UAP - Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
This is interesting...

Congress Initiates Plan To Reveal Recovered ‘Technologies Of Unknown Origin And Biological Evidence Of Non-Human Intelligence’

In a historic development relating to Unidentified Anomalous Phenomena (UAP), Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer has introduced legislation creating what will become a Review Board dedicated to the disclosure of UAP information and materials.

Senator Schumer is the most senior member of the Senate to engage in the UAP topic, following in the footsteps of former Senate Leader Harry Reid.

Commenting on the legislation Senator Schumer said:

https://www.liberationtimes.com/hom...biological-evidence-of-non-human-intelligence

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Pretty mad stuff. Considering the credibility of the witnesses and the seriousness of the context they are talking.

dinostar77

Jesus, how can this hearing not end up on the front pages of every newsout in the world tomorrow? Some of the questions congress are asking im stunned they are asking in a live public forum.

https://www.youtube.com/live/EFuxUvUOD0Q?feature=share

The question about whistleblowers being murdered, drew a gasp from the room.

Last edited:

led_scholes

"One in 10 Americans reported that they had seen a UFO."

That's a bit too high? Is this the case for every country? Or it is just Americans eager to believe that they have seen a UFO.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Aren't we lucky that the aliens and all UFO related sightings happened to happen in 'Murica.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
One of the biggest misconceptions of the UFO phenomenon is the presumption that these objects are NOT from our world ie the are from ALIEN origin from somewrhere out there in the Universe. I find that very UNLIKELY because of the VAST distances in space. The chance two advanced civilisations in a relative close stage of developement to find each other in the Universe is almost zero. So what are the UFO's then? Well we are definitely NOT the first advanced civilisation on this planet, may be even not the second.. so there is a possibillity these flying objects to be leftovers from a previous one wich was way more advanced than us because it is a fact that with our cuurent technology they are still a mistery for us...

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
One of the biggest misconceptions of the UFO phenomenon is the presumption that these objects are NOT from our world ie the are from ALIEN origin from somewrhere out there in the Universe. I find that very UNLIKELY because of the VAST distances in space. The chance two advanced civilisations in a relative close stage of developement to find each other in the Universe is almost zero. So what are the UFO's then? Well we are definitely NOT the first advanced civilisation on this planet, may be even not the second.. so there is a possibillity these flying objects to be leftovers from a previous one wich was way more advanced than us because it is a fact that with our cuurent technology they are still a mistery for us...
That somehow seems even more improbable than aliens.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
What the hell.

dinostar77

You may want to read David Grusch (one of the witnesses today) interview in Newsweek. Where he said we have many satellites and other objects pointed out into deep sace to capture data on the UAP as they come in from deep space.

The phenomeon isnt just one hypothesis, its far too complex for that.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This kind of goes with my religions timeline

Oranges038

Aye, them dinosaurs were a very crafty and advanced bunch, they weren't all wiped out by an asteroid. They knew it was coming for years before it hit, with their advanced telescopes and aided by some having really long necks, they could see into deep space. They built space ships and many escaped before it hit, these UFO's were to see what happened to those left behind. Now, they randomly appear and disappear. Nobody knows where they come and go from, we just know they are there, watching to make sure all their technology is still safely hidden.

They will come back one day, armed with all kinds of gadgets and weapons to save us from the evil space dinosaurs, who are sure to come looking for the origins and life source of their technology. Aided by humans they will defeat those evil space dinosaurs and dump them in the sea.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Aye, them dinosaurs were a very crafty and advanced bunch, they weren't all wiped out by an asteroid. They knew it was coming for years before it hit, with their advanced telescopes and aided by some having really long necks, they could see into deep space. They built space ships and many escaped before it hit, these UFO's were to see what happened to those left behind. Now, they randomly appear and disappear. Nobody knows where they come and go from, we just know they are there, watching to make sure all their technology is still safely hidden.

They will come back one day, armed with all kinds of gadgets and weapons to save us from the evil space dinosaurs, who are sure to come looking for the origins and life source of their technology. Aided by humans they will defeat those evil space dinosaurs and dump them in the sea.
Haha very nice.. but the dinasaurs were here on this planet what 65 million years ago?? Earth is 4.5 BILLION years old..

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
He's not a whistleblower, he's a guy who talked to a guy who said aliens are real. It's nonsense.
The fact that actual hearings are taking place during a time when more pressing needs should be addressed is surreal.

That being said, it is a tad entertaining.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
He's not a whistleblower, he's a guy who talked to a guy who said aliens are real. It's nonsense.
Of course its a nonsense. The whole UFO and ALIEN conspiracy especially in the USA is nothing more than just that - a conspiracy wich is BENEFITING certain groups..

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
The fact that actual hearings are taking place during a time when more pressing needs should be addressed is surreal.

That being said, it is a tad entertaining.
I'm wondering if the only reason Rs entertain this is because they want to use it against the Dems for showing that if they take these guys seriously, that they should do the same with the alleged IRS whistle blowers they re trying to prop up.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Personally, having heard this theory a few times, I think it’s quite arrogant of humans to think that other beings out there aren’t smarter than us and therefore unable to make craft to travel those distances

nimic

something nice
Scout
Personally, having heard this theory a few times, I think it’s quite arrogant if humans to think that other beings out there aren’t smarter than us and therefore unable to make craft to travel those distances
But at the same time, surely it's also folly to think that they have based on no evidence and our current understanding of physics? At that point it's just pure guesswork, and I guess that's fine but it's nothing to base official policy on.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned

Dinosaurs were killed by volcanism

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
But at the same time, surely it's also folly to think that they have based on no evidence and our current understanding of physics? At that point it's just pure guesswork, and I guess that's fine but it's nothing to base official policy on.
Plus it seems like we're liable to wipe our own civilization out within an astronomically insignificant timeframe, so it appears unlikely we'll overlap temporally with anyone who avoided wiping themselves out before they invented warp drives or whatever.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
Personally, having heard this theory a few times, I think it’s quite arrogant of humans to think that other beings out there aren’t smarter than us and therefore unable to make craft to travel those distances
It’s got nothing to do with arrogance, it’s empirical science.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Plus it seems like we're liable to wipe our own civilization out within an astronomically insignificant timeframe, so it appears unlikely we'll overlap temporally with anyone who avoided wiping themselves out before they invented warp drives or whatever.
Yep. And if there really are other civilizations out there with both the capability and the will to visit systems like ours, then why haven't they already colonized the galaxy? You don't even need faster than light travel. Just using generation ships or even Von Neumann probes that go like 5% the speed of light you could easily colonize the entire galaxy in a few million years. The galaxy is billions of years old, so why hasn't that happened yet? It's actually a very serious possibility that we're the first intelligent life-form to appear the galaxy, or as you say that all the rest have wiped themselves out before they get there.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Yep. And if there really are other civilizations out there with both the capability and the will to visit systems like ours, then why haven't they already colonized the galaxy? You don't even need faster than light travel. Just using generation ships or even Von Neumann probes that go like 5% the speed of light you could easily colonize the entire galaxy in a few million years. The galaxy is billions of years old, so why hasn't that happened yet? It's actually a very serious possibility that we're the first intelligent life-form to appear the galaxy, or as you say that all the rest have wiped themselves out before they get there.
Seems there is always a fixation on colonisation when it comes to extraterrestrial life. If there are lifeforms out there whose comprehension of the world around them has evolved far beyond our own - as it probably would have if they've mastered interstellar travel - isn't it likely they have also evolved beyond such a concept?

nimic

something nice
Scout
Seems there is always a fixation on colonisation when it comes to extraterrestrial life. If there are lifeforms out there whose comprehension of the world around them has evolved far beyond our own - as it probably would have if they've mastered interstellar travel - isn't it likely they have also evolved beyond such a concept?
I mean I guess, but then why are they so easy to spot? If we're going to extrapolate them evolving beyond colonization, isn't it likely they would also have developed some kind of "no influence" policy, something almost Star-trekky? Ultimately it's impossible for us to know what alien psychology would be like, it's pure guesswork. It's fun, though.

Wittmann45

I mean, I don't know about the stuff Grusch said, and much of it seems to be unsaid or heresy, but Commander Fravor seemed very reliable and whatever he witnessed was seemingly otherworldly