Tyrone Mings stamp on Zlatan | He’s at it again

Dobbs

He was aware of it despite the fact he was looking in the opposite direction....
That's really poor from Rooney. If he meant it or not it's wrong to lie in order to get a player into trouble.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
No, I don't think so. As he is jumping, he isnt looking at Ibrahimovic or when he plants his foot. In the first replay you can see that he is watching the ball 95% of the time, he only looks for a microsecond where the players on the ground are, but he just makes a terrible jump, not being in balance, half falling over Rooney, trying to rush back in defence. Its not a situation where he thinks, oh this is a great moment to stamp Ibra. Im sure the only thing on his mind was getting the ball out of the box. Looking at his demeanor/actions. Its just a unfornuante and very ugly accident. But this one just isnt intentional. Just look at him. He has almost only eye for the ball. He shouldve still received a red card obv.
Go jump over someone and tell me where your leg lands

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
That's really poor from Rooney. If he meant it or not it's wrong to lie in order to get a player into trouble.
They all do it, he's sticking up for his team-mate who would have told him what happened (or he saw a video replay in the dressing room). It's funny in this case because he is so blatantly lying.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Carra's points are the most valid.

Even if he didn't mean it, you would acknowledge that you've studded someone...at any level. Mings was smirking in conversation with Zlatan before the corner, he knows.

Zlatan's reaction from a professional view is out of order. But as a human, it's understandable.

But I think the overall incidents cost us the game. Henry was right, the whole game was weird afterwards. Even my missus was like wtf is going on.

Classical Mechanic

They all do it, he's sticking up for his team-mate who would have told him what happened (or he saw a video replay in the dressing room). It's funny in this case because he is so blatantly lying.
Lying about being aware of it? Perhaps Zlatan told him or another player or they watched it at half time on the monitors?

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
He was aware of it despite the fact he was looking in the opposite direction....
I'm sure it wouldn't have been difficult for Zlatan to make those around him aware that he's just been stamped on the head.

He didn't come out and say he had his 20/20 vision beamed on the incident.

Kag

Mings is a cnut and Rooney is well within his right to fib.

Mings will get a ban, too, which is great.

All 3 United

His tinfoil hat protects him from the Glazers.
Disgraceful, should never be seen on a football pitch and hopefully a lengthy ban awaits him.

Zoo

We should have sent Zlatan out list match to try and do damage control....

ZAGREB RED

Says he didn't meant it, he is a liar. Worst part of it is that Ibrahimovic will get a ban for the elbow. At least he didn't do Ibrahimovic any real damage, no wonder he reacted the way he did, it wouldn't have mattered if he waited til later in the game to exact some justice, it most likely would have been picked up by the cameras anyway so a ban was inevitable.
Frustrating game, apart from the incidents surrounding the red card/non-red cards, two points chucked away in a poor overall performance against a poor team that couldn't believe their luck. The second half against 10 men was atrocious.

Jetrooooo

Go jump over someone and tell me where your leg lands
Like i said. Look at the second replay. He stands up, his right foot slips. he tries to recover by placing his leg way to wide and even hitting Rooney in the process(almost stamping on his hand), being completely off balance. And then still goes for the "jump". Thats not a good indicator for a regular jump. No one can make a proper jump like that, being in the position that he was. So he shouldve never went for it and shouldve received a red card. But he didnt try to stamp him on purpose thats for sure.

He's just a clumsy fck.

predator

Youth NITK
Looked very intentional tbh.

That's easily the worst thing I've seen occur on a football pitch.
It makes me feel abit sick watching it because it could've been so much worse.

Vile.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
He's massive cnut. The stamp was bad enough but that interview made him look like an even bigger twat. Should have let Fellaini lose on the thug.

Anustart89

He's massive cnut. The stamp was bad enough but that interview made him look like an even bigger twat. Should have let Fellaini lose on the thug.
I thought he came across pretty well in that post-game interview, which annoyed me a little bit.

Janson

I think it's ridiculous to say that stamp was intentional. He was just trying to jump over him going forward and happened to catch his head.

Giggs86

IF it was intentional, and I'm pretty sure it was, this cnut should get the Keane-Haaland treatment.

red4ever 79

Of course they can, they won't though. You could report it to the police yourself if you wanted to, would be very interesting to see how they would react.
I think this route should be explored. There must have been cases in the past where criminal complaints were filled.

Janson

No, I don't think so. As he is jumping, he isnt looking at Ibrahimovic or when he plants his foot. In the first replay you can see that he is watching the ball 95% of the time, he only looks for a microsecond where the players on the ground are, but he just makes a terrible jump, not being in balance, half falling over Rooney, trying to rush back in defence. Its not a situation where he thinks, oh this is a great moment to stamp Ibra. Im sure the only thing on his mind was getting the ball out of the box. Looking at his demeanor/actions. Its just a unforntuante and very ugly accident. But this one just isnt intentional. Just look at him. He has almost only eye for the ball. He shouldve still received a red card obv. And an elbow was justified since that one must have hurt.

Edit: But if you look at the first replay. He isnt watching Ibrahimovic. Only the ball. He just get ups after a tackle. Furiously looking where the ball is going and tries to get back as fast a possible. You cant tell me that he in that second also thought. He lets stamp Ibra. He hardly notices Ibra being there. Being so off balance he just makes a terrible jump and hits him right on the head.

Edit 2: See his right foot in the second replay before he jumps? His leg is colliding with Rooney. @ least you see him getting off balance but still trying to rush back he makes the jump anyway and hits Ibra, So its a red card. It was a risk he wasnt allowed to take. But intentional no way. Im disappointed too in todays result. But i think the match as a whole, how weird it was maybe clouding our jugdement a bit.
Perfect analasys, I can't believe how some actually think he would intentionaly try to stamp him.

Strats

Mings could have easily lost his balance while doing the motion. Do not want to know what could have happened if his entire weight with studded boots on Zlatan's head.

Sickening and disgraceful.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Looks far from intentional. Looked like a standard fellaini type tussle, if you take it in isolation (ignoring the fact he got stamped by the same cnut on the head).
I saw it differently but many will. Zlatan's was clearly intentional, Mings I feel is less clear in terms of intent - either way remarkable that neither were sent off

Rooney claiming it intentional would mean he has eyes in the back of his head

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Ibra should not be banned, the Ref dealt with the incident on the pitch and spoke to him.

If Ibra gets banned, it goes against the FAs own rules.
We don't know what the ref saw or didn't see regarding Zlatan's elbow. If he puts in his report that he saw the elbow and deemed it accidental then he won't get banned. If he does not mention it Zlatan could still be banned.

krombacher92

I think this route should be explored. There must have been cases in the past where criminal complaints were filled.
Don't think that would be very smart cause Zlatan went for revenge. Also it probably can't be proven 100% that it was intentional.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Different situation of course but that's what started the John Terry racial abuse court case (a QPR fan complained to the police).
Would open a big can of worms if people started to pursue the police route for on field offenses. I imagine United would distance themselves if anyone did register a complaint.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Some quite extraordinary mental gymnastics people are doing to claim it wasn't intentional

Eire Red United

There's no debate. When you jump over someone, you stretch your leg forward so it lands in front of you. He intentionally plants his leg behind him, because he had knew he wants to stamp his head.

Go jump over someone and see where your leg lands.
He's looking at Zlatan the whole time and doesn't bother to even stop when the ball is away to acknowledge what he did.