UEFA Champions League Quarter Final fixtures (9th - 10th, 16th - 17th April 2019)

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The Anfield area itself looks backwards. Felt a little intimidated walking around there this past autumn.
Is everything okay? Must have been a terrible ordeal that made you walk past that place, I can't imagine anyone in their right mind going there willingly.

NoPace

I want to watch Spurs-City but avoid the Liverpool-Porto spoilers to watch after, anyone know which channels are safe or can help out otherwise in the DMs?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I want to watch Spurs-City but avoid the Liverpool-Porto spoilers to watch after, anyone know which channels are safe or can help out otherwise in the DMs?
Most broadcasts nowadays will show if a goal is scored in the other game, and at halftime show highlights from both games.

NoPace

Most broadcasts nowadays will show if a goal is scored in the other game, and at halftime show highlights from both games.
Yeah, halftime is easy to avoid, it's the announcement of goals some channels don't do. People have fecking phones now, if they want to know the score of a game they'll look it up.

I can't think of another sport that makes you choose not to watch quarter finals. It makes no sense.

Inter Yer Nan

I don't see us beating Spurs 3 times in 10 days, they'll almost certainly get a win or a draw in there somewhere. Beating them in the PL is my priority so if I had the choice I wouldn't be too unhappy with a draw or a scoring loss tonight.
I think Spurs will get something tonight but City will get what they need from the home games.

QF 1 & 2 line-ups

Sandyman

Liverpool v Porto
Liverpool:
Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Lovren, van Dijk, Milner, Henderson, Fabinho, Keita, Salah, Firmino, Mane.
Subs: Mignolet, Wijnaldum, Gomez, Sturridge, Shaqiri, Origi, Matip.

FC Porto: Casillas, Maxi Pereira, Felipe, Eder Militao, Alex Telles, Corona, Danilo Pereira, Torres, Otavio, Marega, Tiquinho Soares.
Subs: Vana, Diogo Leite, Costa, Hernani, Brahimi, Andre Pereira, Fernando.

Referee: Antonio Miguel Mateu Lahoz (Spain)

Spurs vs Man City
Tottenham:
Lloris; Trippier, Alderweireld, Vertonghen, Rose; Sissoko, Winks; Eriksen, Alli, Son; Kane. Subs: Gazzaniga, Foyth, Davies, Sanchez, Wanyama, Lucas, Llorente.

Manchester City: Ederson; Walker, Laporte, Otamendi, Delph; Fernandinho, Gundogan, D Silva; Mahrez, Aguero, Sterling. Subs: Muric, Kompany, Stones, De Bruyne, Sane, Jesus, Foden.

Referee: Bjorn Kuipers (Netherlands)

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool 4-1 Porto
Spurs 2-1 City

Rooting for a Pool/Spurs double. Let's go :drool:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Really surprised to see Oliver starting for Porto. Also a bit surprised at Brahimi being benched but he did start as a sub in their 2nd leg against Roma so it's not as surprising as Oliver starting.

Paul_Scholes18

No, you butchered it.

"Lads, it's Tottenham" is what you are looking for.
I think Spurs can get something today. They have shown better form and they could get some chances. Last time they played it was an even game between them. City won, but Spurs probably deserved a point after missing some chances.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Can't decide which game to watch. I guess Porto will lose so City/Spurs should be the interesting fixture.

Think I'll start with Pool. Once they score I'll switch over:D

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
In my dreams it'll be

0-2 to Porto

3-0 Spurs

bur then I wake up to see Liverpool and City were 3-0 up by half time.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Can't decide which game to watch. I guess Porto will lose so City/Spurs should be the interesting fixture.

Porto have the benefit of VAR potentially chalking off a couple of the offside goals the scousers will score. Their premier league victims will have to wait for next season for that to happen.

redshaw

Porto win while kicking lumps out of Liverpool and an exhausting Spurs win please.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

I'll be watching them both, one on the tele and the other on the laptop.

And they say men can't multitask.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Feck sake, Lahoz as the ref. By far and away the worst ref in Europe.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Start a CL game at what is 10 pm for most of Europe, in the middle of the week?

Bad idea.
They did all the group stages at 7pm and 9pm Western European time and that worked fine. For an institution that prioritizes money, they really missed the ball by not doing it for the QFs.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
They did all the group stages at 7pm and 9pm Western European time and that worked fine. For an institution that prioritizes money, they really missed the ball by not doing it for the QFs.
I don’t think this works so well for quarterfinals. Personally I did not like 7 pm games, way too early and did not have the right feeling - felt like warm up before proper meal. Not to mention it’s 6 pm in England which feels absurd for a mid-week game.

It has to be 9 pm to have a proper atmosphere of a big European game.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
When they do the brief burst of CL music before the ad breaks start and end on TV, I swear it sounds like the chorus is singing "Vertonghen". Check it out.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Been said many times this season but City’s bench and their depth in general is insane.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I think Spurs can get something today. They have shown better form and they could get some chances. Last time they played it was an even game between them. City won, but Spurs probably deserved a point after missing some chances.
They have chancefor sure, especially after City'ds lineup was announced.

Well, the other one is trademarked for Arsenal, isn't it? ^^
I'm pretty sure "lads, it's Tottenham" is reserved specifically for Spurs. Could be wrong.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Thanks for all the good advice pals:D

Let's see what Porto has.