UAP - Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon

nimic

something nice
Scout
There is one glaring error in discrediting him. This isn't a rando off the steet.
Surely the last few years have shown us that past (or current) credentials do not insulate someone from lying or being gullible. Michael Flynn was at the highest levels of military intelligence just a decade ago, and only a few years later turned out to be a completely insane QAnon conspiracy loon, swearing that the deep state was trying to destroy the US or something.

I'm not saying this guy is Flynn, but... I don't know what he is, so I'm just going by what he's said. And he's said some pretty crazy stuff.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I just assume every one of these individuals that come forward in these situation now is just a grifter.
Well done America. You have little credibility.

Last edited:

Castia

I've been following this story and find it fascinating

To see this topic discussed in congress seems surreal and for top rated generals to be giving evidence is even more crazy

I want to believe and think there's something to the claims but ultimately until some real evidence is put forward the topic is so out there its easy to shrug off.

RedDevil@84

What I never understood that no one mentions is how the fk do mega advanced aliens with technology that defies our understanding of physics, break the speed of light to get here in super advanced craft and then crash in the fkn desert
The mechanic forgot to tighten a screw

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
What I never understood that no one mentions is how the fk do mega advanced aliens with technology that defies our understanding of physics, break the speed of light to get here in super advanced craft and then crash in the fkn desert?
That's not really the story is it?

The story is a fighter jet pilot with the most advanced technology known to man, chasing a UFO which swiftly evades him and gets out of sight, breaking the laws of physics in the process.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
He testified under oath so therefore if he was lying they can send him to jail for perjury. The whole thing was stage managed to get the "questions" onto the public record. They probably asked him these exact questions behind closed doors before the hearing.
Yeah, I get that. I’d also say (according to the guardian) he avoided answering some questions that he’d previously answered when not under oath.

Do you think that he actually said anything that could leave him open to being perjured though? Anything specific? From my perspective almost everything he said was his recollection of conversations with as yet unnamed people, which would be next to impossible to disprove. This is one of the things that has made me a bit more suspicious. I think he’s covered his arse a bit.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
One of the biggest misconceptions of the UFO phenomenon is the presumption that these objects are NOT from our world ie the are from ALIEN origin from somewrhere out there in the Universe. I find that very UNLIKELY because of the VAST distances in space. The chance two advanced civilisations in a relative close stage of developement to find each other in the Universe is almost zero. So what are the UFO's then? Well we are definitely NOT the first advanced civilisation on this planet, may be even not the second.. so there is a possibillity these flying objects to be leftovers from a previous one wich was way more advanced than us because it is a fact that with our cuurent technology they are still a mistery for us...
Does that mean, aliens are the final frontier, but they're made in Antarctica's basement ?

RedDevil@84

One of the biggest misconceptions of the UFO phenomenon is the presumption that these objects are NOT from our world ie the are from ALIEN origin from somewrhere out there in the Universe. I find that very UNLIKELY because of the VAST distances in space. The chance two advanced civilisations in a relative close stage of developement to find each other in the Universe is almost zero. So what are the UFO's then? Well we are definitely NOT the first advanced civilisation on this planet, may be even not the second.. so there is a possibillity these flying objects to be leftovers from a previous one wich was way more advanced than us because it is a fact that with our cuurent technology they are still a mistery for us...
Or the other way round. Those creatures caught are humans and from earth, but from the future. We evolved into different kind of beings, after centuries of pollution, climate change, wars etc etc.
They conduct time travel trips for tourists to see how earth was 10000 years ago.

nimic

something nice
Scout
That's not really the story is it?

The story is a fighter jet pilot with the most advanced technology known to man, chasing a UFO which swiftly evades him and gets out of sight, breaking the laws of physics in the process.
Actually those are the specific claims of the "whistleblower" in this case. That several UFOs have crashed, and that the US government then captured several live aliens.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Or the other way round. Those creatures caught are humans and from earth, but from the future. We evolved into different kind of beings, after centuries of pollution, climate change, wars etc etc.
They conduct time travel trips for tourists to see how earth was 10000 years ago.
Dick move of them not to go 50 years further back and stop climate change from happening in the first place. Or maybe zap Hitler as a baby.

Wittmann45

Yeah, I get that. I’d also say (according to the guardian) he avoided answering some questions that he’d previously answered when not under oath.

Do you think that he actually said anything that could leave him open to being perjured though? Anything specific? From my perspective almost everything he said was his recollection of conversations with as yet unnamed people, which would be next to impossible to disprove. This is one of the things that has made me a bit more suspicious. I think he’s covered his arse a bit.
Yep, I cannot remember word for word, but he seemed to cover himself well in that regard. I also believe that anything not second hand was information he claimed to have seen in (presumably) classified reports. So, not only would he be looking to avoid perjury charges but, if anything he says is actually true, he probably also has to be vague at this point to avoid running afoul of rules and laws on classified material.

However, at one point, he did claim to have list of other people who he knows would be willing to testify in closed sessions, so he does open himself up to being found out as incredibly unreliable if he is lying about these types of things.

luke511

Dick move of them not to go 50 years further back and stop climate change from happening in the first place. Or maybe zap Hitler as a baby.
Self destruction is part of the entertainment.

Wittmann45

Yeah, and even worse, they also would potentially be cooperating in providing access to technology that may allow only the chosen few to escape this hell hole and leave the rest of us behind.

mu4c_20le

Always makes me laugh when I hear the term laws of physics. Every fecking law is arbitrary and made up by humans to better understand the world around us. So when these 'laws' are seemingly broken in front of us, we are unable to accept it.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Always makes me laugh when I hear the term laws of physics. Every fecking law is arbitrary and made up by humans to better understand the world around us. So when these 'laws' are seemingly broken in front of us, we are unable to accept it.
Umm, no. When one of the laws is broken, scientists try to figure out how and if it was actually broken, and what is actually happening. That's what science is. Obviously they're arbitrary, and the entire point of them is to explain the world around us. That doesn't mean there's nothing there.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
So, for their super secretive program that only a handful of people EVER witnessed (I think Bob claimed only about 20 people worked on the program), by Bob's own story, the US government hired an individual who had not been working in any related scientific field for half a decade, didn't have a PhD, and didn't have any published papers. In the best case scenario, Bob has to explain why the US government hired him instead of any of the millions of better qualified candidates out there. He doesn't explain any of this, and simply admits he wasn't necessarily qualified but claims that he was kind of an outside the box thinker. In the worst case scenario, which I believe, Bob has to explain why the US government would ever hire a community college graduate with extreme, extreme security risks (owns brothel, in dire financial situation - basically giving super secret information to a guy who is more likely than anyone to sell that info to the press).
This type of character background would struggle to get a Secret clearance let alone TS/SCI, Yankee White, Atomic, and so forth. He marks numerous boxes of a potential insider threat, spillage, espionage, etc.

MrMarcello

His claims are patently absurd. Individually some of them don't seem so bad for an ufo believer, but put them together and it's obvious he's not credible. Here are some of his claims:

- the US has several crashed/landed spaceships (with alien bodies in them), that the US is reverse-engineering and giving the technology to industry
- the aliens might be inter-dimensional beings
- the US government captured live aliens
- Russia and China are also in on this
- Aliens have murdered humans (and some of them are evil)
- the aliens have spaceships that are bigger on the inside than the outside (he didn't say this, but his lawyer did)
- the Vatican helped the US transfer a spaceship from Italy to the US during WW2
- the US government has an agreement with the aliens (but not the president, who doesn't get to know any of this)

So there's a massive conspiracy that would shake the world to its core... and yet the authorities are apparently perfectly fine with a former intelligence official revealing what must surely be top secret information. They reviewed his claims (as they do) , and basically said "this is fine, none of this is classified".
Vibes me like some sort of misdirection by the government to the media and public. Is there something else going on the government wants the media and public to be consumed with to ignore another thing or two?

Last edited:

MrMarcello

This would have made for an excellent Outer Limits episode.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Vibes me like some sort of misdirection by the government to the media and public. Is there something else going on the government wants the media and public to be consumed with to ignore another thing or two?
I wouldn’t put it past the govt to do that kind of thing, but I don’t think the current administration is really in charge of this process.

PepG

Supports
Ajax
Its a cool idea but as Stephen Hawking proved time travel is not possible, especially in the past. In my opinion wich of course is not based on facts these UFOs are probably probes of some sort left to check and maintain the balance and the course of this planet. They are running with the help of AI and possibly robots only interested in their task so no wonder why the UFOs are actually NOT interested in contact with humans. All stories of contacts and communication with some kind of nonhuman beings are FAKE.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Do you really think the current GOP would go along with the Biden Administration to cover up something, they're more likely to claim these aliens are flocking across the southern border than that happening!

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
Saying it should be statistically common and citing the Drake equation is missing the point.
We know of one planet with life, we could be the only one to have life, its possible and all we know for definite right now. Even the discovery of fossilised microbial life on Mars for example would change everything! We would know for a fact that life hadn't just happened on earth, opening up the entire universe to that statistical likelihood.
My take on the Drake Equation was for intelligent life. The real issue is, what do we mean by Life.
Is it simply single cell microbial life such as bacteria, which may well be relatively common.
Or is it multi cell complex lifeforms which may well be quite rare.

And are we correct in our assumption that, in order to have life, you have to have water.

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
My take on the Drake Equation was for intelligent life. The real issue is, what do we mean by Life.
Is it simply single cell microbial life such as bacteria, which may well be relatively common.
Or is it multi cell complex lifeforms which may well be quite rare.

And are we correct in our assumption that, in order to have life, you have to have water.
In an infinite universe, the likelihood is life that we would not recognise as life probably exists. But because Earth is the only planet to have life, which requires water to survive it's the only way we can search... The search is already looking for a needle in a haystack, but searching for life in a form we have no understanding of is like asking you to search for the needle in a haystack but actually it's not a needle, and I'm not going to tell you what it is or what it looks like.

Laurencio

I think the lack of a reaction is because this is still just a few guys saying they are right. I mean Grusch had two known bullshitters sitting behind him the whole time, it doesn't really add much credence. The other two witnesses didn't reveal any groundbreaking revelations either.
Any other topic this would be huge, but UFOs and aliens is a widely ridiculed topic - the media and people don't know how to deal with it. If you cut away the alien stuff it becomes clear how serious this stuff is.

A select group of career bureaucrats have siphoned billions of dollars from the defense department budget into an illegal SAP project. The project and its activities has been kept secret from Congress and the president. They have used their influence and position within the military to have the military act as a private secutity force in protecting the project. The people behind the project has threatened, destroyed careers, hurt and murdered people to avoid congressional oversight. When exercising their oversight authority Congress has been met with resistance and unparalleled restrictions.

That is kind of huge. The whole alien angle is interesting, but it is also a bit of a distraction. If just half of that is accurate, this is a pretty big deal.

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I don't think this is an established fact of physics.
No it isn't. But I am not sure that makes much difference really because the visible universe is so incredibly massive, maybe 100bn LY, there are more than enough galaxies with more than enough stars for that not to matter.

But being realistic, scientists have said that we should focus on our Milky Way galaxy. And more realistically on Stars within about 25 LY from our planet due to the enormous distance needed to travel.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
there’s no such thing as stars as the sky is just wallpaper.

UpWithRivers

So aliens who have the ability and technology to travel millions of light years to visit then crash when they get here………
seems plausible they would be that incompetent with the parallel parking
I've been saying this to anyone that will listen for years. But I just had a realization. What if these aliens are technologically say 1000 years ahead of us. They have weapons, ai, craft etc far superior. But the technology to bend space/time or however they are getting here from light years away is still in its infancy. So they can just about form a wormhole but going through fks with their tech. So although far superior its a magnitude of difficulty to perform this space/time transition and mistakes are made and they crash. Maybe they can even download from their bodies so if they do die they just wake up in another body. Sounds nuts. But its the only explanation I can coe up with.

stevoc

So aliens who have the ability and technology to travel millions of light years to visit then crash when they get here………
seems plausible they would be that incompetent with the parallel parking
To be fair we have the technology to travel tens of thousands of miles across Earth by Road, Rail, Sea and Air yet things crash all the time.

Plus the Aliens reverse camera probably wasn't working that day.

Simbo

I've been saying this to anyone that will listen for years. But I just had a realization. What if these aliens are technologically say 1000 years ahead of us. They have weapons, ai, craft etc far superior. But the technology to bend space/time or however they are getting here from light years away is still in its infancy. So they can just about form a wormhole but going through fks with their tech. So although far superior its a magnitude of difficulty to perform this space/time transition and mistakes are made and they crash. Maybe they can even download from their bodies so if they do die they just wake up in another body. Sounds nuts. But its the only explanation I can coe up with.
Bit like the uncontacted/isolated tribes on earth. Worldwide policy is to leave them alone, not interfere at all. But some idiots do still go on rare occasions or shipwreck on their island.

dinostar77

In an infinite universe, the likelihood is life that we would not recognise as life probably exists. But because Earth is the only planet to have life, which requires water to survive it's the only way we can search... The search is already looking for a needle in a haystack, but searching for life in a form we have no understanding of is like asking you to search for the needle in a haystack but actually it's not a needle, and I'm not going to tell you what it is or what it looks like.
We are starting to find or think there is water all over our solar system:

Oceans on: europa, enceledus, ganymede

Water potentially on: ceres, callisto, mars, dione, titan, pluto, charon.

Not enough data but they think maybe: Mimas, triton, titania, oberan, umbriel, tethys, rhea, lapetus.

We know theres some water on poles of mercury. Water vapour has been spotted high in atmosphere of neptune and uranus.

It just goes to show theres so much we dont know about our solar system. Also its potentially great for us, as we need places with some form of water, so we can build bases for jumping off points for exploration.

Im looking forward to the mission to neptune, not sure if NASA confirmed it. I think if its timed right they can get a flyby of Uranus on the way to Neptune. Seeing how much new data Pluto yielded, getting up to date data and pictures of Uranus and Neptune and some of their moons would be so cool.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
No it isn't. But I am not sure that makes much difference really because the visible universe is so incredibly massive, maybe 100bn LY, there are more than enough galaxies with more than enough stars for that not to matter.
There is a big difference.
An infinitely big one.

RedDevil@84

Nope. Hollywood has taught us again and again that you don't mess with time. It has worse consequences.
Besides, it is brave of you to assume that they don't like their present. Maybe they love it. And would change nothing in the past.