Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rustyspider13

Fantastic deputy. His technique is brilliant and if he can develop more upper body strength, he'll be a top full back. Him, Sancho and Bruno were pulling off some training ground 1 touch stuff tonight on the left flank.

Abraxas

Fantastic deputy. His technique is brilliant and if he can develop more upper body strength, he'll be a top full back.
I think it is final third contributions I'd like to see as a major focus for him. His record in those areas is pretty abysmal, really. I see a reasonable defender and certainly somebody you can trust in possession.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
That was a good cameo and considering it's his first season at the club, he should improve further next season.

Rustyspider13

I think it is final third contributions I'd like to see as a major focus for him. His record in those areas is pretty abysmal, really. I see a reasonable defender and certainly somebody you can trust in possession.
He actually has a good ground through ball in him. It's rare that he uses it though. Definitely needs to take crossing lessons from Shaw, who is probably our best crosser alongside Eriksen.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Very good tonight, a better player than Shaw, just needs to find some consistency

Ibi Dreams

Very good tonight, a better player than Shaw, just needs to find some consistency
He's not a better player than Shaw. I actually feel a bit bad for him because he's not going to play a lot of games when Shaw is fit. He's a brilliant backup and would probably be a good first choice too, but unfortunately for him there's a world class left back in front of him

Betson

Done well when he came on , considering his inexperience and price he was a very good signing or us. Still a lot of potential there to be a really good player.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
His attacking output is zero, which is bad. But I still prefer his energy and agression to Shaw, he seems more combative and comfortable in the press.

When Eriksen and Casemiro are back, we will rely less on Shaw's crossing I hope.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
His attacking output is zero, which is bad. But I still prefer his energy and agression to Shaw, he seems more combative and comfortable in the press.

When Eriksen and Casemiro are back, we will rely less on Shaw's crossing I hope.
Evra's end product was terrible for his entire career and yet he was excellent attacking fullback. I would say Malacia gives us lot attacking wise, but not yet in terms of goals and assists though.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
I like this lad. I always trust him, even when having bad moments he doesn’t go into hiding.
He qualifies an Evra.

Oranges038

Good game.

He's nice and composed on the ball for the most part. I think in attack he's not really that effective because he has a tendency to drift infield rather than overlap down the outside. I don't think it's going to work well if all of him Rashford, Sancho and even Martial when he plays all prefer to move inside off the left. He needs to hang wider and overlap down the outside more often.

KikiDaKats

Supports
His Liverpool supporting wife
Good game.

He's nice and composed on the ball for the most part. I think in attack he's not really that effective because he has a tendency to drift infield rather than overlap down the outside. I don't think it's going to work well if all of him Rashford, Sancho and even Martial when he plays all prefer to move inside off the left. He needs to hang wider and overlap down the outside more often.
The more he plays with them, he will get to understand their game better.

westmeath

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not a better player than Shaw. I actually feel a bit bad for him because he's not going to play a lot of games when Shaw is fit. He's a brilliant backup and would probably be a good first choice too, but unfortunately for him there's a world class left back in front of him
Luke Shaw, really?

Red_Aaron

I've said it before but I think he's been a fantastic addition to the squad.

Can play both sides, full of energy, he's fearless and always positive with an ever present smile. He's also seemingly happy to be understudy and never makes a peep in the press

Wonderful signing

Kaos

I've said it before but I think he's been a fantastic addition to the squad.

Can play both sides, full of energy, he's fearless and always positive with an ever present smile. He's also seemingly happy to be understudy and never makes a peep in the press

Wonderful signing
Yeah, I think with the Eriksen, Casemiro and Martinez signings, this one has gone under the radar a bit. Fantastic bit of business from us for once.

Dve

Still, we know that Shaw can run into bad form, and it doesn't have to be a big drop either before Malacia will earn more playing time. I thought he was very good yesterday, as he has been pretty much every time he's been given the chance - especially of late. And I think he's a better dribbler than he has been unable to show in games yet (just look at the difficult dribbles he tried yesterday), so I believe there is more to come offensively. Defensively, it could be argued he's already better than Shaw.

flameinthesun

Definitely no where close to Luke Shaw. He's an upgrade on the likes of Telles and Williams for sure, a competent backup to Shaw. However his lack of strength and general non-existent attacking output will limit him. The comparison with Evra is also wrong. Evra could run the entire left wing on his own, regularly taking on the opposite fullback and getting crosses, albeit not the greatest, in to the box. Malacia has good link up play, defensively is decent but I don't see him challenging Shaw for a starting spot.

2Injurytimegoal

Good player, now we have two reliable left backs, we can focus improve other area.

His attacking is not as good as Shaw, that's one thing he need to improve, but he has courage, speed which is a must of sidebacks

Sylar

A few sloppy parts aside, he's really good on the ball especially when pressed. He makes some good incisive passes out. Do want him to get better once in the final third. Think we should try get him to overlap more and then cut the ball back more

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
The weakest of the players today, which is no shame given his clear ‘squad player’ status. He’s probably near enough exactly what you want for a back up role.

That said, if I’m Alvaro Fernandez, I’d be thinking I could have him personally.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
That ball for Antony in the first half was fantastic. Still has some inconsistent moments, but he's just started playing again.

I think he is easily the best backup we have in single position.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
A poor first half apart from that great ball to Antony. Improved in the second though, so a decent performance overall.

Telsim

Weakest link today, but the overall performance was great, so still decent. It's clear he hasn't been on the pitch enough.

Blood Mage

Better technically than he's given credit for. One of our more press-resistant players.

Status
Not open for further replies.