Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

criticalanalysis

The official line is injured but I don't believe it. I think he is being disciplined after ignoring the ball and his teammates last week.
Nah I don't think ETH cares about that. We've had many bad games and performances i.e much worse that Malacia's last showing and the same players were in the starting line up the next game.

It was a really bad game but we will need him available. He's been inconsistent this year but I still think the last game is more of an outlier than the norm. He has his issues but defensively he's usually defensively sharp inside the box and aware. It was an uncharacteristic error from him.

sideshowbob

Think people are being super harsh on Malacia, £15m signing from the Dutch league who played in big wins over City and Barcelona not too long ago. Sounds like hes been nursing a little niggle so maybe that effected him on Thursday. Generally hes been defensively solid all season when called upon and is decent on the ball (except in the final third where he needs to improve).

lsd

The Oracle
He's like an over excited puppy.

Quality does dip a bit with him vs our other full backs...but that's too be expexted

Wasn't looking forward to his penalty to be honest but like an of Erik's signings his attitude is top class

Sylar

He's like an over excited puppy.

Quality does dip a bit with him vs our other full backs...but that's too be expexted
Over excited puppy, I get what you mean.

I think he's a good back up for the position because you would think at his age he can improve, given his price and of course attitude, he will be good for the squad.

Shame about his first leg f up v Sevilla. Tie changing mistake.

chris123

I'm not really sure what he does well. He's quite tenacious and good in the tackle, but his positioning is all over the place and he's not much of a threat going forward either.

Eric_the_Red99

Run out of patience with this guy. He cost us a vital goal against Sevilla and he did the same tonight. We need better backup for Shaw, because this guy simply isn’t it.

acnumber9

Shit defender. Shit going forward. Seems like a nice lad who tries hard but he’ll cost us if he has to play too many games. Just woeful positioning on that second goal.

Mmm-Qatarian

I'd seriously consider selling this guy if we get the right offer this summer (doubtful).

I've not seen anything at all that particularly impresses me. He's decent on the ball but his positioning is horrendously bad and he's not offering nearly enough going forward either.

criticalanalysis

Been absolutely dire last few cameos and games.

What's happened to him. He was really sharp and on it but now he's playing like he's got 50 games under his belt.

InfiniteBoredom

He’s simply not ready for this level.

A few okay performances early on and people lost their mind thinking he could displace Shaw, now it’s evident that as a defender he has still so much more to learn to be even adequate as a back up.

arnie_ni

Because he just does... Things.

There's no real rhyme or reason to it, sometimes it's good, sometimes it's bad, (and sometimes horrific)... But yeah, just things.
He should never ever ever be getting ahead of his man there when we don't have good possession. It was a long ball, just sit next to him. Instead he gets ahead of kane and can never get back goal side

Ekeke

Kane got in behind him for the cross and Son goal. Theres potential but on the balance of the entire season, after a good start he doesnt look like he's at a good backup level for LB. He either improves a lot next season or we need to get a new one

Bondi77

Not long ago posters were saying he reminded them of Evra.... it is definitely not football related as far as I am concerned.

Oranges038

He's been poor, no doubt about it.

But no worse than what we've seen from Dalot, or AWB over the years. Yet some people still think they are enough.

Needs more time, he'll learn from this season and get better.

DownRiver

Absolutely awful. This is on Ten Haag, he was never good enough for Man Utd. He has no redeeming quality. Out of all the LBs in the WORLD, this is the player we take a punt at?

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He's had very good games and some bad games. He's a low cost squad player at left back and has largely been positive, but he's also young. Not a big deal that his end of the season has been sloppy. Important to give him time...

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
My opinion is the same as when we bought him. He is not good enough for us.
In what exactly is he good enough?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Seems to following a similar narrative to a few wing backs we've signed in recent years. Left of field signing that starts strongly only to dip and fade. He's not the right standard and a bit lightweights truth be told. Has Buttner, Darmian, Varela vibes.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
He’s just a bit shit. Pointless in possession and attack and despite rarely leaving our half his defensive positioning and awareness is still poor.

He’s a new Darmian/Williams/Telles. People are so desperate for a new signing and flavour of the month they wildly overrated a couple average performances early on and then claim they’re amazing, ignoring subsequent terrible performances. Exact same happened with Darmian, Williams, and Telles, all hyped as the greatest thing since slice bread off the back of at best average performances because people just want someone new so they can hate on the previous player. 2-3 years down the line the shine wears off and youre left with another poor player to complain about and hype up the new average replacement. Rinse and repeat.

Gandalf

Because Williams is a terrible player. Malacia atleast played some good games this season. Has Williams ever played a good game?
Like I said, I do not rate Williams particularly but he put in quite a few decent performances for us in Ole's first full season. Malacia showed a bit of energy in his first couple of appearances and fooled a lot of us but he has been criminally poor since before the World Cup and again today he just charges off and leaves Kane in acres of space to set up the equalizer. Fairly sure Williams would at least do the basics right which this clown seems totally incapable of, we were robbed and he should be finished at this club.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Seems to following a similar narrative to a few wing backs we've signed in recent years. Left of field signing that starts strongly only to dip and fade. He's not the right standard and a bit lightweights truth be told. Has Buttner, Darmian, Varela vibes.
I would change him for Darmian this second.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Another bad performance from Malacia. Just struggles to defend the ball in the channel. Very easy to play it inside him and get the run on him.

Sylar

Might need to see it again, but Him and Dalot are going to get the blame for the equalising goal, but we have the ball, they are out wide , and ddg boots it and one pass and both full backs are taken out, Malacia is ahead of kane and Dalot is ahead of Son and in no position to get back.

r1z3mu

He is simply horrible and considering that he is going to be 24 this summer I'm not sure he can get much better. Every time he appears it almost guarantees other team a chance to score.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Might need to see it again, but Him and Dalot are going to get the blame for the equalising goal, but we have the ball, they are out wide , and ddg boots it and one pass and both full backs are taken out, Malacia is ahead of kane and Dalot is ahead of Son and in no position to get back.
Should he have been ahead of Kane, when the ball wasn't 100% in our favour? Then again we failed to pick up Kane all night long. Casemiro has a lot to answer for.

TempusFugit

Has only gotten worse as the season progresses. So easy to get past him and seems to have no positional awareness, Can't read the game well enough and is crap offensively. Massive improvements needed

Status
Not open for further replies.