Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
To be honest... I think he's low-key kinda terrible.

Not good enough for us at all, even as a squad player.

soapythecat

What a waste of money. Even in games he’s played well, he’s been average in a good team. He and Antony have been really poor buys. Antony looks like he could do something 2nd season but this lad of absolutely garbage.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
What a waste of money. Even in games he’s played well, he’s been average in a good team. He and Antony have been really poor buys. Antony looks like he could do something 2nd season but this lad of absolutely garbage.
It wasn't that much, thankfully. Cheap punt that doesn't look like it'll come off. Not a big deal.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
It can be a big deal if manager sticks with him though
I can't imagine he'd be playing much without significantly improving. He's seemingly slipped to 3rd choice already.

Telsim

Continues to offer absolutely nothing in attack. Just like AWB, I don't think he fits an attacking proactive team. Big question why Ten Hag wanted him, but he cost next to nothing at least.

Eric_the_Red99

AndersB

Don't think he is good enough even to be a squad player unfortunately. Ok enough defensively (though with a blunder in him), but offensively I'd offer more

KjaAnd

Just a mind boggling signing. Wtf was EtH thinking? He has great attitude, yes, but in every other department he’s barely Championship level.

kundalini

Looked such a limited player today. Doesn't seem at all suited to having to force the game. Finds it so difficult to pass the ball forwards.

flappyjay

Just a mind boggling signing. Wtf was EtH thinking? He has great attitude, yes, but in every other department he’s barely Championship level.
I have been unable to find words to describe him. I think it's why it's taken so long for his inability to truly show.

AndySmith1990

Why are 90% of our signings so bad? All the money we waste on players and we can't afford to buy some decent fecking scouts? Boggles the mind

Idxomer

I think he was fine today defending but he just does nothing in attack.

arthurka

A young player coming from another league, let's throw him under the bus right away. How many years are we willing to wait for Shaw having a solid full season.

Ash_G

And his clear limitations in that area become even clearer due to ETH’s tactic of getting our fullbacks to take up advanced central attacking positions when we’re attacking down the opposite wing - something that they’re all terrible at, tbf
Yeah I absolutely don't get this at all, we seem to be actively asking our most limited players to get into positions they're not capable of exploiting meaning we're not maximising attacks. Simultaneously when we lose the ball they're not completely out of position and we're exposed to a counter.

More generally I'm hoping Malacia is just going through a blip atm and he's got time to grow into a squad player. At the very least he seems to work hard but agree he does seem quite limited although I reckon if our more experienced players were playing more maturely and he was being asked to defend/cover primarily he'd probably be ok.

Abraxas

He wasn't awful today. The problem is he wasn't especially good, and he rarely has been of late. A lot of work to do to sharpen up his play going forward.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why are 90% of our signings so bad? All the money we waste on players and we can't afford to buy some decent fecking scouts? Boggles the mind
Because we give 100% transfer control to manager. That can't work. No matter is it Klopp, Pep, Eth or Moyes in question.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Yeah I absolutely don't get this at all, we seem to be actively asking our most limited players to get into positions they're not capable of exploiting meaning we're not maximising attacks. Simultaneously when we lose the ball they're not completely out of position and we're exposed to a counter.

More generally I'm hoping Malacia is just going through a blip atm and he's got time to grow into a squad player. At the very least he seems to work hard but agree he does seem quite limited although I reckon if our more experienced players were playing more maturely and he was being asked to defend/cover primarily he'd probably be ok.
Don't think he's good enough for the top of the premier league honestly. I fully expected him to sign for Lyon last summer which is probably about his plateau. I admit he nearly convinced me he could adept after those first few games, but alas.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Don't think he's good enough for the top of the premier league honestly. I fully expected him to sign for Lyon last summer which is probably about his plateau. I admit he nearly convinced me he could adept after those first few games, but alas.
You said to me (when we signed him) that his best trait is attacking play. He is opposite to that ffs :lol:

Ash_G

Oh yeah don't get me wrong, I think he has a lot to prove still and I'm not convinced either but I also think if our more experienced players and attack sorted themselves out we could get by with him as a back up i.e. bigger issues than him right now.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
You said to me (when we signed him) that his best trait is attacking play. He is opposite to that ffs :lol:
He looked quite threatening in our league against FC Emmen and stuff. Well and against us if Im honest.

I also didnt want my hatred of him to cloud my judgement so I cut him some slack.

Edit: wait, this isn't the Antony thread. Did I say Malacia's best trait was attacking? Surely I said it's tackling and tenacity? He was also a big factor in our attack, but that was also due to Sinisterra being in front of him and being by far our most threatening player.

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Such an excellent point you and the other post made. It doesn't compute why some things they cannot do, are asked of footballers. Just why ???

Continues to offer absolutely nothing in attack. Just like AWB, I don't think he fits an attacking proactive team. Big question why Ten Hag wanted him, but he cost next to nothing at least.
He makes Bissaka look like prime Alves next to him

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I put him more in the young and learnin' category. Will need another year or two to mature, just as Paddy Evra did from season one to two.
You'd be a better diplomat than me that's for sure. All the needless fouls far from any threatening positions really do piss me off

Raoul

Admin
Staff
You'd be a better diplomat than me that's for sure. All the needless fouls far from any threatening positions really do piss me off
I think all our defenders are looking a bit worse than they actually are because Martinez and Varane are out. The moment the back loses its most influential player, the rest of them appear far less effective than usual. See the first Liverpool game this year. Malacia was far more effective than his more recent performances.

Eddy_JukeZ

I honestly think we need to put Shaw back at LB.

This lad just offers nothing for us. As bad as Telles was.

Drizzle

He has physical limitations that are going to plague him as a premier league fullback. He's small but he doesn't have the strength or speed to make up for it. You can see him trying to get to grips with players but having to essentially rugby tackle them to stop them getting away from him.

Add in the fact he's completely useless as an attacking threat and it's fair to say he's got an awful lot of improving to do if he's going to cut it even as a backup squad player.

L1nk

Would bring back Alvaro to backup Shaw at LB and probably sell Malacia if we can.

Phil

He gets caught out defensively way too much. I’m not a massive fan of his.

Status
Not open for further replies.