g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Tyrone Mings stamp on Zlatan | He’s at it again

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Mings the Merciless.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Have the FA said anything yet, or are they still doing the forensics on Wayne Shaw's pie?

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Perhaps some Bournesmouth fans who might know the player well because to intentionally leap onto a player's head? Not only would you have to be proper mental but the kind of evil that would make even Pepe blush
Could have been retaliation for this

TheReligion

Abusive
No, but they were obviously equally deliberate and it is odd that the same people classed one as an accident and the other as deliberate.

Obviously the severity of the Mings incident is much worse, I also think Mings retaliated because Ibrahimovich tried to stamp on him first. Which doesn't excuse the nature of what he did. However the officiating in this game was so bad that it also contributed to the incidents.

As I said before Mings deserves a lengthy ban.

Despite the stupid comments at me on here I'm pretty solid on these things, which brings me back to the Spurs Chelsea game that IMHO was blown out of all proportion, but on the other side of the coin I think Dele Alli should get a minimum 6 game ban in Europe, I wouldn't complain if it was for an entire European campaign.
Mings shoved Zlatan who threw him to the floor early on. That's what started it all off.

I'm sure they will have been at it off the ball all game but the stamp went too far and could have killed him.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
I'd be very surprised if the FA punish him like he's guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt. I expect a compromised sentence. And Mings did himself a favour by totally denying it, crafty bugger. His lawyer will do the rest.

Oaencha

I had to watch the replay twice because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. 100% intentional and when you see the force Mings used he is lucky he isn't charged with manslaughter. Sounds OTT but that could have easily snapped his neck or caused brain damage. The elbow was also 100% intentional but it pales in comparison to the stamp.

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
Mings shoved Zlatan who threw him to the floor early on. That's what started it all off.

I'm sure they will have been at it off the ball all game but the stamp went too far and could have killed him.
Yes that's what started the whole battle, interesting that Friend thought that only worthy of a talking too from Ibrahimovich to himself, yet Surman's much less aggressive push was worthy of a second yellow and a red.

Anyway that's by the by, if you watch the whole incident from the right angle IMHO Ibrahimovich attempts to stamp on Mings but misses him. Mings loses the plot and retaliates with an inexcusable stamp in return.

The ref lost control of this match much earlier and had a shocker.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Yes that's what started the whole battle, interesting that Friend thought that only worthy of a talking too from Ibrahimovich to himself, yet Surman's much less aggressive push was worthy of a second yellow and a red.

Anyway that's by the by, if you watch the whole incident from the right angle IMHO Ibrahimovich attempts to stamp on Mings but misses him. Mings loses the plot and retaliates with an inexcusable stamp in return.

The referee was absolutely abysmal. He definitely lost control.

TheReligion

Abusive

I'm not sure about Ibrahimovic trying to stamp on his leg. If he does he totally missed and doesn't use much force.

Mings should be looking at a very long ban.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Tyrone Mings: "I would never do that deliberately. It's not part of my game, I'm all about hard and fair."

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
I'm not sure about Ibrahimovic trying to stamp on his leg. If he does he totally missed and doesn't use much force.

I'm pretty sure he does attempt to stamp or should we say stand on Mings but he does as you say miss him.

If it was down to me Mings would get 10 games and Ibrahimovich 3.

Kamprad

Of course its deliberate. Both the elbow and the stamping. Funny thing is Zlatan stamped on an opponents head when he played for PSG. Almost looks identical to this incident but not as bad. Maybe Mings was inspired by Zlatan. He should get suspended. Zlatan one game. Mings three.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'm pretty sure he does attempt to stamp or should we say stand on Mings but he does as you say miss him.

If it was down to me Mings would get 10 games and Ibrahimovich 3.
It will be interesting to see what happens with Ibrahimovic. I'm not sure of the rules now on retrospective action now. 3 would be top end for an elbow but couldn't complain.

Devil may care

It looked totally deliberate to me, it seems like all concerned are playing things down a bit as they could both face retrospective bans.

gaucho_10

Ibra is a cnut of the highest order. He was even stomping on players heads for fun while playing in France. You can like him all you want because he's one of yours, but that guy got away with murder way too many times in his career.

TheReligion

Abusive
Ibra is a cnut of the highest order. He was even stomping on players heads for fun while playing in France. You can like him all you want because he's one of yours, but that guy got away with murder way too many times in his career.
What does this have to do with today sorry?

R'hllor

Not sure how things working process wise when it comes to this type of situation,will players be called to give statements in same time? If so,wouldnt be surprised that both cover each other,so neither get banned for X amount of games.

Giggs86

Come on guys, seen it 50 times now and it's clearly not intentional. He's just trying to rush back in position since the play continued in the box. He had only eyes for where the ball was and Rooney being in the way and him being clumsy, makes it just an unfortunate accident. It's nevertheless a red card offence obv, he shouldve watched out, but he didnt mean to do this.
It's not a red card offense if it's unintentional. It WAS intentional though. He knew exactly what he was doing.

klayton88

Have the FA said anything yet, or are they still doing the forensics on Wayne Shaw's pie?
Amazing post. First time I've actually laughed for real at a post on here. I needed that. Cheers.

dbs235

Watched it loads of times and I still can't decide if it was intentional or not. Lucky I'm not on the FA's panel for this :lol:

Moiraine

Seriously man !
Looks like you got some agenda today considering the events of today's match ?

Manny

Grammar Police
Just a reminder for those posters still in shock because of what they just witnessed.

Oh and btw, this is how clearly intentional looks like:
Are you too saying Mings' wasn't intentional?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
I'd be very surprised if the FA punish him like he's guilty beyond a shadow of a doubt. I expect a compromised sentence. And Mings did himself a favour by totally denying it, crafty bugger. His lawyer will do the rest.
#JusticeForMings

padr81

Supports
Man City
There seemed to be alot going on between Zlatan and Mings from early today and Ibra looked a little off. I don't care if Zlatan threw him down or kicked out Mings was interntional and dirty as hell. He shouldn't play again this season and Zlatan should be punished hard for his elbow (3 games). Just because Ibra's done it before doesn't make it ok for Mings to do it. That was as nasty as they come. Honestly, he could have killed him. Zlatan may be a cnut and may have done this himself before but the issue today is with Mings. It doesn't how angry there were at each other, Zlatans elbow was a jaw breaker (Mings must have a tough chin) but Mings stamp was the kind of thing that get a person 3 years off the pitch.

lsd

The Oracle

Looked like he got a bad injury so I don't think any ban is going to affect him

prateik

Didn't he get injured? He will miss more than 3 games anyway.. So who cares what the FA does to him.