UEFA Champions League Quarter Final fixtures (9th - 10th, 16th - 17th April 2019)

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Can see Tottenham winning today, but then going out in the return leg. The rest is pretty much already decided, instead.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Can see Tottenham winning today, but then going out in the return leg. The rest is pretty much already decided, instead.
I think United have a slightly better chance against Barcelona than Spurs have against City, both are quite low though.

Ajax and Porto have very little chance.

If it came to Juve v City and Barca v Liverpool semifinals there would literally be no favourites though.

Ban

Liverpool will win 6:0 and City will be in awe of the new Spurs stadium thus losing 3:1.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Porto will miss Pepe and Hector Herrera tonight. I've not seen them play this season but those are key players, aren't they? Alex Telles is still doubtful as well. Liverpool is missing Robertson and probably Alexander-Arnold.

Not raising my hopes for Spurs to get something against City.

Just shoot me

Chiellini is probably going to miss the first game in Amsterdam and Ronaldo still not certain. Emre Can, Douglass are injured as well. I predict a very though evening for Juventus against Ajax. They can't rely on there impenetrable against Ziyech, Tadic and Neres.

piesel

Some problems for Juve with Can and Chiellini probably out and Ronaldo available but not sure to start.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Porto will miss Pepe and Hector Herrera tonight. I've not seen them play this season but those are key players, aren't they? Alex Telles is still doubtful as well. Liverpool is missing Robertson and probably Alexander-Arnold.

Yeah, I feel for Porto tonight. Liverpool are going to run riot, winning the game by an unearthly margin.

5-0 is my prediction.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Chiellini is probably going to miss the first game in Amsterdam and Ronaldo still not certain. Emre Can, Douglass are injured as well. I predict a very though evening for Juventus against Ajax. They can't rely on there impenetrable against Ziyech, Tadic and Neres.
Juve’s physical preparation has been a disaster, unreal number of injuries.

Chiellini is the most important player for the Ajax tie. Their defense has completely fallen apart without him this season. No confidence at all in Bonucci and Rugani stopping that Ajax attack without Chiellini.

Still not confirmed that he’s out though.

Needham

A football team being called Porto is like a hockey team being called Shitwithsticks. Easy win for Liverpool.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
I'd be real tempted to bet on Ajax against Juve if their RB wasn't out.
Don't think Mazraoui is that much better than Veltman. If anything Veltman is more solid defensively.

He's also the biggest cnut in world football.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Why are they cramming in all these fixtures? FA cup ties were also played much earlier than usual.

Paul_Scholes18

I have a feeling we will see the nightmare results to happen. Ajax, Barca, City and Liverpool to win is my prediction. Then City vs Liverpool in the final. '

Going to get up for it tomorrow though. Hopefully we can perform well against Barcelona.

PoTMS

fecking hell, still frustrates me we've drawn Barca. We would've had a better chance against literally every other team. I was hoping City or Pool would knock them out.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Doubt I've ever been more in favor of Ajax winning a tie. Well, The Madrid one comes close.

Vadim

I want Liverpool in this for as long as possible, Klopp will bottle any final.

They’ll walk the league if they’re knocked out of Europe and have nothing else to focus on.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
fecking hell, still frustrates me we've drawn Barca. We would've had a better chance against literally every other team. I was hoping City or Pool would knock them out.
I get the feeling our players enjoy being the underdog. They will raise their game and surprise everyone.

Think we're going to beat Barca tonight.

Kapardin

I want Liverpool in this for as long as possible, Klopp will bottle any final.

They’ll walk the league if they’re knocked out of Europe and have nothing else to focus on.
CL games are not as taxing as EL. And they have more depth than last season to cope.

Porto, Spurs and us winning would be just perfect. Ajax too. All the favorites defeated. If only.:drool:

Smashin

Supports
Sporting CP

Ever since Pepe joined their defense, Militão moved to RB, and they started defending alot worse.
So Militão will play as a CB which is an improvement.

The bad side is their RB alternatives are all shite.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Are Porto really that bad? No chance of an upset? They must have improved a little since last year. Each tie has a clear favourite but I'm thinking a surprise might happen. City have been playing below their level now for what seems like a fair few games (and still winning to their massive credit). Spurs will be fresher and the new stadium effect might help.
Haven't checked them out in CL, but watched some Portuguese league matches, and they were pretty good. Not a proper test, but I still doubt those 3 or 4 or 5 or 6 or 7-0 scores people have been posting.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
I think United have a slightly better chance against Barcelona than Spurs have against City, both are quite low though.

Ajax and Porto have very little chance.

If it came to Juve v City and Barca v Liverpool semifinals there would literally be no favourites though.
Fair enough. I think United can beat this Barca side. They are not that great, but when you have Messi everything can happen in just 1 second.

Supports
Ajax
I'd be real tempted to bet on Ajax against Juve if their RB wasn't out.
Tbh, there's plenty solid replacements for Mazraoui in the rear at the moment. Veltman scored against Willem II last weekend and will probably be playing. As long as he doesn't make a bad blind pass backwards as he did at times, it'll be fine. I'd say Veltman is a better defender than Mazraoui anyway (Mazraoui is more of a midfield winger with somewhat poor defense positioning).

In fact, probably a good thing since Mazraoui often forgets to check his man in standard situations like corners and free kicks, which is exactly what Juventus is quite lethal at.

Don't think Mazraoui is that much better than Veltman. If anything Veltman is more solid defensively.

He's also the biggest cnut in world football.
^ That. Veltman will always be negatively remembered for that arsehole moment pointing at an Ajax player being injured, suggesting he'd kick the ball out of bounds, then waiting for the defender to look around and then make his move.

That was just unbelievably dishonourable. I'd personally had given him a three weeks suspension for that behaviour.

Doubt I've ever been more in favor of Ajax winning a tie. Well, The Madrid one comes close.
You're not the only Feyenoord or PSV fan that feels this way. Though I heard similar things around the Ajax comeback against Schalke '04 and against Lyon. :)

In fact, praise and hopes for Ajax were heard all the way up until 1 minute before the end of the Europa League final, then the world returned to normal. :p

Last edited:

Dolf

This on paper. However, football, eh? On paper there are also always surprises. So if there would be one surprise in the quarter finals, which team would it be? I sort of fancy Porto, realistically or not, on the premise that Klopp teams tend to run out of steam end of season combined with the energy spent on the PL title run.
That’s what I thought too but it should have already happened by now yet they keep on winning.
If I have to choose one I would say Ajax but they would have to play at their peak.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Ever since Pepe joined their defense, Militão moved to RB, and they started defending alot worse.
So Militão will play as a CB which is an improvement.

The bad side is their RB alternatives are all shite.
Cheers for that.

Looking forward to check Militão out tonight, but it doesn't bode well for whoever is up against Mane.

PoTMS

Porto, Spurs and us winning would be just perfect. Ajax too. All the favorites defeated. If only.:drool:
And all four teams were the underdog in the last round and came through as winners. There's hope for us yet.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Cheers for that.

Looking forward to check Militão out tonight, but it doesn't bode well for whoever is up against Mane.
Militão might play right back if Telles is out with Maxi Pereira playing on the left. Definitely the wrong game to have important defenders out, don't think Porto have much of a chance.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
You sound confident.

I don't blame you, Liverpool will be unstoppable tonight.
I know you're just trying to jinx it or whatever but at Anfield, we haven't lost in Europe under Klopp at all and I don't see how one of the weakest teams left in the competition will suddenly turn us over. Of course every game needs to be played and I'm not saying it will be easy but it's not that I'm overly confident or anything, just realistic - we should be comfortably one, if not two tiers above them.

Whether that will reflect the gameplay and the eventual scoreline is another matter of course; I'd be happy enough with a 2-0 win or something like that, as I don't expect a 5-0 or 6-0 thrashing like I've seen some on here predict.

ninjaskill

I get the feeling our players enjoy being the underdog. They will raise their game and surprise everyone.

Think we're going to beat Barca tonight.
Doubt we beat them tonight, mainly as we play tomorrow

wythyred

I really fancy Spurs to beat Little City tonight.

Every game is a final for city at the minute and I can see Spurs having one of them games they have had in the CL in recent years where’s they step it up a level.

At 3-1 odds I’m going to put my money where my mouth is aswell.. :p

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I really fancy Spurs to beat Little City tonight.

Every game is a final for city at the minute and I can see Spurs having one of them games they have had in the CL in recent years where’s they step it up a level.

At 3-1 odds I’m going to put my money where my mouth is aswell.. :p
I'm with you, they definitely have a chance. I'm actually going to watch it over the Liverpool game as it's almost definitely going to be a more interesting match.

Really hope Spurs can put in a good shift.

Irwin99

I know City and Liverpool are streets ahead of everyone else in the prem at the moment but I do think this might be an exhausting period for both teams. A negative result could have big consequences in the other competition which is why Spurs and Porto might be dangerous. City are hardly getting out of second gear in most games but it could come back to bite them. I remember around the time we played Inter Milan in 08/09 we were winning matches but our performances were getting worse and worse culminating in losses vs Liverpool and Fulham and struggling against Spurs and Aston Villa. Fatigue will play a part.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I know you're just trying to jinx it or whatever but at Anfield, we haven't lost in Europe under Klopp at all and I don't see how one of the weakest teams left in the competition will suddenly turn us over. Of course every game needs to be played and I'm not saying it will be easy but it's not that I'm overly confident or anything, just realistic - we should be comfortably one, if not two tiers above them.

Whether that will reflect the gameplay and the eventual scoreline is another matter of course; I'd be happy enough with a 2-0 win or something like that, as I don't expect a 5-0 or 6-0 thrashing like I've seen some on here predict.

All he needs is a final to be played at Anfield.

extincti fugax hominum

We don't want Liverpool to be PL champions & City winning a quadruple so Spurs eliminating City and them focusing on the PL suit us. Also Tottenham would still be in the CL which can be hampering for them in the top 4 race hopefully. All the favorites going out at this stage would be perfect.

City with PL & EFL, Watford with the FA Cup and Liverpool & Spurs winning feck all yet again is the ideal scenario. A CL trophy in Ole's hands wouldn't be bad either :drool: but that's asking too much i suppose :D

Last edited:

andyox

Supports
Manchester City
I don't see us beating Spurs 3 times in 10 days, they'll almost certainly get a win or a draw in there somewhere. Beating them in the PL is my priority so if I had the choice I wouldn't be too unhappy with a draw or a scoring loss tonight.