Liverpool a - - - - League Cup Quarter Final
West Brom a - - - Juventus a
Man City h - - - - Fulham h
West Ham a - - -Nordsjælland h
Sunderland a - - -International
None - - - - - - -International

Drifter

American
Gills possible appointment as Uefa Executive seems to be working already , Draw looks easy on paper , but we all know how that can go.

Mersault

At the risk of doing what we did last season and totally underestimate our opponents in Europe...eh...I'm tempted to think that our midfield can cope with the group stages if we were to sign a midfielder in January.

Unless Carrick gets injured of course

Denis' cuff

another from an idiot at Bluemoon.

Before we play Arsenal in the league we play Real Madrid
Before we play Chelsea in the league we play Real Madrid
Before we play the rags in the league we play Dortmund

Coincidence? I think not. We are being shafted.
:lol:

We had a tough run in 99, the dippers when they won it and Chav$ didn't have an easy run either. So, no rhyme or reason to it, really. Still, it'll be nice to see Mancini struggle with their threadbare squad.

Crustanoid

another from an idiot at Bluemoon.

Before we play Arsenal in the league we play Real Madrid
Before we play Chelsea in the league we play Real Madrid
Before we play the rags in the league we play Dortmund

Coincidence? I think not. We are being shafted.
They should count themselves lucky they're anywhere near the CL rather than moaning. It's like a worthless crackhead squatting someone else's house and moaning about the decoration

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I'm pleased with the draw, could have been a lot worse.
Hate Galatasaray so hope we put a few past them, fancy us and Braga to qualify
Well I should certainly hope so! :lol:

Travelling aside it's as comfortable as it gets.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
Good draw for us and we should be able to progress rather easily. Though we did all think that this time last year as well, so hopefully the team has learnt from that and we put our strong teams until we are confirmed to be moving on.

Group D could be rather interesting, with Real Madrid, Man City and Dortmund all strong. Whoever misses out will be rather disappointed.

Kaos

Good draw for us and we should be able to progress rather easily. Though we did all think that this time last year as well, so hopefully the team has learnt from that and we put our strong teams until we are confirmed to be moving on.

Group D could be rather interesting, with Real Madrid, Man City and Dortmund all strong. Whoever misses out will be rather disappointed.
No, I'm sure they'd be elated.

VoetbalWizard

dortmund finished last in their group last year which consisted of arsenal, Marseilles, and Olympiakos. LAST. This isn't the dortmund of 97.

Now they've lost Kagawa. They are a pretty team with lots of talent that knows their domestic league but are out of their depth in europe.

Similar to us in the early to mid 90's when we first started playing in the CL.

The more I think about it Dortmund have no chance in that group IMO. I wouldn't be surprised if Ajax finished ahead of them.

Liam147

On Probation
Not that I'm complaining, but it wouldn't be a UCL draw without Chelsea having that team you'd never heard of before.

Good draw for us. Two very straight forward ties, with a pretty (potentially) nasty one in Turkey. Never know what'll happen there.

But let's be honest, the only thing better about this draw than our group, is City's :lol:

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
Good thing is after the two away trips to Shakthar & Juve Chelsea have United & City.

But after our away trips we have Newcastle away & Aston Villa away, which could be a problem.

Between Nov 21st & Dec 8th City will face Real Madrid (h), Chelsea (a), Wigan (a), Everton (h), Dortmund (a) & Manchester United (h). Should be a testing period for them.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Arsenal beat Braga 6 - 0 a couple of years back. Shouldn't be too hard if we don't act like twats again this year.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
Good thing is after the two away trips to Shakthar & Juve Chelsea have United & City.

But after our away trips we have Newcastle away & Aston Villa away, which could be a problem.

Between Nov 21st & Dec 8th City will face Real Madrid (h), Chelsea (a), Wigan (a), Everton (h), Dortmund (a) & Manchester United (h). Should be a testing period for them.
Just had a look at our month after Braga at home on Oct 23:

1. Chelsea - A Oct 28
  2. League Cup - ? Oct 31
  3. Arsenal - H Nov 03
  4. Braga - A Nov 07
  5. Villa - A Nov 10
  6. Norwich - A Nov 17
  7. Galatasaray - A Nov 20

It will be a pretty tough month that. If we get drawn away in the LC it will be only1 home match out of 7 and that's against the Arse!

Liam147

On Probation
I don't know where you are all getting good draw from, that is a dream draw as far as im concerned. We could not have reasonably dreamed for any better.

Surely we cannot fail to qualify from that group.
I'd say it's ever so slightly harder than last season. That should have been 6/6. We should top the group, but after last season, I think most people are looking to express a tinge of uncertainty that we didn't have last year.

IanDangerously

Cluj booked :cool:

7 hours on a fecking train FFS, last time i let my mate book it :D
Should be a good trip that. It's a nice city.

Braga too ain't half bad.
Going Braga. Gonna do my upmost best to get to Cluj. Anybody got any routes yet? Hard place to get too!

Braga £62 return from Stansted. Fly to Porto, train to Braga 15 euro!
I'm sure Cluj and Braga will be fun lads, but for me it's all about Istanbul. Nothing in this group or any other will match that atmosphere inside Turk Telekom Arena when United run out there in November.

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
Just had a look at our month after Braga at home on Oct 23:

1. Chelsea - A Oct 28
  2. League Cup - ? Oct 31
  3. Arsenal - H Nov 03
  4. Braga - A Nov 07
  5. Villa - A Nov 10
  6. Norwich - A Nov 17
  7. Galatasaray - A Nov 20

It will be a pretty tough month that. If we get drawn away in the LC it will be only1 home match out of 7 and that's against the Arse!
That will be a good test. But your assumption being we win in the 3rd Round of the LC. Still it will be a test definitely.

apotheosis

O'Fortuna
I'd say it's ever so slightly harder than last season. That should have been 6/6. We should top the group, but after last season, I think most people are looking to express a tinge of uncertainty that we didn't have last year.
Yes probably right there Liam, and i think we suffered from taking it a bit too lightly. With that in mind, i fully expect a generally stronger line up in the group stages, than many of the 'lucky dip selections' we seemed to be treated to last season! :)

DevilRed

I know it's Old Trafford, but it's in between Liverpool and Tottenham, three days after Scousers and three days before Tottenham.

Anything can happen against Newcastle.
As long as its OT we should be fine, but you just know that ba, cisse, cabaye etc. are going to play their bollocks off against us.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Aye, teams like Newcastle have different priorities.

They play Norwich at home one day before we play Liverpool, and after the game at Old Trafford they have Reading away.