Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

ti vu

Offers very little going forwards, I do wonder if that will ever change.
Seeing Shaw attacking improvement, gives me hope. Shaw used to offer little going forward 4 seasons back. For now, as a rotation option. Malacia is very good for his first season in the new most competitive league.

Golden Nugget

Really impressed with him overall - and thought he was solid against Barcelona.

In general, I think he does look a bit nervous when he has the ball in attacking areas - but he’s young and it’s still early days for him at United - so I believe he will improve in that as time goes on.

RonaldoVII

Alonso lost him for the first goal and he wasn't even attempting to close down Raphinha for the 2nd goal so I didn't rate his performance as highly as most it seems. In general he played well but these two moments he should be doing better.

Hughes35

Great signing, I really like him. Never lets us down, has decent quality and puts in a shift.

I think he can get better too. How good he has been is the reason we're seeing Shaw as a CB so often.

renatosanches85

Alonso lost him for the first goal and he wasn't even attempting to close down Raphinha for the 2nd goal so I didn't rate his performance as highly as most it seems. In general he played well but these two moments he should be doing better.
True, I don’t know why he was marking the much bigger and dangerous Alonso; I prefer small fullbacks on the post. He is still developing and learning at this level, I feel like Fred should have helped him out once Alonso lost him. He is a massive upgrade on Telles, Williams et al.

Lecland07

A very good player who has been improving since start.

However, I am not sure why he chested the ball back when he was through on goal in the box. The pass to him was fantastic. The run from Malacia was great. Why didn't he take it down and shoot?

Fabio Rochemback

I thought he was very good against Barca. His level had dropped a bit since his first few games so he really needed that, great to see.

Even if he doesn't improve, he'll still be a good signing for £13m but you get the feeling with his attitude that he will find another level sooner or later.

Josh 76

I thought he was very good against Barca. His level had dropped a bit since his first few games so he really needed that, great to see.

Even if he doesn't improve, he'll still be a good signing for £13m but you get the feeling with his attitude that he will find another level sooner or later.
He will be even better next season.
Pound for pound, it’s an amazing signing.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
I am pretty sure it was Fred who marked Alonso for the first goal?

eire-red

I think there's plenty more to come from him. As others have said, needs to work on his attacking contribution, but I think he's good in our build-up and ball retention, and am aggressive defender most of the time too.

What I really like about this signing is that it means we have Shaw as the extra LCB option and can look to move Maguire in the summer without it being an ordeal to find a replacement.

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Great signing, I really like him. Never lets us down, has decent quality and puts in a shift.

I think he can get better too. How good he has been is the reason we're seeing Shaw as a CB so often.
I'm pretty sure that's unrelated to Malacia and is due to Ten Hag's preference for a left footed CB when Martinez is unavailable.

But you're right about his decent quality, work rate and potential.

At 12m he was a low-risk signing that's proven to be a success. Even if he doesn't excel at United, we're almost guaranteed to make a profit on his transfer fee. Dan James is the only other player who we've made a profit on over the last decade, which is bonkers.

Hughes35

I'm pretty sure that's unrelated to Malacia and is due to Ten Hag's preference for a left footed CB when Martinez is unavailable.

But you're right about his decent quality, work rate and potential.

At 12m he was a low-risk signing that's proven to be a success. Even if he doesn't excel at United, we're almost guaranteed to make a profit on his transfer fee. Dan James is the only other player who we've made a profit on over the last decade, which is bonkers.
If Malacia was no good, ETH wouldn't have the option of Shaw as a stand In for when Martinez was unavailable.

Bwuk

Big game for him today. I think he’ll start as he will probably be on the bench for Barca & the Cup Final.

Tete has been in good form on the RW for Leicester.

Eli Zee

I really enjoy when he's playing and I can't help but feel like he is part of the reason why Shaw has been playing so well this season.... some competition that can actually take his spot. Malacia has proven to be a pretty good player on the ball, in my opinion, along with having a strong work ethic, aggression and good tackling.

arnie_ni

Big fan of him and think he's a great deputy to Shaw but he couldn't find a team mate tonight at all. Worst performce he's put in. Hopefully he just shakes it off.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He should only be allowed to run with the ball and pass it sideways. The Cucurella role. Shocking technique hitting it over any distance for any reason.

Irwin99

His passing was a bit off, thought his tackling was very good though. Feisty guy isn't he :devil:

VivaJesperBlomqvist

he was today… he gave the ball away a lot. And wasteful when we went forwards.

but even on his bad games, which is gonna have as a young lad, I love his attitude. Real bite in everything he does.
Oh don’t get me wrong, love him, but feck me that was a bit dodgy today from the lad

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He did really well today, people just remembering him losing it a couple of times when pressed and one bad pass. His ability to win it back and play out to Casemiro was vital in us staying on top in the second half.
every player has a bad couple of moments, it’s unfair to highlight them without seeing what he brought to the side.

Irwin99

He did really well today, people just remembering him losing it a couple of times when pressed and one bad pass. His ability to win it back and play out to Casemiro was vital in us staying on top in the second half.
every player has a bad couple of moments, it’s unfair to highlight them without seeing what he brought to the side.
Agree. 7 tackles (100% success) , 4 clearances, 5 interceptions, 80% pass accuracy . He had a good game.

PSV

Thought he was one of our best today, could be that opinion is impacted by the rest of our defence being rather poor.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He was basically on a one man mission to put his face next to the word "erratic" in the dictionary.

Last seasons Fred was probably watching on with pride.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Had a poor game with the ball. Just needs to calm down, keep his head, and play the right pass. Hopefully comes with more time in the league.

Plenty of good defensive contribution, though. Love his tenacity, he's like having a second Fred in that sense.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Thought he was quite good tonight. Reliable defensively.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
His defensive tenacity is fantastic and he's also a very good passer.

Shame his delivery from wide is non-existent.

Glorio

Played like a drunk ferret tonight. High intensity as usual but massively erratic with the ball

Status
Not open for further replies.