Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboc7

I like him, very relentless and aggressive and has adapted well in first season. He does need to add that bit of composure and take his time especially in final third.

El Jefe

I like him. He's a great example of what a back up player should be. He fills in for Shaw and obviously doesn't reach the same level but does his job in a good enough way that you don't think you can't play without Shaw. With some of our other players who fill in for the starters its painfully obvious that we can't really play without them as the backups aren't good enough.

Bwuk

Anonymous first half, good in second.

He has that dawg in him.

Telsim

Excellent defensively, hard worker, terrible passer. I liked that bit with the throw in, really pissed them off. :lol:

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I thought he had very good game apart from where he was invited to create something close to the goal.

Defensively he's been superb what is even more impressive when you watch his teammates from back 4.

It doesn't get much better than a solid defensive fullback as a backup to world class left back.

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
I liked him today, a bit passive in the first half but had some great bite in the 2nd half and some crunching takles that lifted the crowd and team. I can only see him improving further.

TheReligion

Abusive
Needs to compose himself more at both ends of the pitch.

Does the hard stuff by reading the game and winning the ball but then struggles to play the simple pass out or pick a decent cross.

Good thing is he is young and composure will come. He’s really quick, loves a tackle, has that tenacity about him and reads the game well.

Needs to look after the ball better though. Hopefully Shaw is taking him under his wing.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Thought he played well, very tenacious, never gives up, seems to rush things a bit at times, but an excellent back up to Shaw. Hopefully he can give us many years of good service, and I believe he will improve in many areas of his game.

Malone_Post

Thought he was outstanding tonight tbh. His tenaciousness in constantly going into challenges and winning tackles you think he has no right to win was almost AWB like. Just never gives up or stops going. Has some rough edges but there’s more then enough there to work with. He’s a brilliant deputy to Shaw.

He’s such a likeable lad, but also has that bit of edge to him too. Kick you in the shin then walks off smiling about it. Absolutely fantastic signing.

The United

He is in the "young and learning" stage. He got a lot of things right with tackling and a lot of things wrong with doing things with the ball. I think he just gets excited a lot and needs a bit more composure, which will hopefully come with time.

R'hllor

Think he is decent as starter and good enough as backup, plenty of space to develop.

buchansleftleg

I loved his tenacity tonight, and that he always tried to correct any errors he made.

His attacking threat could have been better but his pressing was immense and he just keeps on going!

He's developing into one hell of a player

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Looks pretty nifty to me. Haven’t seen a great crossing ability though.

NoPace

Just needs to progress to the mean in the final 3rd (probably stop shooting entirely) and be bang average for a Prem fullback there and he'll be a really quality FB. Tackling and short passing and decision-making all good. Truly horrific in the final 3rd but hopefully a genuine threat as a #9 can help accelerate that development a bit next season.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
What I love about him is that he's not jaded. You can tell how happy he looks and knows how privileged he is to be playing at United.

The look on his face every time he looks into the crowd, lining up at the start of the game is priceless.

Matson

He's a good player with alot of promise. Frustrates at times though. There was a moment in the match where he did the hard work twice but then misplaced a simple pass twice.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The perfect backup really. So much energy and application but still a lot of room to improve.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Had a decent game. Made some good challenges in the 2nd halve. Needs to concentrate though when passing.

Lentwood

Ìn a sense he's quite an old-fashioned, nippy little full back type. He's great at making recovery runs and tackles and he's aggressive which is good...but his crossing is absolutely abysmal

Kag

When he sorts out his crossing he’s going to be brilliant.

I always thought crossing was more of an innate thing that you either sort of had quite early on or you hadn’t. But then Shaw struggled to get anything off the ground up until a couple of years ago, so I see no reason why Malacia can’t improve as well.

Defensively he is great, which is the main thing.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Just needs to progress to the mean in the final 3rd (probably stop shooting entirely) and be bang average for a Prem fullback there and he'll be a really quality FB. Tackling and short passing and decision-making all good. Truly horrific in the final 3rd but hopefully a genuine threat as a #9 can help accelerate that development a bit next season.
Yep, he will be regarded as completely different player as soon as he improves in the final third.

Idxomer

His long passing and crossing are really poor which is what we miss the most when Shaw isn't playing.

Sylar

He did really well today, people just remembering him losing it a couple of times when pressed and one bad pass. His ability to win it back and play out to Casemiro was vital in us staying on top in the second half.
every player has a bad couple of moments, it’s unfair to highlight them without seeing what he brought to the side.
This is fair. There was a period where he just passed it to them from defence under pressure a few times.

However upto that point and after those moments he was playing with urgency that some other players didn't have

poleglass red

I like him, iffy 1st half, but I feel that uncertanity with Maguire and Lindelof doesn't help the whole backline. His passing in 2nd half was a bit sloppy at times, but I like his aggression. I can see ETH moulding him into a very good player

next_number_seven

I thought he was brilliant particularly at tackling.

Some bad passes though but overall a great signing

next_number_seven

When he sorts out his crossing he’s going to be brilliant.

I always thought crossing was more of an innate thing that you either sort of had quite early on or you hadn’t. But then Shaw struggled to get anything off the ground up until a couple of years ago, so I see no reason why Malacia can’t improve as well.

Defensively he is great, which is the main thing.
Shaw's one of the best crossers I've ever seen. Pinpoint accuracy

Jeffthered

Super young player, tenacious, great attitude, and enjoys defending! His tackling is good, and will improve and he can play.

He's young and still learning, but again, it's great that he's at Manchester United.

Was superb last night I thought.

PaulRich

Love him and not much he could do, but he needs to have a word with himself re. laughing and joking at 5-0 because he was laughing more than we all were.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
At the end of the match it looked like he was pressing not only opponents but also Sancho into their box.

If only ref didn't stop the game for a weird reason, his ball block has set Sancho on clear position with just one opponent to defend on his side.

Status
Not open for further replies.