g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Tyrone Mings stamp on Zlatan | He’s at it again

TheReligion

Abusive
I saw it differently but many will. Zlatan's was clearly intentional, Mings I feel is less clear in terms of intent - either way remarkable that neither were sent off

Rooney claiming it intentional would mean he has eyes in the back of his head
Why don't you show the still just before this one where he's looking directly at Ibrahimovic?

Dobbs

I think this route should be explored. There must have been cases in the past where criminal complaints were filled.
Are you serious? Don't the police have enough to do without dealing with incidents in a football game. You need some perspective I think.

Zoo

He didn't even check to see what he had stamped on.....

Janson

I saw it differently but many will. Zlatan's was clearly intentional, Mings I feel is less clear in terms of intent - either way remarkable that neither were sent off

:lol:

Manny

Grammar Police

He looks for Zlatans head before he puts his boot down, but you are unsure of intent... :lol:

To be fair to Rooney, he said he was he was aware of it not that he actually saw it live

0:19

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
Different situation of course but that's what started the John Terry racial abuse court case (a QPR fan complained to the police).
No, what started the John Terry racial abuse case was John Terry racially abusing an opponent.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
He looks for Zlatans head before he puts his boot down, but you are unsure of intent... :lol:
Not true, at least not the sequence of what happened - he does look down but you could easily argue he is looking to step over the two players who are on the ground at his feet. To assume in that split second he got a good look for where Zlatan's head was before taking a leap over both players to land squarely on his head is just that, an assumption - that is difficult to gauge from a neutral's perspective that he is looking to land on his head rather than get into the box to defend

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Why don't you show the still just before this one where he's looking directly at Ibrahimovic?
He's looking at the players at his feet as he tries to rejoin the defense in the box, looking before he leaps over them - let's not forget Zlatan is 6'5". When Mings looks down he's nowhere near his head so that would have to be one helluva an accurate split second assessment of where his head will be when he leaps

cyberman

Not true, at least not the sequence of what happened - he does look down but you could easily argue he is looking to step over the two players who are on the ground at his feet. To assume in that split second he got a good look for where Zlatan's head was before taking a leap over both players to land squarely on his head is just that, an assumption - that is difficult to gauge from a neutral's perspective that he is looking to land on his head rather than get into the box to defend
He looks down and sees Ibra and moves his weight and foot towards his head. Actually away from the play.
He then mouths off to Ibra will waiting for the corner and starts smirking at him.
So yeah. An accident

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
He looks down and sees Ibra and moves his weight and foot towards his head. Actually away from the play.
He then mouths off to Ibra will waiting for the corner and starts smirking at him.
So yeah. An accident
How is it away from the play when they are just outside the penalty area and ball is coming in from the direction Mings is looking when he leaps over the players? I am certain there was banter going on between the two, I don't know Mings but I know Zlatan does not shy away from it.

cyberman

How is it away from the play when they are just outside the penalty area and ball is coming in from the direction Mings is looking when he leaps over the players? I am certain there was banter going on between the two, I don't know Mings but I know Zlatan does not shy away from it.
Ibra walks over holding his head and Mings smirks back at him!
Fecking banter! Mings went for him because Ibra threw him to the ground earlier.
Motive and lack of remorse. What do we need? A confession?

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
I've got no time for Ibrahimovich and he's a snide himself, he was defended to the hilt on here earlier this season after what he did against Seamus Coleman. However I find it strange that anybody could truly believe that Mings didn't do that on purpose as he so clearly did. He simply momentarily lost it and deliberately stamped on him. I think Mings was wound up with the officiating and simply lost his head for a second after I think he believed that Ibrahimovic himself tried to stamp on him and he retaliated.

Mings will get a lengthy ban.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Ibra walks over holding his head and Mings smirks back at him!
Fecking banter! Mings went for him because Ibra threw him to the ground earlier.
Motive and lack of remorse. What do we need? A confession?
I'm sure there was banter going on between them throughout the match, including when Zlatan ragdolled him early - neither of us know what they were smirking about or discussing. I was merely weighing in on the two incidents and which one(s) looked like clear intent. One looks clear, the other less clear

Reminds me to some degree of the Pepe stamp/kick into Casquero of Getafe - there was less outrage than this incident despite clear intent - fortunately he got a deserved 10 match ban but again, intent was clear. I don't know Mings as a player/person but I didn't see a deliberate action but of course everyone will have their opinion about it

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Mings did that very soon after Ibra man handled him. Was a revenge stamp from the cnut.

Manny

Grammar Police
That argument is thrown out when you see on the first angle (the one that includes the tackle) that he adjusts his landing leg to plant it on Zlatan's head.

TheReligion

Abusive
He's looking at the players at his feet as he tries to rejoin the defense in the box, looking before he leaps over them - let's not forget Zlatan is 6'5". When Mings looks down he's nowhere near his head so that would have to be one helluva an accurate split second assessment of where his head will be when he leaps
You didn't answer my question though..

TheReligion

Abusive
I've got no time for Ibrahimovich and he's a snide himself, he was defended to the hilt on here earlier this season after what he did against Seamus Coleman. However I find it strange that anybody could truly believe that Mings didn't do that on purpose as he so clearly did. He simply momentarily lost it and deliberately stamped on him. I think Mings was wound up with the officiating and simply lost his head for a second after I think he believed that Ibrahimovic himself tried to stamp on him and he retaliated.

Mings will get a lengthy ban.
You're not trying to bracket Coleman and Mings incident together surely?

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Zlatan just been interviewed on SS and claiming that

- he didn't know who stamped on his head.

- he cant remember what he said to Mings before the corner because he talks a lot during games

- Mings jumped into his elbow at the corner and he hopes Mings did not get injured in the tussle.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

@GifLord Can you get the gif?

TheReligion

Abusive
Zlatan just been interviewed on SS and claiming that

- he didn't know who stamped on his head.

- he cant remember what he said to Mings before the corner because he talks a lot during games

- Mings jumped into his elbow at the corner and he hopes Mings did not get injured in the tussle.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

@GifLord Can you get the gif?
Have you posted this 3 , times?

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
That argument is thrown out when you see on the first angle (the one that includes the tackle) that he adjusts his landing leg to plant it on Zlatan's head.

It's a good gif to see the play in its entirety, including the attack into the box that demands Mings leaps over the players to defend the play still...but I still don't see intent there. I see better now that the Mings has to leap over both Rooney & Zlatan which wasn't as clear in the other clips. His right leg is planted behind Rooney, Tyrone looks down before leaping with his left but never looks down once in the air - so the assumption would be that somehow he adjusted his leg midair to land on Ibra while watching the ball & United wide player coming into the box. Not convinced

TheReligion

Abusive
It's a good gif to see the play in its entirety, including the attack into the box that demands Mings leaps over the players to defend the play still...but I still don't see intent there. I see better now that the Mings has to leap over both Rooney & Zlatan which wasn't as clear in the other clips. His right leg is planted behind Rooney, Tyrone looks down before leaping with his left but never looks down once in the air - so the assumption would be that somehow he adjusted his leg midair to land on Ibra while watching the ball & United wide player coming into the box. Not convinced
I'm sorry but that's nonsense.

peridigm

Initial reaction during live play was that he was trying to regain footing. After seeing replay it was clearly intentional as he looks down and then exerts force with leg. He should be banned far longer than 6 games. That could have potentially been fatal. No bullshit. Lucky it only scratched him. I'd sympathize with Zlatan if he walked over a karate kicked him in the throat. Mings is lucky he only got half a fecking elbow for that. Then he takes the piss in a post match interview. What a cnut.

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
Perhaps some Bournesmouth fans who might know the player well because to intentionally leap onto a player's head? Not only would you have to be proper mental but the kind of evil that would make even Pepe blush

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
That's hardly surprising.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Initial reaction during live play was that he was trying to regain footing. After seeing replay it was clearly intentional as he looks down and then exerts force with leg. He should be banned far longer than 6 games. That could have potentially been fatal. No bullshit. Lucky it only scratched him. I'd sympathize with Zlatan if he walked over a karate kicked him in the throat. Mings is lucky he only got half a fecking elbow for that. Then he takes the piss in a post match interview. What a cnut.
Zlatan didn't react enough. If he had done it to me I would have flattened him. That would be worth getting sent off for.

SirHenryPercy

Supports
spurs
You're not trying to bracket Coleman and Mings incident together surely?
No, but they were obviously equally deliberate and it is odd that the same people classed one as an accident and the other as deliberate.

Obviously the severity of the Mings incident is much worse, I also think Mings retaliated because Ibrahimovich tried to stamp on him first. Which doesn't excuse the nature of what he did. However the officiating in this game was so bad that it also contributed to the incidents.

As I said before Mings deserves a lengthy ban.

Despite the stupid comments at me on here I'm pretty solid on these things, which brings me back to the Spurs Chelsea game that IMHO was blown out of all proportion, but on the other side of the coin I think Dele Alli should get a minimum 6 game ban in Europe, I wouldn't complain if it was for an entire European campaign.