Tyrone Mings stamp on Zlatan | He’s at it again

izec

Elbow in the face is nothIng compared to a stamp on the head. I expected Ibta to kung fu kick the shit out of him.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Get a grip folks, stamping on someone's head is a friendly greeting in England.

padr81

Supports
Man City
"Cold pre-planned" moments after getting intentionally stamped on the head. :lol: Have a word with yourself.
Ad I said I'd have done it myself but it was hardly an instinctive reaction. He knew exactly what he was going to do and did it.
Would I have done the same Yes. But it was completely pre-planned

Ainu

Ad I said I'd have done it myself but it was hardly an instinctive reaction. He knew exactly what he was going to do and did it.
Would I have done the same Yes. But it was completely pre-planned
It was with intent, but hardly what you'd call "cold". How could it be in that situation?

padr81

Supports
Man City
It was with intent, but hardly what you'd call "cold". How could it be in that situation?
Cold was probably a bad word more "I'll show this f##ker" kind of thing.

prateik

The retrospective red wont be an issue now that the fecker is injured.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
He will get banned surely but I do think he has a bit of wiggle room. Zlatan is a big guy and it's hard jumping over all that length. He's lawyer has something to work with.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
He will get banned surely but I do think he has a bit of wiggle room. Zlatan is a big guy and it's hard jumping over all that length. He's lawyer has something to work with.
It's football, not a horror movie, he is allowed to jump to the sides.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Should've been a clear red for Ibra, but my god, that stamp was something... should be a 6 months ban, will probably at least be 6 games.

Man-United

Mings is a clown. Ibra took it good, got a bit hurt but Mings was rolling around.

fecking wanker.

Dave89

Says he didn't mean it. Pack up lads, close the thread...

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Don't believe in karma, but Mings does that, and goes off clearly badly injured.
Ibra elbows him and misses the key pen!

Sort of some justice going round there

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
He's turned around and had a look where Zlatan is lying before he goes charging off in that direction. Was definitely intentional for me.
I agree with you on the intentional part. He could argue though that he was looking to see where Zlatan was so he could avoid him but he just got his calculations wrong. I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Watching the replay it seems Zlatan has a slight stamp before he falls and then Mings goes for the big stamp on the head.

Jetrooooo

Come on guys, seen it 50 times now and it's clearly not intentional. He's just trying to rush back in position since the play continued in the box. He had only eyes for where the ball was and Rooney being in the way and him being clumsy, makes it just an unfortunate accident. It's nevertheless a red card offence obv, he shouldve watched out, but he didnt mean to do this.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Sounds like he might have a bad knee injury so I doubt he will care too much about a lengthy ban.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Didn't Zlatan stamp first? Either way he did elbow as well.

Don't really care much given our players missed the penalty that mattered anyway.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Come on guys, seen it 50 times now and it's clearly not intentional. He's just trying to rush back in position since the play continued in the box. He had only eyes for where the ball was and Rooney being in the way and him being clumsy, makes it just an unfortunate accident. It's nevertheless a red card offence obv, he shouldve watched out, but he didnt mean to do this.
Oh give over, he looks down at his head and then kicks down directly at it. You can see as he's connecting he's expecting to connect despite the grass being another foot of travel away.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
No chance.

1. He looks at where Zlatan is
2. He comes down hard, harder then he would if he was just running
3. His leg wasn't extended to try and avoid him.
4. He stamped on his head, don't make excuses for him

simmee

Are you blind? He has a glance first which should be enough for any normal person to avoid jumping on someone's head. Then he looks directly at Zlatan and stamps with increased force.

BIGbadBOO4

No offence but you must be mad. You honestly think you can accidently stamp on someone's head like that? If that was an accident then he should not be on the pitch if he is that uncoordinated.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Not mincing his words here.

Rooney on Mings
Pulling no punches, the United skipper.

“I don’t think the referee saw Tyrone Mings try and stamp on Zlatan’s head. “I was [aware of it], I was right there. It’s wrong in football.

“Everyone likes to go in and have tackles in the game, which have gone out of the game a lot in recent years.

“But to try and stamp on a player’s head is wrong and there is no place for it. I am sure there will be punishment after the game.”

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
There's no debate. When you jump over someone, you stretch your leg forward so it lands in front of you. He intentionally plants his leg behind him, because he had knew he wants to stamp his head.

Go jump over someone and see where your leg lands.

johnny boy

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Not mincing his words here.

Rooney on Mings
Pulling no punches, the United skipper.

“I don’t think the referee saw Tyrone Mings try and stamp on Zlatan’s head. “I was [aware of it], I was right there. It’s wrong in football.

“Everyone likes to go in and have tackles in the game, which have gone out of the game a lot in recent years.

“But to try and stamp on a player’s head is wrong and there is no place for it. I am sure there will be punishment after the game.”
He was aware of it despite the fact he was looking in the opposite direction....

Jetrooooo

No, I don't think so. As he is jumping, he isnt looking at Ibrahimovic or when he plants his foot. In the first replay you can see that he is watching the ball 95% of the time, he only looks for a microsecond where the players on the ground are, but he just makes a terrible jump, not being in balance, half falling over Rooney, trying to rush back in defence. Its not a situation where he thinks, oh this is a great moment to stamp Ibra. Im sure the only thing on his mind was getting the ball out of the box. Looking at his demeanor/actions. Its just a unforntuante and very ugly accident. But this one just isnt intentional. Just look at him. He has almost only eye for the ball. He shouldve still received a red card obv. And an elbow was justified since that one must have hurt.

Edit: But if you look at the first replay. He isnt watching Ibrahimovic. Only the ball. He just get ups after a tackle. Furiously looking where the ball is going and tries to get back as fast a possible. You cant tell me that he in that second also thought. He lets stamp Ibra. He hardly notices Ibra being there. Being so off balance he just makes a terrible jump and hits him right on the head.

Edit 2: See his right foot in the second replay before he jumps? His leg is colliding with Rooney. @ least you see him getting off balance but still trying to rush back he makes the jump anyway and hits Ibra, So its a red card. It was a risk he wasnt allowed to take. But intentional no way. Im disappointed too in todays result. But i think the match as a whole, how weird it was maybe clouding our jugdement a bit.

Last edited: