UAP - Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon

Eric_the_Red99

Fake ‘evidence’ of aliens has been around for decades so why is there this sudden interest from politicians in America and Mexico? The stuff from Mexico doesn’t even look convincing enough for the Fortean Times.

Castia

Fake ‘evidence’ of aliens has been around for decades so why is there this sudden interest from politicians in America and Mexico? The stuff from Mexico doesn’t even look convincing enough for the Fortean Times.
In America it’s a big story because people high up in the forces have come forward to congress to claim there’s evidence of UAP’s. It follows the ‘tic-tac‘ video a few years ago when the us government was forced to admit the video is real and they still don’t know what the UAP was

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I was always under the impression that the general 'Hollywood' aesthetic for little green men came from historical references to sightings.

Also, the Mayans and other ancient civilizations used to elongate the heads of their babies by tying planks of wood to their foreheads, this elongated the skull giving them an appearance of what we would describe today as an Alien,
There are also several ancient hieroglyphics that depict similar entities that look what we would describe as a typical Hollywood Alien.

Couple this with the theory and potential evidence that these civilizations were visited by unearthly beings and you have the foundations for the aesthetic right there.

Laurencio

Watched the alien bodies part of the press conference. That's a lot of universities and laboratories they present as claiming authenticity...

Anyone know if these institutions have confirmed that they worked on this?

Fingeredmouse

There are also several ancient hieroglyphics that depict similar entities that look what we would describe as a typical Hollywood Alien.
I never knew this. Google proved useless. I'd love to see these. Do you know where/when they were from so that I might find them?

Laurencio

I was always under the impression that the general 'Hollywood' aesthetic for little green men came from historical references to sightings.

Also, the Mayans and other ancient civilizations used to elongate the heads of their babies by tying planks of wood to their foreheads, this elongated the skull giving them an appearance of what we would describe today as an Alien,

Couple this with the theory and potential evidence that these civilizations were visited by unearthly beings and you have the foundations for the aesthetic right there.
That was also one of the arguments made by the mexican journalist. He said that the cultural description of these aliens have been around for a thousand years in South America. We've always attributed them to artistic creativity, but the three finger, three toe humanoid is a common artistic depiction and has been for a very long time.

Basically they seem to be implying ancient aliens.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
I never knew this. Google proved useless. I'd love to see these. Do you know where/when they were from so that I might find them?
Gods of the New Millennium is a great book by Alan Alford, which highlighted a lot of these depictions,
Interestingly enough, Alford went on to say that he was incorrect in this 'Alien' theory a few years down the line, which only heightened the mystery of it all (Government got to him etc!!)

Alot of articles on Pharaoh Akhenaten are online too, there was an Alien theory flying around due to the depiction of the Pharaoh on existing glyphs.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
Whatever these UAP are, they are most likely unmanned . They pull too many Gs for a biological entity to survive. That one video said the UAP dropped 80,000 feet in about a second. That can also be written as 54,545 miles per hour, or mach 72. We currently can fly mach 9.6. In an 80,000 foot dive, the G forces would be astronomical. A normal person blacks out at 6 G.

Unless alien biology is solid state, no living thing is in those craft. It could be robotic or remote controlled. Insects can survive 200-400G, so maybe an insectoid pilot would work, but at 80,000ft/sec they are being pushed past that point.

I've always thought UAP were some kind of probes. They aren't terrestrial, at least not from any current nation. There's no chance the Russians or Chinese have this tech and the USA does not.

They could be holographic projections, so not really objects existing in 3-dimensional space, which would mean the physics in their flight (e.g., no propulsion system, no external steering valences, stopping on a dime, body-exploding g-force acceleration) are the wrong idea. They could be a 3-d representation of a 4-d construct.

They could be solid objects (not holograms) that are using gravitational holes to move. So they aren't really flying like a jet plane but are more or less popping in and out of our space-time.

Even less likely, but maybe more fun, is they could be probes sent back via wormhole from a future civilization, us or extraterrestrial. That explains why they sometimes crash, they observe a lot of military things, and no one seems to know where they come from.

Due to the insane distances between stars, biological entities in crafts is the least likely explanation. It would take 200,000 years at light speed to cross our galaxy from tip to tip, let alone get to the next galaxy over. So if they are biological they are from the Milky Way. If they come from Andromeda, that's 2.5 million years to get there traveling at light speed, forget about time dilation. The closest star system is Alpha Centauri at 4 years away, traveling at light speed. These aliens would have to be so superannuated that 8 years spent on a trip to earth would be nothing. So these craft cannot possibly be piloted by living things.
I mean, you know how Christians et al ascribe all the things that we (well, they) can't possibly fathom/understand/comprehend to God(s)?

Is it not entirely possible that whatever 'state' the alien is, is so far removed from how we conceptualise biological life that the rules that apply to us don't apply to them? Given the vastness of space and the unlikelihood that we're alone, maybe there's something out there so completely removed from us that it can survive those sort of feats. Certainly to get to Earth and do the things they supposedly do, they'd have to be pretty removed from our current state, if we are to assume we're the most advanced biological thing that we know of.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
In America it’s a big story because people high up in the forces have come forward to congress to claim there’s evidence of UAP’s. It follows the ‘tic-tac‘ video a few years ago when the us government was forced to admit the video is real and they still don’t know what the UAP was
Or they said that because it's better than revealing what tech you're working on.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
what are are government doing to stop these small craft crossings :mad::mad:??

dinostar77

This mexican crap is distracting from NASA UAP report, out today

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-66810538

Summary
  1. Nasa has been speaking about a lengthy study into hundreds of reports of UFOs - or UAPs, as it calls them
  2. It says most UFO sightings have been explained, but there are a few that are not "known human-made or natural phenomena"
  3. Nasa says there is no reason to conclude that extra-terrestrial sources are behind the UAPs, but it also cannot rule out that possibility
  4. The organisation says it wants to create a "roadmap" for future study and wants to move from "sensationalism to science"
  5. The report details how artificial intelligence could be used to investigate future sightings
  6. It says it's important for national security and air safety - 16 of the world's leading data and AI scientists have worked on the study

dinostar77

Bosnian_fan

Supports
Sarajevo
I've been into this for long time, but the more I wanted to believe, the less I actually believed. I've found that common sense and logic don't apply to average extraterrestial believers. Have followed their subreddit for couple of months and given up completely after realising these people asking for full disclosure of whatever they think goverments know, will swallow up some incredible shit as a hundred percent proof of alien existence.

Only this summer, they have stirred the pot with some alleged jetpack aliens attacking small village in Peru, then the MH370 flight being abducted by aliens, and then this Mexico mummified aliens fiasco.

Some want to believe so strongly that it has led to inability to discern truth from obvious hoaxes, and it goes to the point of almost insanity. I feel sorry for these people, yet I believe they'd think the same about any of us sceptical ones.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
I mean, you know how Christians et al ascribe all the things that we (well, they) can't possibly fathom/understand/comprehend to God(s)?

Is it not entirely possible that whatever 'state' the alien is, is so far removed from how we conceptualise biological life that the rules that apply to us don't apply to them? Given the vastness of space and the unlikelihood that we're alone, maybe there's something out there so completely removed from us that it can survive those sort of feats. Certainly to get to Earth and do the things they supposedly do, they'd have to be pretty removed from our current state, if we are to assume we're the most advanced biological thing that we know of.
They could freeze themselves like in some movies. Cryonics is viable to overcome space travel, Alien ETC

The Firestarter

Maybe, though we don't know if that is even possible. It's like wormholes. We can imagine it being feasible, but it's also possible it's literally not possible to do.
I am not sure how wormholes would reconcile with the second law of thermodynamics. Its entirely possible they can't exist.

dinostar77

https://spotify.link/iQxgmGgq0Db

The largest acknowledged UFO investigation ever funded by the US government (AAWSAP) was overseen by the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA). The two men who managed the overall objectives and the day to day operations of AAWSAP, veteran intelligence analyst and rocket scientist Dr. James Lacatski and his colleague Dr. Colm Kelleher, helped compile the most comprehensive UFO database ever assembled. Among those 200,000 UFO cases and incidents were some stunning, seemingly inexplicable demonstrations of technology that appeared far more advanced than anything known to exist on Earth. In this episode, Lacatski and Kelleher spill details about the physics and engineering of UFO technology and shared a blockbuster revelation about a mysterious craft of unknown origin.

Plastic Evra

Isn't it more the other way around? The classic 'little grey men' in popular fiction are based off what aliens we've supposedly found look like, so if even one of those earlier claims were accurate then it stands to reason that any further finds will probably look the same (unless we have multiple different alien species visiting).
The interplay is a little more obscure than that. Small greys are now the common go to but you also have reptilians and the so called "Nordics" variations that were hugely common in the 70s and still are now, there's definitely trends and how they shape or are shaped by popular depiction is a major question mark. Likewise the shapes and forms of the alien equipment you see featured in testimonies.

Last edited:

dinostar77

If you have any sort of interest in the UAP stuff, the episode of weaponized i linked in a previous post is a must listen.

Dr Lactaski was allowed to say some stuff in the record, one of those being that USA are in possession of a craft of unknown origin and they finally managed to get inside. Also they have no clue as to how it operates or what powers it as it isnt like any aircraft they've ever seen.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Isn't he the Skinwalker Ranch guy? Not the most credible source, IMO.

"He was allowed" to say some stuff because he's not actually revealing anything that actually happened.

Plastic Evra

Dr Lactaski
He also insists on how good calcium is for bones ?

Isn't he the Skinwalker Ranch guy? Not the most credible source, IMO.

"He was allowed" to say some stuff because he's not actually revealing anything that actually happened.
Yeah that's him "Dr. James Lacatski, former Defense Intelligence Agency program manager & AAWSAP coordinator" including a bunch of looking into the ranch.

dinostar77

Yeah that's him "Dr. James Lacatski, former Defense Intelligence Agency program manager & AAWSAP coordinator" including a bunch of looking into the ranch.
Not sure how much more credible you could get. The fact he going on the record to say, we have a vehicle of somekind from elsewhere and we finally got inside

That alone is much more than we've ever got before. I completely get the "well show us then, show us the proof". But thats not going to happen. If they dont understand it and are trying to workout how to exploit it/back engineer it. Last thing you want is to give you adversaries knowledge of its working.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
I don't believe in ghosts, and I don't believe any of these recent "revelations" are true either. Like ghosts, it is all too easy to say these things knowing it will never be proven true or false as long as the imagination of people runs wild.

Plastic Evra

Not sure how much more credible you could get. The fact he going on the record to say, we have a vehicle of somekind from elsewhere and we finally got inside

That alone is much more than we've ever got before. I completely get the "well show us then, show us the proof". But thats not going to happen. If they dont understand it and are trying to workout how to exploit it/back engineer it. Last thing you want is to give you adversaries knowledge of its working.
US Government had its share of kook programs built on dubious basis and / or not going anywhere. The whole show put by the previous batch of "insiders" that made the To The Stars Academy (Elizondo and co, which are the same class) were also, in my opinion, making claims that ultimately didn't amount to the grand promises they started with (we got the so called tic tac videos and, as far as I know, not much else).

There's also a pattern, not just in the US, of UFO claims from former government employed persons (I believe Russia, Israel at least, that's two I remember recent examples of) that rarely gets substantiated.

While his credentials are less shaky than Lazar and many past ones (all the people claiming to be part of the Secret Space Program), I don't think it's a silver bullet argument either.

At last, we just went through the US Government claiming seriously for months that a Chinese weather balloon was a spying operation or large swathes of US intelligence agencies + some politicians going to bat for a mysterious microwave gun used on their diplomats (despite very weak grounds, scientifically). Disinfo is also an option.

I don't want to discard it out of hand but "we have a UFO in Area 51 (or insert AFB here)" in itself is one very old claim that was made many times. I'll wait more corroboration or material evidence before being excited.

Last edited:

dinostar77

US Government had its share of kook programs built on dubious basis and / or not going anywhere. The whole show put by the previous batch of "insiders" that made the To The Stars Academy (Elizondo and co, which are the same class) were also, in my opinion, making claims that ultimately didn't amount to the grand promises they started with (we got the so called tic tac videos and, as far as I know, not much else).

There's also a pattern, not just in the US, of UFO claims from former government employed persons (I believe Russia, Israel at least, that's two I remember recent examples of) that rarely gets substantiated.

While his credentials are less shaky than Lazar and many past ones (all the people claiming to be part of the Secret Space Program), I don't think it's a silver bullet argument either.

At last, we just went through the US Government claiming seriously for months that a Chinese weather balloon was a spying operation or large swathes of US intelligence agencies + some politicians going to bat for a mysterious microwave gun used on their diplomats (despite very weak grounds, scientifically). Disinfo is also an option.

I don't want to discard it out of hand but "we have a UFO in Area 51 (or insert AFB here)" in itself is one very old claim that was made many times. I'll wait more corroboration or material evidence before being excited.
I get where you are coming from. I understand why people in general want hard evidence that can be scientifically tested.

However if you listen to the likes of Jim Semivan (ex-AATIP) they can't begin to connect the dots. because they don't have the dots or know what the dots look like. I think its interesting that people involved in researching 'the phenomena' have all come to the same conclusion; that you can't seperate the 'nuts n bolts' from the 'woo'. How do you scientifically measure the woo?

Travis Taylor thinks the 'woo' is physics that we just dont understand at present.

I also find it curious that the likes of luiz elizondo, nick cook, bob bigalow, jacque vallee, etc all started with the nuts n bolts approach and have ended up at looking at Consciousness as a fundamental as part of the equation.

Jim Semivan made a interesting comment that cutting edge research into consciousness, is suggesting its 'non-local". Which is a really interesting idea.

Luiz elizondo said he thinks the answer lies somewhere "at the nexus between quatum mechanics and consciousness".

Seeing as we know more about the world of quantum mechanics than consciousness. I don't expect any answers anytime soon. If the 'woo' is follows physics that we dont understand. I dont expect any amswers anytime soon.Producing hard evidence from any of this maybe even tougher.

If Dr Lataski is telling the truth and they have a craft from elsewhere. We might never find out more about it without those who have access to it understanding the woo and consciousness first.

Anyway, thats all speculation, its a fun and interesting subject matter, that i think is way beyond human understanding at present.

Plastic Evra

I get where you are coming from. I understand why people in general want hard evidence that can be scientifically tested.

However if you listen to the likes of Jim Semivan (ex-AATIP) they can't begin to connect the dots. because they don't have the dots or know what the dots look like. I think its interesting that people involved in researching 'the phenomena' have all come to the same conclusion; that you can't seperate the 'nuts n bolts' from the 'woo'. How do you scientifically measure the woo?

Travis Taylor thinks the 'woo' is physics that we just dont understand at present.

I also find it curious that the likes of luiz elizondo, nick cook, bob bigalow, jacque vallee, etc all started with the nuts n bolts approach and have ended up at looking at Consciousness as a fundamental as part of the equation.

Jim Semivan made a interesting comment that cutting edge research into consciousness, is suggesting its 'non-local". Which is a really interesting idea.

Luiz elizondo said he thinks the answer lies somewhere "at the nexus between quatum mechanics and consciousness".

Seeing as we know more about the world of quantum mechanics than consciousness. I don't expect any answers anytime soon. If the 'woo' is follows physics that we dont understand. I dont expect any amswers anytime soon.Producing hard evidence from any of this maybe even tougher.

If Dr Lataski is telling the truth and they have a craft from elsewhere. We might never find out more about it without those who have access to it understanding the woo and consciousness first.

Anyway, thats all speculation, its a fun and interesting subject matter, that i think is way beyond human understanding at present.
I have a really difficult time with the Vallée / consciousness approach, always felt it was an ad hoc solution or a sidestepping of not meeting the material burden of proof or the consistency you'd expect from a phenomenon (I'm being very reductive here). That plus the history of the field littered with hoax and subpar research.

Edit : I feel if you go to the full "paranormal" end of the phenomenon being immaterial and psychological, you're basically a step away from it being... Well, just projections and fantasies from people. The sociological / humanities explanations have a leg up in being the less complicated and plausible explanation for it.

I haven't dug deep in the claims of the man you mention but as I understand, he mentions a craft (or hull) of unknown origin with no systems, control or engine and he refused to elaborate further.

My broad takeaway from the developments of the last decade or so is that the US military, at least on some level, have some interest in the field and have met -especially in the air force- situations where they can't nail down an explanation. It's worthwhile but not too far off where we were in the late forties and fifties and since then.

Last edited:

dinostar77

I have a really difficult time with the Vallée / consciousness approach, always felt it was an ad hoc solution or a sidestepping of not meeting the material burden of proof or the consistency you'd expect from a phenomenon (I'm being very reductive here). That plus the history of the field littered with hoax and subpar research.

Edit : I feel if you go to the full "paranormal" end of the phenomenon being immaterial and psychological, you're basically a step away from it being... Well, just projections and fantasies from people. The sociological / humanities explanations have a leg up in being the less complicated and plausible explanation for it.

I haven't dug deep in the claims of the man you mention but as I understand, he mentions a craft (or hull) of unknown origin with no systems, control or engine and he refused to elaborate further.

My broad takeaway from the developments of the last decade or so is that the US military, at least on some level, have some interest in the field and have met -especially in the air force- situations where they can't nail down an explanation. It's worthwhile but not too far off where we were in the late forties and fifties and since then.
Its well worth listening to Jim Semivan talk, an interesting chap. Especially as how the scientific method that we rely on to understand our universe may not work with this phenomenon. Semivan explains it in a sensible way.

Also i tend to agree i dont think personally we are too far down the line from the 40s and 50s. We didnt understand then and it seems we still dont understand now. In another 200 years we may still be at the level of day in understanding.

Last edited: