Supports
FCPorto
Semis:

Barcelona x Madrid
Bayern x Liverpool

Final:

Barcelona x Bayern

Denis_unwise

Would always fancy Liverpool at Anfield in the return leg. May hurt them having to go to the Emptyhad for the second leg. Wonderful draw for us either way. One side goes out this round & the winner suffers the bitter disappointment of going out in the SF. Added bonus is Pep will likely rest players for the Derby game which will stop them taking the title against us.

BaneIsPain

First leg, Liverpool will win it but City will get away goal

Second leg,City will finish the job

I feel Liverpool will go through, Anfield on a CL night is no joke.

They pumped them by 4 goals in the league at home, the atmosphere in CL will go up another 100 notches. For the away leg i think they can get at least 2 goals.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Very happy with this draw even if it means one of them cnuts will go to the SF . They should be cracking matches regardless.
I suppose we can say that Barca and Bayern are already through

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

They pumped them by 4 goals in the league at home, the atmosphere in CL will go up another 100 notches. For the away leg i think they can get at least 2 goals.
City scored 8 and Liverpool 4 over the two games. Who pumped who?

groovyalbert

it's a mute point

Problem is, they also conceded 3. A 4-3 win again actually wouldn't be a fantastic result within a CL context.

It wouldn't surprise me if they won the first leg, but I can't see City not getting a few away goals.

Deleted member 101472

Or I’m just angry that we aren’t there?
Given the choice, i'd rather get knocked out by Sevilla than Bayern, given the history between the two. plus, Bayern would have absolutely annihilated us.

DavidDeSchmikes

"Those famous European nights at Anfield..."
"But City are creating their own history!"
"Klopp is a funny guy who enhances our lives..."
"But Pep has better clothes!"
"Pogba's a waste of space."
"Pogba is not worth £100million"
"Mourinho is not giving Rashford a chance..............on the bench for City, John Stones
"Look at Klopp/Pep shouting at the fourth official, it shows he cares"
"In some ways they are both winners"

IRELANDUNITED

You are not. I fancy Kloppo to kick out those feckers.
Based on what exactly? The fluky 4-3 win the had at anfield this season? City will smash them. People forget that while Liverpool's front 3 are very good the rest of their squad are bang average. I suspect Pep knows this too and will go for the kill in the first leg, i think City will take a couple of away goals with them to the Etihad.

RedDevil@84

Very disappointing draw. Barca, Bayern, Real and City should go through easily, unless Juve play some kind of blinder.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
City scored 8 and Liverpool 4 over the two games. Who pumped who?
Stats don't tell the whole story. They blew us away at their place and we did the same to them at Anfield for 85 minutes.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Bayern should obliterate Sevilla, Barça won't have any trouble with Rome either. I think Real will get past Juventus somehow.

Happy with our draw, we can do them but they're favourites at the moment.

Giggs86

Good draw. City-Liverpool will be close, I think Liverpool will go through.
In the semis they will have to face one of Bayern, Barca and Madrid, and if they go through they will have to face another team from that lot in the final.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Don't undestimate the effect of Anfield. Klopp could be Peps Benitez similar to how Jose high flying Chelsea just couldn't handle the atmosphere of a European night at Anfield. Mentally super tough to play in.

dogwithabone

City have no history at this level in this competition and will start this tie at Anfield behind Liverpool. Real have the quality edge over Juventus but over two legs we may have a few chances to exploit their momentary lapses. Barca and Bayern should progress quite comfortably though.

It’s a football match not a history lesson !

Think about it, how does that really matter one bit ? As City carve open Liverpool what will KDB suddenly think ‘oh sh*t we’ve never won this’ and stick the ball wide ? It’s laughable to suggest that City will be undone by Liverpool’s CL/European history ! It might get into the heads of a much lesser team but not City, they have a cluster of the finest footballers on the planet and players way too good to be weighed down by events 30 odd years ago.

juggernaut1986

You sound confident, have you seen City play this season? City would start as favorites against any of Barcelona/Madrid/Bayern or Juventus.

If Liverpool manage to get past City, that's a different story, there's always that risk of them bottling it in defense.
No way City start as favorites against any of Bayern/Barca/Madrid. Despite their great from in the league, they have a lot to prove against the absolute best of Europe. Bayern and Barca themselves are in great form and Real Madrid come alive at this stage of the competition. City have a chance of beating any of them but they aren't favorites.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
"And here's the draw for the Final, featuring Real Madrid and Barcelona..."
*fumbles*
"Real will play Darlington, and Barcelona host East Fife reserves."

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Would have much preferred to play away first. Not the greatest of draws tbh.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
That draw is as boring as it gets.

predator

Youth NITK
Surprised how many people think Liverpool will get to the semis. I think City are close favourites to win the competition tbh. I think they'll have no issues getting past liverpool.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Liverpool will knock out City.

Barcelona vs Bayern final.

I honestly believe we would've beaten Bayern.
I have my doubts that we'd have won, but I'm sure we'd have played a lot better than we did against Sevilla if we'd have just squeezed through.

We're game-raising cnuts at the moment.

Trizy

Honestly think Liverpool will notch it. Either way I'm happy that City will have to face all the toughest European clubs to reach the final.

If they beat Pool they'll play Bayern, Madrid or Barcelona in the semis and final.

RedDevil@84

City would start as favorites against any of Barcelona/Madrid/Bayern
No chance. City have been lucky that rest of the lot in PL have been pretty average. They are in no way favorites. Yes, they have a decent chance to win. But over 2 legs, I would expect Barca/Real/Bayern to prevail.
People posted about PSG in the same way. Favorites, easy finalists and what not. Real have no chance against them etc

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
So as United fans, who would we prefer to go through?

My hatred for Liverpool would make me say City, but i think City are far more quipped to win the thing, and that can't be happening.

It's a tough one.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
So as United fans, who would we prefer to go through?

My hatred for Liverpool would make me say City, but i think City are far more quipped to win the thing, and that can't be happening.

It's a tough one.
I don't think I could take any more epic poems about 'heroes rising through the mists of time', personally.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
Tough tie but in 26 previous qf matches we have only lost 4 times. If we can somehow keep a clean sheet at anfield we will have a great chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.