFC

Dutch insider: Main- targets for van Gaal: Kevin Strootman, Roma and Toni Kroos, Bayern Munich. #MUFC

I'll start doing the double tweet posting here too then I guess.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If we are going for Strootman I'd imagine the interest in Carvalho must have faded with Moyes. It'd be lovely to get all three though...

Out:

Fellaini £12m-15m
Cleverley £12m-£15m
Anderson £Free - £3m

Next season's midfield choices:

Kroos
Strootman
Carvalho
Carrick
Fletcher

Perfect balance of everything I would say.

Invictus

Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
@Olly :lol:

@invictus they say:

Dutch insider: Sir Alex Ferguson talking to Toni Kroos'agent. (Not the one next to him last game) #MUFC

Dutch insider: Main- targets for van Gaal: Kevin Strootman, Roma and Toni Kroos, Bayern Munich. #MUFC

I'll start doing the double tweet posting here too then I guess.
Thanks dude. :)

So basically Jan is shooting arrows in the dark as always. :lol:

Next season's midfield choices:

Kroos
Strootman
Carvalho
Carrick
Fletcher

Perfect balance of everything I would say.
:drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.