UAP - Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon

Castia

The Youtuber is just presenting the findings from people that have studied this, the experts came to the conclusion that they were an amalgamation of human and animal bones.

This is from 2017, do you not think if they were real we would have known about it by now?
Yeah possibly, like I said I’m a sceptic but it seems that they’re now opening up their findings and allowing outsiders to do tests so it will take all of 10 minutes to prove them to be hoaxers in the coming weeks/months

They must seem confident going ahead with a theory that has been debunked and doubling down with further ‘evidence‘

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
The Youtuber is just presenting the findings from people that have studied this, the experts came to the conclusion that they were an amalgamation of human and animal bones.

This is from 2017, do you not think if they were real we would have known about it by now?
Are these the same 'bodies' as that reveal? Do we know that for sure?

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Yeah possibly, like I said I’m a sceptic but it seems that they’re now opening up their findings and allowing outsiders to do tests so it will take all of 10 minutes to prove them to be hoaxers in the coming weeks/months
I'd love them to be real, I'm a firm believer of life outside of our own planet, but my bullshit detector is going off massively with this one I'm afraid.

RedNome

Are these the same 'bodies' as that reveal? Do we know that for sure?
My 'research' on this consists of what has been posted on that Reddit thread and from what I see on there from the people that have done the leg work, yes they are, could be wrong though and would be very happy to be, as I said above I'd love nothing more than this to be real.

Castia

I'd love them to be real, I'm a firm believer of life outside of our own planet, but my bullshit detector is going off massively with this one I'm afraid.
From the hoaxers point of view:

-They’d be doubling down on a story that has apparently been debunked
-Wheeled fake bodies/X-rays into congress
- Released dna information from the bodies and made claims such as multiple Mexican universities have studied them in recent years

Fair play if it’s a hoax they’ve gone all out. They would have also put the ’alien community’ (?) years behind at a time when it seems like answer could be coming from the US congress

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
My 'research' on this consists of what has been posted on that Reddit thread and from what I see on there from the people that have done the leg work, yes they are, could be wrong though and would be very happy to be, as I said above I'd love nothing more than this to be real.
They look different, I thought the ones from previous were in the fetal position similar to human remains found locally, whereas these are laid down, but I could be getting things wrong here?

RedNome

From the hoaxers point of view:

-They’d be doubling down on a story that has apparently been debunked
-Wheeled fake bodies/X-rays into congress
- Released dna information from the bodies and made claims such as multiple Mexican universities have studied them in recent years

Fair play if it’s a hoax they’ve gone all out. They would have also put the ’alien community’ (?) years behind at a time when it seems like answer could be coming from the US congress
They look different, I thought the ones from previous were in the fetal position similar to human remains found locally, whereas these are laid down, but I could be getting things wrong here?
Well, I guess we'll see then won't we.

I've gone far enough down this rabbit hole for now though and until I see something more convincing I'm gonna call bullshit.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Yeah. Little grey men who happen to have extremely similar evolutionary solutions like us
Not the most outlandish thing. Sure I-shaped spines are likely pretty unique, but given the distances involved in space, who's to say any prospective aliens we suddenly discover on/around Earth aren't linked to us biologically? Might even be more likely than not.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Not the most outlandish thing. Sure I-shaped spines are likely pretty unique, but given the distances involved in space, who's to say any prospective aliens we suddenly discover on/around Earth aren't linked to us biologically? Might even be more likely than not.
Sure, up to a point. Linked from when, though? Homo Erectus? Amoeba? It's certainly not out of the question that life on Earth is related to life somewhere else. That's just the panspermia hypothesis, and it's no better or worse than any other idea out there. But the way we look today is entirely driven by evolution on this planet. Some things I would expect aliens to have, particularly someone who were related to us in the panspermian way, like eyes and ears of some kind, maybe two or four feet, some kind of symmetry, etc.

But these depictions of aliens always go beyond that. They're close to our height, they have our bone structure, their brains are in the same place (and not incredibly different in size, though the little grey man often have very large heads), similar mouths, etc.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Sure, up to a point. Linked from when, though? Homo Erectus? Amoeba? It's certainly not out of the question that life on Earth is related to life somewhere else. That's just the panspermia hypothesis, and it's no better or worse than any other idea out there. But the way we look today is entirely driven by evolution on this planet. Some things I would expect aliens to have, particularly someone who were related to us in the panspermian way, like eyes and ears of some kind, maybe two or four feet, some kind of symmetry, etc.

But these depictions of aliens always go beyond that. They're close to our height, they have our bone structure, their brains are in the same place (and not incredibly different in size, though the little grey man often have very large heads), similar mouths, etc.
Yeah agreed

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Them alien bodies are fake as f*ck.

Earlier in the year the Mexican president tweeted a picture of what he claimed was a real life elf, so their government has previous.

luke511

Yeah. Little grey men who happen to have extremely similar evolutionary solutions like us
Convergent evolution is a possibility. There could be universal principles governing evolution that we don't understand yet.

Yeah, but they're unlikely to be the spitting image of the character from a Steven Spielberg film.

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
I just read that these bodies weren't even presented in Mexican Congress. Its some group of known headbangers that have named themselves Congress, or something to that effect, to hoodwink gullible people on the internet.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I just read that these bodies weren't even presented in Mexican Congress. Its some group of known headbangers that have named themselves Congress, or something to that effect, to hoodwink gullible people on the internet.
Elite tier trolling if so.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Convergent evolution could a be universal phenomenon. I'd imagine they could be bipedal also, for example

Someone got there before me, ignore.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Convergent evolution could a be universal phenomenon. I'd imagine they could be bipedal also, for example
Don't we already know it isn't universal, since evolution took so many different paths on Earth? And that's life that is all related and evolved on the same planet under (more or less) the same conditions. I expect similarities, but little grey men are a little bit too human for my tastes. What are the odds that the one alien life-form we run into is humanoid?

Wing Attack Plan R

Whatever these UAP are, they are most likely unmanned . They pull too many Gs for a biological entity to survive. That one video said the UAP dropped 80,000 feet in about a second. That can also be written as 54,545 miles per hour, or mach 72. We currently can fly mach 9.6. In an 80,000 foot dive, the G forces would be astronomical. A normal person blacks out at 6 G.

Unless alien biology is solid state, no living thing is in those craft. It could be robotic or remote controlled. Insects can survive 200-400G, so maybe an insectoid pilot would work, but at 80,000ft/sec they are being pushed past that point.

I've always thought UAP were some kind of probes. They aren't terrestrial, at least not from any current nation. There's no chance the Russians or Chinese have this tech and the USA does not.

They could be holographic projections, so not really objects existing in 3-dimensional space, which would mean the physics in their flight (e.g., no propulsion system, no external steering valences, stopping on a dime, body-exploding g-force acceleration) are the wrong idea. They could be a 3-d representation of a 4-d construct.

They could be solid objects (not holograms) that are using gravitational holes to move. So they aren't really flying like a jet plane but are more or less popping in and out of our space-time.

Even less likely, but maybe more fun, is they could be probes sent back via wormhole from a future civilization, us or extraterrestrial. That explains why they sometimes crash, they observe a lot of military things, and no one seems to know where they come from.

Due to the insane distances between stars, biological entities in crafts is the least likely explanation. It would take 200,000 years at light speed to cross our galaxy from tip to tip, let alone get to the next galaxy over. So if they are biological they are from the Milky Way. If they come from Andromeda, that's 2.5 million years to get there traveling at light speed, forget about time dilation. The closest star system is Alpha Centauri at 4 years away, traveling at light speed. These aliens would have to be so superannuated that 8 years spent on a trip to earth would be nothing. So these craft cannot possibly be piloted by living things.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Don't we already know it isn't universal, since evolution took so many different paths on Earth? And that's life that is all related and evolved on the same planet under (more or less) the same conditions. I expect similarities, but little grey men are a little bit too human for my tastes. What are the odds that the one alien life-form we run into is humanoid?
Yes life has taken many different paths but we still see independently evolved adaptations in species where their relation on the evolutionary tree pre dates the adaptation in question. The most famous example being the eye that is said to have evolved independently 7 times. Or fish that aren't related but look very similar.
Intelligent life could look vastly different or they could be upright walking and a social species. They would surely need societies, science, maths and no wouldn't look like that E.T thing. The panspermia you guys were talking about I don't buy at all. We only think life has evolved once on this planet and ET would've had to merge with ours before the pre mitochondrial stage. Pseudo science for me.

nickm

Whatever these UAP are, they are most likely unmanned . They pull too many Gs for a biological entity to survive. That one video said the UAP dropped 80,000 feet in about a second. That can also be written as 54,545 miles per hour, or mach 72. We currently can fly mach 9.6. In an 80,000 foot dive, the G forces would be astronomical. A normal person blacks out at 6 G.

Unless alien biology is solid state, no living thing is in those craft. It could be robotic or remote controlled. Insects can survive 200-400G, so maybe an insectoid pilot would work, but at 80,000ft/sec they are being pushed past that point.

I've always thought UAP were some kind of probes. They aren't terrestrial, at least not from any current nation. There's no chance the Russians or Chinese have this tech and the USA does not.

They could be holographic projections, so not really objects existing in 3-dimensional space, which would mean the physics in their flight (e.g., no propulsion system, no external steering valences, stopping on a dime, body-exploding g-force acceleration) are the wrong idea. They could be a 3-d representation of a 4-d construct.

They could be solid objects (not holograms) that are using gravitational holes to move. So they aren't really flying like a jet plane but are more or less popping in and out of our space-time.

Even less likely, but maybe more fun, is they could be probes sent back via wormhole from a future civilization, us or extraterrestrial. That explains why they sometimes crash, they observe a lot of military things, and no one seems to know where they come from.

Due to the insane distances between stars, biological entities in crafts is the least likely explanation. It would take 200,000 years at light speed to cross our galaxy from tip to tip, let alone get to the next galaxy over. So if they are biological they are from the Milky Way. If they come from Andromeda, that's 2.5 million years to get there traveling at light speed, forget about time dilation. The closest star system is Alpha Centauri at 4 years away, traveling at light speed. These aliens would have to be so superannuated that 8 years spent on a trip to earth would be nothing. So these craft cannot possibly be piloted by living things.
Or they could be... mistakes, fakes or misunderstandings. Like they always have been.

Wing Attack Plan R

Or they could be... mistakes, fakes or misunderstandings. Like they always have been.
I meant specifically these new videos released by the Pentagon. The other stuff from the glory days of UFOs is probably hoaxes, atmospheric lenses, balloons, fat birds, whatever. These new ones have the experts stumped. Astronauts, Air Force pilots, commercial airline pilots, all are stumped. These people are not seeking fame and monetization (like Bob Lazar) they are actually afraid they are going to ruin their careers. One of these new videos was taken by a graduate of Top Gun, so a very, very good pilot (and volleyball player, probably). Who would be so good at hoaxes as to be able to fool these guys?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I am reminded of something I read a few years ago. It was about how life could evolve. It is believed that single cell microbial life such as bacteria could well proliferate given the right conditions.
But even if a single cell consumed another single cell, it would still be a single cell.
To become a multi cell, it would need to both consume another single cell and then change its function such that it becomes 2 separate cells both different from previous function.
And that requires a very significant step in the evolution of the single cell which may not happen naturally.
https://www.nature.com/articles/nrmicro3178

Let me know if it's paywalled and I'll try and find a better link

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I still like how people think aliens are gonna look like what the movies from years gone by shown. :lol:
Isn't it more the other way around? The classic 'little grey men' in popular fiction are based off what aliens we've supposedly found look like, so if even one of those earlier claims were accurate then it stands to reason that any further finds will probably look the same (unless we have multiple different alien species visiting).