Twitter Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dev1l

I believe both Strootman and Thiago were as good as done deals only for Moyes to pull the plug on both. We know this is the case for a fact when it comes to Thiago.

The man was a fecking idiot.
you are free to believe what you want :)

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/32

Fellaini's successful pass ratio for the season is 88.1%. Cleverley actually is up near the top with 89.6% Incidentally both are near the top of the list. Juan Mata who you would consider our best passer is at 89.1% and Michael Carrick is only at 88.4%

So Fellaini is certainly capable of playing in a passing team

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
http://www.whoscored.com/Players/69956/Show/Tom-Cleverley

http://www.whoscored.com/Players/22738/Show/Marouane-Fellaini

Fellaini's successful pass ratio for the season is 87.6% only slightly less than Cleverley.
Incidentally both are near the top of the list. Juan Mata who you would consider our best passer is at 88.7% and Michael Carrick is only at 88.2%

Percentages don't represent the difficulty or effectiveness of the passes. Fellaini rarely tries a difficult pass so with that in mind his percentage is pretty poor.

FFS. This shit again.
:drool:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't understand why this apparent interest in Cavani is a thing. If there is one position that we don't need to strengthen at all, in any way. Makes no sense.

Infra-red

I don't understand why this apparent interest in Cavani is a thing. If there is one position that we don't need to strengthen at all, in any way. Makes no sense.
Ed is desperate to please and wants to sign a 'superstar', regardless of actual need.

acnumber9

http://www.whoscored.com/Teams/32

Fellaini's successful pass ratio for the season is 88.1%. Cleverley actually is up near the top with 89.6% Incidentally both are near the top of the list. Juan Mata who you would consider our best passer is at 89.1% and Michael Carrick is only at 88.4%

Depends on whether you want him to pass forward or not.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Percentages don't represent the difficulty or effectiveness of the passes. Fellaini rarely tries a difficult pass so with that in mind his percentage is pretty poor.

:drool:
Ah dont be talking bollocks now. You are just nit picking. You saying Cleverley has sent in a heap of through balls this year? Even Carrick hasnt made an assist this year. Its all relative to the tactics and coaching. Even while supposedly being shite and playing in a poorly coached team he still has a strong pass rating.

Last edited:

saivet

Why can't the guy just split his tweet into two and just write in proper English?

CantonaGiggs1

FCB willing to listen to offers for Cesc. He's willing to be attracted away from Camp Nou. But that's a LONG way from saying he will be sold

FIXED. 140 characters.
Barcelona is willing to listen to offers for Cesc, but they will still tell Man United to feck off.

92 characters.

Bader

"@LaurensJulien: My @ESPNFC Ligue 1 column this week on Edinson Cavani's future http://t.co/jMtdkaEQgm #PSG #Ligue1"

Says Man utd contacted Cavani's agent and brother. Weird. Reliable tweet.

Why the hell do we need a 28 years old striker that will cost £40m, out of form and in a position in which we 4 strikers in! Crazy! This has Moyes written all over. He wanted a target man and diesn't know how to get the most out of technical players in Rvp and Rooney. Not to mention we would have 3 strikers all 28+ years old.

Absurd!

Last edited:

RedBistro

In 2016, Cavani will be 29, which is still quite young for a striker. But why would he wait? Since January, his agent, Pierpaolo Triuzi, has been talking with Manchester United: “Edi” is clearlyone of their prioritiesfor next season. David Moyes wanted him, and there is no doubt that whoever comes in -- be it Louis van Gaal or someone else -- will want a top striker in his prime like Cavani. United know they will need a big cheque to lure him away from Paris.

PSG bought him for 64 million euros, and Manchester United will need to spend more than that to sign him. They have the money for it. They also know he is not happy in Paris and have been taking advantage of that in their negotiations. United have also met Walter, Cavani’s elder brother, who seems to be leading the talks now ahead of Triuzi.

Manchester United are not the only club interested in Cavani, though. Should Sergio Aguero ever leave Manchester City, they would revive the interest they had last summer as well. Real Madrid is an option too. The player loved his time in Italy, but no one there can afford him at the moment.

It should be said that PSG don’t want to sell Cavani. They have been quite insistent on this, on and off the record. He was the marquee signing of last summer and they see him as a key part of their plans for the future, whether it’s on the right or in the centre, i.e., with or without Ibrahimovic.

Lu Tze

We'd have to get rid of Van Persie and it'd piss Rooney off if we got Cavani. Still makes no sense. Unless we played a 3-5-2 or something, which obviously isn't happening.

Bader

Why the hell do we need a 28 years old to be striker that will cost £40m, out of form and in a position in which we 4 strikers in! Crazy! This has Moyes written all over. He wanted a target man and diesn't know how to get the most out of technical players in Rvp and Rooney. Not to mention we would have 3 strikers all 28+ years old.

Absurd!

Last edited:

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
Why the hell do we need a 29 years old striker that will cost £40m, out of form and in a position in which we 4 strikers in! Crazy! This has Moyes written all over. He wanted a target man and diesn't know how to get the most out of technical players in Rvp and Rooney. Not to mention we would have 3 strikers all 29+ years old.

Absurd!

He is 27 and he is one of the world's best forwards. Having said that, I agree that this area should be a low priority.

Nickosaur

Why the hell do we need a 29 years old striker that will cost £40m, out of form and in a position in which we 4 strikers in! Crazy! This has Moyes written all over. He wanted a target man and diesn't know how to get the most out of technical players in Rvp and Rooney. Not to mention we would have 3 strikers all 29+ years old.

Absurd!
27. Will be 28 in Feb.

edit/missed that Moyes bit...:lol: you what??

Bader

He is 27 and he is one of the world's best forwards. Having said that, I agree that this area should be a low priority.
My bad. But, he will be 28 years old by the time he plays for us.

We should be concentrating on other areas if the team.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Why the hell do we need a 28 years old to be striker that will cost £40m, out of form and in a position in which we 4 strikers in! Crazy! This has Moyes written all over. He wanted a target man and diesn't know how to get the most out of technical players in Rvp and Rooney. Not to mention we would have 3 strikers all 28+ years old.

Absurd!
A lot of this statement is wrong. He just turned 27 this year, would cost a lot more than £40 million, and in this case I'd imagine he would be bought to balance the selling of one or two of our current strikers. This isn't Moyes all over, this is Woodward all over who wants to bring in a huge name much like Madrid do each year, which may not be a bad thing necessarily, but it is when you don't need that player. Still, I would have Cavani in ahead of Rooney and RvP as our main man if he were to join in the end, I highly rate the striker. But I stress that is only if we buy him, which I don't see why we should unless half of our strikers do go.

Donut

I believe both Strootman and Thiago were as good as done deals only for Moyes to pull the plug on both. We know this is the case for a fact when it comes to Thiago.

The man was a fecking idiot.
Where did you get this? I think there were this kind of rumours for Matic, but not the other two.

bosnian_red

We have 2 strikers who are much better players and then welbeck too waiting to come in who has plenty of potential. He's not even one of the top 10 strikers in the world and it'd be a completely pointless signing. Lewandowski, ibrahimovic, Suarez, aguero, rvp, Rooney, falcao, Diego costa, benzema, messi, tevez are all better players overall and better strikers, arguably.

Bader

27. Will be 28 in Feb.

edit/missed that Moyes bit...:lol: you what??
Basically Moyes derived a transfer list to Woody which has Cavani as top priority according to reliable journalists. Also, contact was made with Cavani's agent since January.

So it Moyes's fault. Woody wi still go after him until the next manager says "no thanks".

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
We have 2 strikers who are much better players and then welbeck too waiting to come in who has plenty of potential. He's not even one of the top 10 strikers in the world and it'd be a completely pointless signing. Lewandowski, ibrahimovic, Suarez, aguero, rvp, Rooney, falcao, Diego costa, benzema, messi, tevez are all better players overall and better strikers, arguably.
But they aren't "much better strikers", are they? In fact over the last 4 years Cavani overall has been superior to them in stats, performances and consistency.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Basically Moyes derived a transfer list to Woody which has Cavani as top priority according to reliable journalists. Also, contact was made with Cavani's agent since January.

So it Moyes's fault. Woody wi still go after him until the next manager says "no thanks".
"reliable journalists". I can see a budding uber-muppet here.

bosnian_red

But they aren't "much better strikers", are they? In fact over the last 4 years Cavani overall has been superior to them in stats, performances and consistency.
Yeah the last 4 years he's scored more goals then some of them. The others bring far more to the overall game though. And he's only managed 22 goals in a PSG team that's walking that league. Okay you could say he's in the top 10 but in the lower end of that. He's a very good striker, but nowhere near the class of player that you have to go for if they become available. It would be as shit of a signing as fellaini was, except fellaini plays in a position where we needed to strengthen.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Yeah the last 4 years he's scored more goals then some of them. The others bring far more to the overall game though. And he's only managed 22 goals in a PSG team that's walking that league. Okay you could say he's in the top 10 but in the lower end of that. He's a very good striker, but nowhere near the class of player that you have to go for if they become available. It would be as shit of a signing as fellaini was, except fellaini plays in a position where we needed to strengthen.
See, it's statements like these where I find it hard to keep a debate going.

Status
Not open for further replies.