UEFA Champions League Group Stage Draw 2012/13

wr8_utd

:'(
United have LFC, CFC, Newcastle, Villa, City aways and QPR home following European ties. Bloody hell.

Good news is that City will be in Dortmund before the Derby.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Code:
| 15-09, 15.00 | Wigan         |   H   | Premier League 04    |   :   |
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]| 19-09, 19.45 | Galatasaray   |   H   | Champions League GS1 |   :   |[/COLOR]
| 23-09, 13.30 | Liverpool     |   A   | Premier League 05    |   :   |
| xx-09, xx.xx | TBD           |   -   | League Cup R3        |   :   |
| 29-09, 17.30 | Tottenham     |   H   | Premier League 06    |   :   |
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]| 02-10, 19.45 | CFR Cluj      |   A   | Champions League GS2 |   :   |[/COLOR]
| 07-10, 16.00 | Newcastle     |   A   | Premier League 07    |   :   |
| 20-10, 15.00 | Stoke City    |   H   | Premier League 08    |   :   |
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]| 23-10, 19.45 | SC Braga      |   H   | Champions League GS3 |   :   |[/COLOR]
| 28-10, 16.00 | Chelsea       |   A   | Premier League 09    |   :   |
| 03-11, 12.45 | Arsenal       |   H   | Premier League 10    |   :   |
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]| 07-11, 19.45 | SC Braga      |   A   | Champions League GS4 |   :   |[/COLOR]
| 10-11, 17.30 | Aston Villa   |   A   | Premier League 11    |   :   |
| 17-11, 17.30 | Norwich       |   A   | Premier League 12    |   :   |
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]| 20-11, 19.45 | Galatasaray   |   A   | Champions League GS5 |   :   |[/COLOR]
| 24-11, 15.00 | QPR           |   H   | Premier League 13    |   :   |
| 28-11, 20.00 | West Ham      |   H   | Premier League 14    |   :   |
| 01-12, xx.xx | Reading       |   A   | Premier League 15    |   :   |
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]| 05-12, 19.45 | CFR Cluj      |   H   | Champions League GS6 |   :   |[/COLOR]
| 08-12, xx.xx | Man City      |   A   | Premier League 16    |   :   |
It doesn't look that bad, hope we get nine points from the first three games.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
United have LFC, CFC, Newcastle, Villa, City aways and QPR home following European ties. Bloody hell.

Good news is that City will be in Dortmund before the Derby.
We blame the league for this, but the fixtures are made before the CL draw. Uefa then decide when their games are played. It doesn't seem fair but it just tough. The only fair thing would be for all CL teams games to be cancelled before away games or played on Friday before. PL would not agree to that as we are a big TV draw.

pauldyson1uk

this is maybe the best post in Bluemoons's CL Draw thread.

The Rags can rest players for more important league games when they are playing Europe's equivalent of The Dog and Duck. Their group looks even easier than the one they somehow failed to qualify from last year.
We will have to go all out in every game to try to qualify from the group of death. It will no doubt impact on our league form.
I can't understand anybody actually wanting a hard draw in a cup competition.
You want nice holidays and days out? Then join the fecking Women's Institute or the caravan club. I want my team to win, I don't give two shiny shits about smoking skunk in Amsterdam or getting pissed in Germany

kps88

Code:
| 15-09, 15.00 | Wigan         |   H   | Premier League 04    |   :   |
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]| 19-09, 19.45 | Galatasaray   |   H   | Champions League GS1 |   :   |[/COLOR]
| 23-09, 13.30 | Liverpool     |   A   | Premier League 05    |   :   |
| xx-09, xx.xx | TBD           |   -   | League Cup R3        |   :   |
| 29-09, 17.30 | Tottenham     |   H   | Premier League 06    |   :   |
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]| 02-10, 19.45 | CFR Cluj      |   A   | Champions League GS2 |   :   |[/COLOR]
| 07-10, 16.00 | Newcastle     |   A   | Premier League 07    |   :   |
| 20-10, 15.00 | Stoke City    |   H   | Premier League 08    |   :   |
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]| 23-10, 19.45 | SC Braga      |   H   | Champions League GS3 |   :   |[/COLOR]
| 28-10, 16.00 | Chelsea       |   A   | Premier League 09    |   :   |
| 03-11, 12.45 | Arsenal       |   H   | Premier League 10    |   :   |
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]| 07-11, 19.45 | SC Braga      |   A   | Champions League GS4 |   :   |[/COLOR]
| 10-11, 17.30 | Aston Villa   |   A   | Premier League 11    |   :   |
| 17-11, 17.30 | Norwich       |   A   | Premier League 12    |   :   |
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]| 20-11, 19.45 | Galatasaray   |   A   | Champions League GS5 |   :   |[/COLOR]
| 24-11, 15.00 | QPR           |   H   | Premier League 13    |   :   |
| 28-11, 20.00 | West Ham      |   H   | Premier League 14    |   :   |
| 01-12, xx.xx | Reading       |   A   | Premier League 15    |   :   |
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]| 05-12, 19.45 | CFR Cluj      |   H   | Champions League GS6 |   :   |[/COLOR]
| 08-12, xx.xx | Man City      |   A   | Premier League 16    |   :   |
It doesn't look that bad, hope we get nine points from the first three games.
Yep that could have been a lot worse. Home ties before the Liverpool (who will be playing Thursday night), Chelsea and City games are all we could have asked for really.

Chabon

Home games before the trips to Anfield, the Bridge and Eastlands is a great development, can't believe we wrangled that.

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Chillin with Giggsy at the Retardment Castle
Why did Cluj go straight into our group?
Because they have a new stupid rule that means teams from the same country wont all play on the same day the same week, and there were already German teams playing on the same weekday schedule as in our group, meaning Dortmund as the only other team left couldnt join our group...

Makes a mockery of the whole idea of having a draw if you ask me.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I agree. Just draw out of one bowl and see what happens. It's rigged and annoying that the same teams tend to get through.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Imagine a bowl without seedings?

buckooo1978

anyone here go on the away to amsterdam last year - i'd bet that was great fun

great draw for us - win our first 3 then rest/rotate heavily

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
We blame the league for this, but the fixtures are made before the CL draw. Uefa then decide when their games are played. It doesn't seem fair but it just tough. The only fair thing would be for all CL teams games to be cancelled before away games or played on Friday before. PL would not agree to that as we are a big TV draw.
Well technically the Premier League could ensure that every Champions League and Europa League team plays on the Saturday before European ties, and the Sunday or Monday after European ties. There are 6 group games set out in 3 sets of two with each set having a League Cup tie in between them.

So all 7 teams could play International- -Saturday-European-Sun/Mon-League Cup-Saturday-European-Sun- -International

It's actually pretty weird that they don't

rcoobc

Because they have a new stupid rule that means teams from the same country wont all play on the same day the same week, and there were already German teams playing on the same weekday schedule as in our group, meaning Dortmund as the only other team left couldnt join our group...

Makes a mockery of the whole idea of having a draw if you ask me.
Not really. Would you honestly want Chelsea, Arsenal, United, City, Barcelona and Real Madrid to play on the same days every week? It's bad enough as it is.

If a nation has two teams in the draw, one plays on Tuesday and one on Wednesday. They make this work by dividing the draw in two.

If a nation has four teams in the draw, two play of Tuesday and two play on Wednesday. Again they make this work by dividing the draw in two.

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Seedings are fine. Teams from the same country not meeting each other in the group stages is fine.

Accomodating for the needs and wants of television companies from the different countries by making a basically semi-rigged draw that auto-completes itself after the two top seeding brackets have been drawn is not fine.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
How do we know the fixtures? Have they been announced? I cant find anything.

Also dont usual the top two seeds play each other first and last?

Bross

Noggie Pez Dispenser
Not really. Would you honestly want Chelsea, Arsenal, United, City, Barcelona and Real Madrid to play on the same days every week? It's bad enough as it is.

If a nation has two teams in the draw, one plays on Tuesday and one on Wednesday. They make this work by dividing the draw in two.

If a nation has four teams in the draw, two play of Tuesday and two play on Wednesday. Again they make this work by dividing the draw in two.
That would be impossible as those teams except City are all first seeds and thus make it into different groups playing on different days / weeks. The best teams would never play all on the same day even if they scrapped this system.

And even if they did, I wouldnt care. We see United, City, Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham all playing on the same two days every weekend without anyone complaining.

rcoobc

That would be impossible as those teams are all first seeds and thus make it into different groups playing on different days / weeks.
Well no they aren't. City aren't at least. So under your idea you could still have Chelsea, City, United, Arsenal and Barcelona on the same day.

The rules have been this way for a long time now.

rcoobc

Seedings are fine. Teams from the same country not meeting each other in the group stages is fine.

Accomodating for the needs and wants of television companies from the different countries by making a basically semi-rigged draw that auto-completes itself after the two top seeding brackets have been drawn is not fine.
Accommodating Television by keeping teams from the same country from two different halves doesn't actually affect the chances of getting any one team, or any single group. It just looks like it does.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Cluj booked :cool:

7 hours on a fecking train FFS, last time i let my mate book it :D

Jaap

Might be a good time - given last year's shambles and this year's draw - to show Europe that we are a force to be reckoned with again. 5 wins, a draw and roughly 12-16 goals would be a statement at least.

pauldyson1uk

another from an idiot at Bluemoon.

Before we play Arsenal in the league we play Real Madrid
Before we play Chelsea in the league we play Real Madrid
Before we play the rags in the league we play Dortmund

Coincidence? I think not. We are being shafted.

Maciej

Known for "good moanings" not only in the morning
Yeah, that's what Champions League means, especially if you're in Pot 2.

They'll always find a good reason to moan, that's European football, ladies and gentlemen.

AARRONB06

Going Braga. Gonna do my upmost best to get to Cluj. Anybody got any routes yet? Hard place to get too!

Braga £62 return from Stansted. Fly to Porto, train to Braga 15 euro!

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
another from an idiot at Bluemoon.

Before we play Arsenal in the league we play Real Madrid
Before we play Chelsea in the league we play Real Madrid
Before we play the rags in the league we play Dortmund

Coincidence? I think not. We are being shafted.
Jesus.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Do we really want to see them concentrating all their energy and resources on the League after Christmas?
I expect City will go through as runners-up, and hopefully draw Barcelona :lol:

Agree with sympathising with Dortmund - they get themselves into the competition with hard work, developing players, great management and even better fan support, only to get drawn against two of the biggest spenders in European football :(

Also, not only do I expect us to win the group, I want us go through with a 100% win record - really make a statement after last year.

Irwinwastheking

Gimpier than Alex and Feeky
I expect City will go through as runners-up, and hopefully draw Barcelona :lol:

Agree with sympathising with Dortmund - they get themselves into the competition with hard work, developing players, great management and even better fan support, only to get drawn against two of the biggest spenders in European football :(

Also, not only do I expect us to win the group, I want us go through with a 100% win record - really make a statement after last year.
Would be sweet, and really we should be aiming for that.