UEFA Champions League Quarter-final Draw | Man City v Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 101472

Is there any United fan wanting Liverpool to go through? The prospect of “6 times la” frightens me to my core.

Semiarty

Supports
FC Barcelona
Just in case Barca has to meat either of Liverpool/City in semi final, I would rather Liverpool got through since I believe they would be easier to deal with rather than City. Other than that, there are no easy teams left, so whatever. Was kinda hoping for Madrid though.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Based on what exactly? The fluky 4-3 win the had at anfield this season? City will smash them. People forget that while Liverpool's front 3 are very good the rest of their squad are bang average. I suspect Pep knows this too and will go for the kill in the first leg, i think City will take a couple of away goals with them to the Etihad.
Pep's away game approach and record in the CL is not exactly best characterized with "go for the kill"

togg

Is there any United fan wanting Liverpool to go through? The prospect of “6 times la” frightens me to my core.
I'd be quite surprised if there was. They surely are the number one nemsis. The one Ferguson worked so hard to knock off the perch. With City winning....well, it's annoying, but they've got the funds. Liverpool haven't spent particularly big, so if they won...it would be a pretty great achievement for the team and manager and the noise from their fans would grate a helluva lot more!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's not a fix, but sometimes makes you wonder, when English clubs dominated Champions League like they did in the mid to late 00's, 3 English clubs regularly in the Champions League semi-finals, UEFA kicked up a fuss, they've not done it with the recent success of the Spanish teams.
How did the kick up a fuss? What did they actually do that prevented English clubs from continuing that domination?

TAA

Supports
liverpool
The worst possible draw. i would much rather play barca or Madrid then city. I feel we have a better chance with those then city. We are back into the CL but havent really faced a big European team team which is rather disappointing

I do fear for our defence and just hope . sane, silver, bruyne, kun and kompany have a shocker

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Given the choice, i'd rather get knocked out by Sevilla than Bayern, given the history between the two. plus, Bayern would have absolutely annihilated us.
Really? Can’t see that reasoning at all. That was humiliating on Tuesday and such a low point for the club. We would most likely have been beaten, but that’s not the point. You can’t be scared of the fight.

Red Star One

Feck me, I might be getting the scouse lover badge again but I’m not ashamed to hope City lose this one. Liverpool would be out in the semis anyway.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Feck me, I might be getting the scouse lover badge again but I’m not ashamed to hope City lose this one. Liverpool would be out in the semis anyway.
Boooo. I hope you enjoy that famous European night at Anthrax or whatever it's called.

Red Star One

Boooo. I hope you enjoy that famous European night at Anthrax or whatever it's called.
Very little fecks I give about what pundits call it, but I’d love to see Pep out against a domestic team. And again, Kloppo will get battered by any semi finalist.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
It's a difficult one. The thing is, City are more capable of winning the whole thing in my opinion, so by that logic you would want Liverpool to go through as it think one of the European teams will knock them out. BUT, Liverpool going through? Oh god, it's a horrible draw!

Number1

Platini wouldn't shut up about it, IIRC.
^^
This.

Remember reading quotes like the Champions League is a European competition and shouldn't be dominated by teams from 1 country and just after these quotes, you had the scandal of Stamford Bridge, called United cheats and everything when we won it in 08.

Deleted member 101472

Really? Can’t see that reasoning at all. That was humiliating on Tuesday and such a low point for the club. We would most likely have been beaten, but that’s not the point. You can’t be scared of the fight.
It’s like going on a date with a girl you want to bang when she’s told you she’s on her period and has a phobia of blood.

Number1

No way City start as favorites against any of Bayern/Barca/Madrid. Despite their great from in the league, they have a lot to prove against the absolute best of Europe. Bayern and Barca themselves are in great form and Real Madrid come alive at this stage of the competition. City have a chance of beating any of them but they aren't favorites.
I'd have City as favioutes against any of them and so would the bookies (and they aren't often wrong).

No team is going to dominate Pep's side in possession, not even Barcelona (they won't deal well being outplayedl) and that along with the different ways City can attack will be too much for Barcelona in my opinion, unlike Madrid who wouldn't care about being outplayed, they'd be happy to just hit on the counter and with that i see them as the most capable of beating City, as for Bayern, it's not the strongest Bayern there's been recent years.

Manny

Grammar Police
I can see Liverpool going through then getting knocked out in the semis.

City are better equipped to beat the rest of the big teams still in it.

Deleted member 101472

Sevilla
Roma
Juve
Liverpool

Wonder what the odds are on those being the semi finalists

kafkawithaspirin

Supports
Liverpool
Pretty disappointing draw if I'm honest. We have a chance but certainly are not the favorites, which is not necessarily a bad thing at this stage, as long as you get to play one of the more "exotic" elite teams. Really wanted either Barca or Bayern. Playing City in a QF after avoiding all the big guns before is pretty dull.

RedCoffee

Rants that backfired
Great draw. Haven’t got a clue who I want to go through. Probably Liverpool to beat City as they have a bigger chance of flunking the semi.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Since we’re out, I couldn’t have hoped for a better QF draw. One of City and Liverpool to go, the other left in the semis with Barca, Bayern and Real.

I don’t know if this gets me my Scouse Lover badge back, but I’d rather Liverpool go through. :nervous:

broccoli

Supports
FCPorto
City are having a fantastic season but to win a CL you need experienced players. Can't see the likes of Sane and Sterling going past Messi/Suarez/Iniesta, Ribery/Robben/Lewandoski, Ronaldo/Isco/Bale etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.