Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

zaafi

That chip to Sancho was filthy. Love his tenacity and his technique always surprise me. The way he is able to successfully come out of tight situations is really entertaining to watch.

He's the perfect squad player - become more and more consistent as the season has progressed, and the team doesn't dip significantly in performance when he comes in.

Starting to think he may become good enough to become our starting LB (depending how Shaw's faring at the time) in 2-3 years.

He's also a very likeable dude.

Milo2035

I've said this before. He always finds a way to hurt opponents without getting punished. Smart little devil.
Or maybe he's just a lucky person, unlike Casemiro.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
His first game against Liverpool at home, when we were looking like we could lose the first three games of the season, and people were already talking about getting rid of Ten Hag, he came in, was like a whirlwind, frenetic, with a never say die attitude, and a couple of tackles in and the crowd started to get very vocal, and cheering every tackle United made. That spread to the rest of the team, and before you knew it, we had triumphed 2-1, against the Champions League finalists.
I personally thank Malacia for kick starting our season from that first performance. I understand that he had a couple of great games, so much so that posters were already moving Shaw on to pastures new, but after about four games his energy levels seemed to dip, unsurprisingly, so then a rejuvenated Shaw comes back in and performs brilliantly.
Malacia never disappoints when he plays, albeit he still has things to learn, but he has an infectious attitude, and I would love to see him here for many more seasons.

glasgow 21

Malacia is young ,tenacious, talented and plays with a smile on his face. A very good buy. Looks to be very good representation of a team player. Hope he is here on the books for a long time.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Really likeable character. Just gets on with it, much like most of the side to be fair which illustrates the huge character shift within the side this season.

afatzp

He always wow me on his big heart in tight space and difficult situations. Unlike those playing the "don't blame me" safe balls , Malacia does not afraid to dribble / shield the balls so not to easily lose it or place pressures on teammates .

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
"I do believe, per window, [you have] to get a couple of the right players in, and Tyrell Malacia is one of them," van Persie told club media during his recent trip to Carrington. "He wasn’t really well known before he came.

"I played with him at Feyenoord, so I knew how good he was, and still is, and he is proving that every game.

"When it clicks and when it's clear what to do, because clearly [there are] both full-backs - Diogo Dalot on the right side, you have Luke Shaw sometimes on the left, or Tyrell - you can see that they know exactly what to do in ball possession, as well when the opponent has the ball. He’s doing that so well and I’m so proud of him.

"He’s from my city," added van Persie. "He’s from my club. He’s giving a lot of youngsters hope.

"He is now playing on the highest level and competing against the best. He’s not only giving youngsters here hope, he’s giving youngsters in Holland hope, like okay, if you play well, there is a possibility that you can go really far, so that you end up playing for a team like Manchester United, and I’m just proud of him.

"I hope he keeps developing and improving and stays hungry to keep getting better every day."

criticalanalysis

Nice comments from RVP.

I'm really hoping something 'clicks' for Malacia this season or next as I think he has the attributes to be a real dominant force on the left channel. I'm not sure if he has it but I want to see some lung busting ball carries and overlaps on top of his already decent all around game.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
“We have a good team, with good qualities, but we have to be focused and keep improving,” said Malacia, in an exclusive interview with club media.

“Everything is possible (in terms of more trophies).”

“We (him and Rashford) give each other energy, we speak a lot with each other and, in the dressing room, we sit next to each other. We have a good connection, that’s important and you can see it on the pitch.”

“It's the same (with Shaw) as with Marcus - we have a good connection and we talk a lot with each other. He [Luke] has been here quite a while and he knows how everything works on the pitch and with the club.

“If I have questions, I can always ask him and he helps me.”

“I know what he’s capable of - he’s good on the ball.”

“I think the coach also knows his qualities, that’s why he put him there [at centre-back]. The coach knows what he’s doing.”

atkar83

He's fun to watch. I won't judge him from a few poor showings on the right, its not his position. I'm sure Shaw wouldn't love playing on the wrong side either. Can't ask for better cover for Shaw, a player/position that is way too important to this club

Bobski

Constantly gives the impression that he is about to do something akin to lunacy on the ball but actually rarely does.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Great at holding onto the ball in tricky situations.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Can he play on the right side ? That was absolutely what need when Shaw needed precaution change.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Really comfortable on the ball in tight spaces. Nice to see

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
I love Luke Shaw but I don't think Malacia would be a downgrade in certain games at all. Id trust him more in 1v1 duels than Shaw against a Salah type and he plays first minute to last at the same intensity. Would have been useful in some of those games we got battered in as his head never drops

Olecurls99

Won't miss Shaw much if he keeps this up. He's been good for a good few games now.

Sylar

He's always up for it and brings a great energy. I do get this feeling he prefers to engage as opposed to Shaw, which would have been better for a game like Vs saka.

Shaw has better delivery and overlaps sell, hopefully malacia adds that too

Status
Not open for further replies.