Twitter Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
I would say a lot of it had to do with Utd's previous with Alex Feeguson and the manipulation of the fans when Moyes was appointed. Utd also made a big show of how different they were so to back down even sooner than they have would suggest even more weakness than we are currently.
Fecking hell! This shite about the matchgoing fans having been "brainwashed" again! :lol:

Jev

Why do you think he wasn't hounded out sooner at United? Something to do with the types of fans he had supporting him I'd guess.
Is that a good thing, though? I wonder where we'd be by now if he had been sacked in January.

And yes, poorly worded message from him.

acnumber9

Fecking hell! This shite about the matchgoing fans having been "brainwashed" again! :lol:
Manipulated into faux support. The singing of his name was bravado and the support was definitely influenced by Fergie. I don't think many match going fans thought he was the man for the job.

United22

Basically the real fans are the 0.1% of the fanbase that actually had faith in him in the end, not all the fans at OT that were cheering the team through thick and thin. He probably doesn't realize the difference between cheering for the team and cheering in support of him.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Manipulated into faux support. The singing of his name was bravado and the support was definitely influenced by Fergie. I don't think many match going fans thought he was the man for the job.
Ah, the "deluded sheep" stuff again. The way the matchgoing fans have been pissed on in this forum has been disgusting.

Dante

Average bang
What types of fans do the other clubs who would have hounded him out sooner have?
Ones who weren't willing to give him support. Which is where semantics comes into the equation... real fans support an ailing manager through thick and thin as long as he's sitting in the dugout. You leave the hiring and firing to the board so that the negativity doesn't reach the pitch.

That plane had no bearing on the decision to sack Moyes, but it did show a lack of support. If the Glazers cared about the the whims of the fans, they'd have fecked off back to America years ago.

Jev

Something's not right with people who sing the praises of a man who has transformed their team from champions to mid-table. I'm not saying you should boo but to actually sing his name when everyone knew he was the wrong one is a weird way of trying to be loyal. That has nothing to do with wanting what's best for the club and everything to do with trying to come off as a better fan. It's pure ego.

acnumber9

Ah, the "deluded sheep" stuff again. The way the matchgoing fans have been pissed on in this forum has been disgusting.
I don't think they were deluded. I think the public face they were putting on was bravado. Have you actually been reading it or did you just want to get something off your chest about sheep?

acnumber9

Ones who weren't willing to give him support. Which is where semantics comes into the equation... real fans support an ailing manager through thick and thin as long as he's sitting in the dugout. You leave the hiring and firing to the board so that the negativity doesn't reach the pitch.

That plane had no bearing on the decision to sack Moyes, but it did show a lack of support. If the Glazers cared about the the whims of the fans, they'd have fecked off back to America years ago.
Real fans support the club. Not an individual.

Dante

Average bang
Real fans support the club. Not an individual.
But a club is made up of individuals. It's why we chant players' (and managers') names. Showing antipathy for one individual within that collective weakens the overall support of a club.

acnumber9

But a club is made up of individuals. It's why we chant players' (and managers') names. Showing antipathy for one individual within that collective weakens the overall support of a club.
It is but when one of those individuals is ruining the clubs chances then even 'real' fans lose patience.

stevoc

That wasn't my point mate, Uniteds regular match goers have been brilliant this season in not openly turning on Moyes, but that was probably down to a mixture of Fergies speech, not wanting to appear 'plastic', and the luxury of coming off 20+ years of pretty much constant success.

Most other teams fans don't have those factors stopping them from openly calling for a failing managers head.

My question had nothing to do with the plane banner mate, i didn't agree with that myself.

datura

Something's not right with people who sing the praises of a man who has transformed their team from champions to mid-table. I'm not saying you should boo but to actually sing his name when everyone knew he was the wrong one is a weird way of trying to be loyal. That has nothing to do with wanting what's best for the club and everything to do with trying to come off as a better fan. It's pure ego.
Lol what a load of bollocks. They/we weren't singing his praises, it was giving support to him, like we would any manager.

Dante

Average bang
It is but when one of those individuals is ruining the clubs chances then even 'real' fans lose patience.
The questions are "at what point is it acceptable to lose patience?" and perhaps more pertinently "is there any point losing patience when United is run by a board?".

To state the obvious, teams thrive on support. It's why you usually win more games at home than away. But when there are seeds of dissent in the crowd, that supports loses some of its effect. Moyes is simply referencing the fact that real fans don't fly a plane over Old Trafford with an anti-manager banner on it. It not only shows that there is unhappiness with Moyes himself, but it also lessens the faith that the players have in him.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
I'm looking forward to Moyes being forgotten about, this fans against each other stuff based on whether you supported him or not is really grating.

Jev

Lol what a load of bollocks. They/we weren't singing his praises, it was giving support to him, like we would any manager.
In some of his latter games, especially the one with the plane, some fans made a point of being more behind him than the team, as a sort of protest against the Moyes Out camp. It was completely irrational.

datura

In some of his latter games, especially the one with the plane, some fans made a point of being more behind him than the team, as a sort of protest against the Moyes Out camp. It was completely irrational.
How is it irrational? When you are there at the game you are there to support the team, not try and get rid of the manager.

Plugsy

He was on BeIN Sports earlier briefly discussing the van Gaal story and someone said about the players he could be looking to bring in and Keys said something along the lines of "but how when they've got no money?"

RedBistro

He was on BeIN Sports earlier briefly discussing the van Gaal story and someone said about the players he could be looking to bring in and Keys said something along the lines of "but how when they've got no money?"
Moyes better not have run off with the warchest.

Plugsy

Moyes better not have run off with the warchest.
I think he may have. He was pictured in Florida which is quite a pricey get-away and according to the Mail earlier had changed his age to 47. How much is cryogenic treatment these days?

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Richard Keys is a virus don't listen to anything this arsehole says.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Keys is too busy asking people if they're smashing it, and hanging out the back of it, to know much about football.

stevoc

Keys is a moron, i was watching bein sports a few weeks back, he said even if we had £200 million to spend that wouldn't go far in to days market, would only buy you 1 maybe 2 top players.

Ubik

Keys is a moron, i was watching bein sports a few weeks back, he said even if we had £200 million to spend that wouldn't go far in to days market, would only buy you 1 maybe 2 top players.
I saw Eamon Dunphy say the exact same thing a few days ago. Weird really.

stevoc

I saw Eamon Dunphy say the exact same thing a few days ago. Weird really.
Yeah i seen that myself hes another clown though.

When keys was talking about the £200m he was also factoring the wages of the player over a 5 year contract which is why he didn't think it would go that far. Andy Gray had to explain that you don't have to pay the wages all in one go, and that the transfer budget is just for the fees you pay other clubs.

And to think this is a man who has worked in football for 25 years and yet doesn't understand how transfers work.

Ubik

Yeah i seen that myself hes another clown though.

When keys was talking about the £200m he was also factoring the wages of the player over a 5 year contract which is why he didn't think it would go that far. Andy Gray had to explain that you don't have to pay the wages all in one go, and that the transfer budget is just for the fees you pay other clubs.

And to think this is a man who has worked in football for 25 years and yet doesn't understand how transfers work.
Imagine Andy Gray patronisingly explaining something to you. I'd just end it there and then, to be honest.

stevoc

Imagine Andy Gray patronisingly explaining something to you. I'd just end it there and then, to be honest.
Haha same here it was one of the saddest things ive ever seen, had to explain it to him like you would a child.

savais

Keys is a huge ABU...for the norwich penalty...he didnt think there was any contact and insinuated welbeck dived.

Then at full time, he sid lets not get carried away...its only norwich

Status
Not open for further replies.