UEFA Champions League Quarter Final fixtures (9th - 10th, 16th - 17th April 2019)

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Guess you have minimal knowledge of the EPL then :lol:. I'm well aware of your Cup winners Cup win 50 years ago, but the "Big 2" have won 2 European Cups each, a much much bigger achievement.

It was about Spurs never about us you started it with a snide comment and then started raging when i called your club out.
Buddy I never raged about it because I know plenty about my club and plenty about the EPL as I grew up watching both. Ya and Leicester have won the EPL before you also a much bigger achievement than anything Liverpool have done in 30 years. Also that was a cute "big 2" jibe when Liverpool has not even been one of the best 4 clubs in England besides 2x in 5 Years.

Also ya it was about Spurs but my comment was based on your simply idiotic comment about them considering that Liverpool has been a bigger joke then Spurs. You guys make your own memes thats how bad its been. Like I said get that small club shet out of here. Another trophy less season is on the way.

Also you comparing Sporting and Liverpool achievements tells me a lot about how big my club is:) Thanks for the compliment.

SportingCP96

Supports
Tough guy. Calling out clubs in Portugal and all that.

He's right. If Spurs can't be relied on, then Liverpool have been pretty useless in recent memory given their supposed and imaginary 'top club' status as well. How reliable is Livepool over the last 30 years? That could change to an extent now (not with just a trophy here and there though).

Sporting play in a smaller and have tiny resources. Don't see how they're even relevant to the discussion.
Clearly he was just trying to jibe at Sporting in an attempt to "hurt" me because I pointed out the truth about Liverpool and he clearly got bothered by facts. Facts don't care about your feelings.

As you stated Sporting aren't even relevant to this conversation because financial they are lightyears behind every top club in England as are Benfica and Porto. In fact Everton and Wolves have more financial pull than we do. That is a perk of playing in the best league in the world.

Sorry that Sporting is a Portuguese club and not an English one?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Clearly he was just trying to jibe at Sporting in an attempt to "hurt" me because I pointed out the truth about Liverpool and he clearly got bothered by facts. Facts don't care about your feelings.

As you stated Sporting aren't even relevant to this conversation because financial they are lightyears behind every top club in England as are Benfica and Porto. In fact Everton and Wolves have more financial pull than we do. That is a perk of playing in the best league in the world.

Sorry that Sporting is a Portuguese club and not an English one?
You were the first one to have a dig at Liverpool to be honest, by getting involved in a discussion between a Liverpool fan and a Tottenham one. Not to mention (i) you called us master chokers, which is not exactly true, and (ii) you said we haven't won the league in 30 years, which is simply wrong.

SportingCP96

Supports
You were the first one to have a dig at Liverpool to be honest, by getting involved in a discussion between a Liverpool fan and a Tottenham one. Not to mention (i) you called us master chokers, which is not exactly true, and (ii) you said we haven't won the league in 30 years, which is simply wrong.
I got involved because it was ironic and stupid to come at a spurs fan when Liverpool are in the state they have been for years.

Also 2013-14 was a master level choke. So that is true.

Lastly I said 30 Years..I rounded up because this year if Liverpool don't win it makes it 29 Years since you won the title. 28 years is a lot closer to 30 then it is to 20.

Nothing I said was wrong if it hurt the feelings of Liverpool fans that not my issue but Spurs and Liverpool are on the same level if we are talking about the last 10 years.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I agree with @RobinLFC don’t think is right coming with chokers conversation to them @SportingCP96 . And even better not bring Sporting to this conversation because we’re talking about 2 different realities. Let the Manchester United fans call them out and move on.

Ok you made a nice reply as expected :)

SportingCP96

Supports
I agree with @RobinLFC don’t think is right coming with chokers conversation to them @SportingCP96 . And even better not bring Sporting to this conversation because we’re talking about 2 different realities. Let the Manchester United fans call them out and move on.
I never brought Sporting to the convo because as you said they are in 2 different realities and worlds. This was about Spurs and Liverpool.

He brought up Sporting because he felt hurt.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I never brought Sporting to the convo because as you said they are in 2 different realities and worlds. This was about Spurs and Liverpool.

He brought up Sporting because he felt hurt.
Read the last sentence of the previous post, don’t worry.

Inter Yer Nan

I thought it was consensus that Liverpool are kind of the laughing stock club these days? Spend tons, fans act all high and mighty and talk about stuff 30-40 years ago whilst winning nothing apart from finishing above Everton who they have far more resources than and then bemoan how little money they have compared to the teams that finish above them. The comical nature of getting all worked up about everything, bottling it from good positions and being the biggest underachievers in the sport for longer than the internet has been a thing.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Ajax 1-1 Juventus
United 1-3 Barcelona

Two great games. Shame they're both on at the same time.

Johnny Love

Ajax 1-1 Juventus
United 1-3 Barcelona

Two great games. Shame they're both on at the same time.
I'll never understand that, wouldn't you want more people watching both games. In the later stages of a big competition shouldn't you try to have both games at separate times like they do during world cups, euro.

Hitman Harry

Supports
Liverpool
Good luck United! Should be a cracking game.

As a neutral, these are the types of games you really look forward to. Two big names going head to head.

Wulfric

Supports
Liverpool
We were the better side at Anfield, on our day we can give anybody a game, just requires everyone being fit because our backup options are dirt.
Well, depends on how you define 'better', however these stats proves it was a pretty close game: premierleague.com/match/38625
We had a decent first half and fully dominated the last 15 minutes of the game. fair enough you were the superior team in the 2nd half till you scored.
You also went fully defensive after you equalized (Poch brought in davies for moura), which proves you'd happily settle for a draw, while being in a super tight competition for CL spots.

Victims of the last-minute winner goals usually have a weird tendency to claim their team was the 'far superior team', regardless of how the game was going before the goal. shit, even Everton fans think they outplayed us when they lost at anfield.

QF 3 & 4 line-ups

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool

Ronaldo starts. Sandro/Matuidi/Ronaldo on the left is kinda brutal :drool:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Ashley Young up against Barcelona is honestly my worst nightmare. What sort of chance are people giving Ajax tonight? Juventus have a more well-rounded team than the Madrid side, it'll be a very tight affair.

SportingCP96

Supports
I have a feeling tonight is going to be a special night of champions league football. I don’t know for which teams or for which player but I gotta feeling.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Ashley Young up against Barcelona is honestly my worst nightmare. What sort of chance are people giving Ajax tonight? Juventus have a more well-rounded team than the Madrid side, it'll be a very tight affair.
40/60 on the night. I think they'll get a draw, but lose in Turin.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
The feck was that first corner from Coutinho :lol:

Surely a yellow for Busquets. Very lucky it's so early on.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Well, depends on how you define 'better', however these stats proves it was a pretty close game: premierleague.com/match/38625
We had a decent first half and fully dominated the last 15 minutes of the game. fair enough you were the superior team in the 2nd half till you scored.
You also went fully defensive after you equalized (Poch brought in davies for moura), which proves you'd happily settle for a draw, while being in a super tight competition for CL spots.

Victims of the last-minute winner goals usually have a weird tendency to claim their team was the 'far superior team', regardless of how the game was going before the goal. shit, even Everton fans think they outplayed us when they lost at anfield.

We weren't far superior, but we had the edge. Most people (regardless of who they supported) said the same at the time, it was a pretty even game that we shaded. I also don't remember us going defensive after scoring at all, and we actually looked the more likely team to press on and get the second until maybe the final few minutes of the game.

United58

Can't find a river for the game anywhere, not on TV either, they're showing Ajax v Juventus in Ireland :(

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
He's onside. Surely a goal?

Yup. Good cross, simple header.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Own goal? Looks like it wasn’t going in until Shaw’s touch.

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Let's see what Rashford can do.

Edit: Never mind :D

padr81

Supports
Man City
Biscuits with the tactical foul. Deserved yellow

Tommy

Supports
Liverpool
Young :lol:

23 minutes in and neither keeper has made a save :houllier: Standard Barcelona.