Tyler Blackett image 42

Tyler Blackett England flag

2015-16 Performances

View full 2015-16 profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Litch

Reminds me of Richards. No doubt at early age his speed and strength got him out of trouble which meant didn't have to use his brain. Still the same now but less effective at this level. Good squad player but nothing else for me.

ghagua

Got caught out a few times, was on halfway line a couple of times when opposition had the ball. Simply lacks any kind of positional sense when he is playing. Watched him when he was younger and he seemed really good. Makes stupid mistakes even in the reserves, that's why i was so surprised when Thorpe did not get a chance last year.

JoaquinJoaquin

He did ok but he is nowhere near the standard needed to play here. Fully expect him to be in the Championship within 2 years.

gooDevil

Worst scout ever
He's going to feature more this season.
I suspect otherwise, I'd think we'll have better luck with injuries this season, especially if we bring in someone like Otamendi and move out Evans. Blind won't be needed as much in midfield, and should be more likely to be available to back up Shaw.

Though it could certainly happen, especially if he can improve, but a player so wild and undisciplined rarely comes around after showing no sign of doing so for years.

LARulz

Send him on loan. I don't trust him yet to play in our already shaky defence

Rowem

gently, down the stream
Rojo will most likely be a bench player/backup next season so Blackett will find games very hard to come by. 4th choice left back, 6th choice centre back at best.

Obiorahking_

I'm not sure Blackett has a spot here for this sesson.
1st tier: Smalling/Jones and New CB
2nd tier: smalling/Jones and Rojo
3rd tier: Blackett
He needs a loan where he can get first team football.

datura

Reminds me of Richards. No doubt at early age his speed and strength got him out of trouble which meant didn't have to use his brain. Still the same now but less effective at this level. Good squad player but nothing else for me.
Tbh he has only ever looked promising at LB, at CB far too poor concentration and decision making. He's actually quite skilful and good vision as well as the physical attributes.

soap

Directionless weirdo who like booze and ganja
Don't think he'll play another competitive minute here. Loan and then sale.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Rojo will most likely be a bench player/backup next season so Blackett will find games very hard to come by. 4th choice left back, 6th choice centre back at best.
A loan would seem the best for him because as you say he will struggle for games here (unless there is a massive injury crisis... In which case we could recall him from loan anyway)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
With all the reports of him being an excellent trainer, working with our video analysts in his own time, being attentive to Van Gaals instructions ect ect you've got to wonder if he's being kept around as an example to other youth players that hard work will be rewarded.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Think that's a lazy comparison. Richards was far better when he broke through. And whoever said he's better than Evans can't be serious either.

Ferguson

He plays with fear. His favorite thing to do is to boot those long diagonal balls as far from his part of the pitch as possible.

He left Evans to put out fires behind him, yet he didn't get forward to combine with Pereira much.

I'm afraid he isn't good enough and never will be.

kundalini

yet he didn't get forward to combine with Pereira much.
The video evidence doesn't support your view. There are 3 instances of Blackett overlapping in Pereira's 5 mins highlights video. 1 min 26 secs, 1 min 58 secs, 2 mins 21 secs. Blackett with the ball attacking the edge of their box 3 mins 51 secs and a good combination move from Pereira and Blackett moving up the field 4 mins 33 secs. And that's just Pereira's highlights nevermind the whole 45 mins !

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
During pre season? How so?
So we have a young LB/CB who isn't good enough at LB or CB so we should throw him into CDM? What sense is there in that? We've already got 5/6 actual CDMs that are miles better than Blackett and not to mention the countless others that can and have played there on occasion.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I really rate him. I think it will be extremely difficult for him to get into the side but that doesn't mean he is shit. Would love to see him used throughout the season, I'm confident in his ability.

Loublaze

ATLien
Blackett > Jonny Soon to be sold trainwreck Evans

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.