UEFA Champions League Quarter Final fixtures (9th - 10th, 16th - 17th April 2019)

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
So, I'm just guessing here, but I suppose due to recent eventful events, I don't need to respond to the people proclaiming Current-ManC-is-way-more-amazing-than-it-used-to-be-and-so-City-will-steamroll-Ajax-next-round-easy-pass-style anymore? :p
That's shaky logic, for so many reasons.

No one is getting steamrolled at this stage. And declaring the favorite is a probability game.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
I won’t be that surprised to see Spurs get a narrow win tonight but City will absolutely kill them at home regardless of the score tonight. If they need to beat them 5-0 at Etihad they will.
Ooops … yet another of your dire predictions concerning Spurs bites the dust.

What's up next? Pochettino to be lured away to Man. City, Kane to retire in the summer and join the NFL, with Levy needing to sell our new stadium in order to pay off gambling debts?

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Onwards to Ajax.

The Spurs squad is now stretched to barest of bare bones with injuries and CL suspensions. Ajax is going to be tough, but the incentive is huge.
I think Spurs have a great chance to win it.

But they will probably lose to a last minute dodgy VAR penalty in the final or something.

I'm happy for Ajax and Spurs they've shown you don't need to spend millions to create a solid team a play good football. My preference to win the CL would be Ajax, Barca, Spurs.

Supports
Ajax
That's shaky logic, for so many reasons.

No one is getting steamrolled at this stage. And declaring the favorite is a probability game.
Exactly. :D

Happy to see Spurs through, but what a weird match. I can't say that either side looked really good organisation wise in various stages of the match, the quality of certain players in individualistic actions was great though. De Bruyne in particular played very well.

As a team effort though, neither side really impressed me and seemed like they were just doing whatever popped into their head at the time when on the ball, rather than have a plan. Is this what PL matches look like these days? O_o

The end was just bonkers. And oh my Erikson, what the hell was that? Where's the Erikson that would control that ball, find one or two players to setup a fast passing triangle with and launch a new counter-offensive out of nowhere?

Jacob

I need somebody to tell me if the Korean fan with his national flag received Son's shirt or not. The broadcast cut the scene just as Son was about to throw it.

GoalsGetGirls

The amazing part of following this thread last night was watching the change of mood as the goals went in:
1-0 “Spurs can only win with Kane”
1-1 “Amazing from Poch to still be in this”
1-2 “Pep is a fraud”
2-2 “Here we go, City will score 6 or 7”
3-2 “Spurs are bottlers”
4-2 “Wow city have won the quadruple”
4-3 “Poch is a tactical genius”
4-3 VAR “haha typical spurs bottlers......no wait hahaha pep is a fraud....sign Poch”

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Ooops … yet another of your dire predictions concerning Spurs bites the dust.

What's up next? Pochettino to be lured away to Man. City, Kane to retire in the summer and join the NFL, with Levy needing to sell our new stadium in order to pay off gambling debts?
Good work last night. Really admire the spirit and belief of this Spurs team and very happy that you won.

Schneckerl

So, I'm just guessing here, but I suppose due to recent eventful events, I don't need to respond to the people proclaiming Current-ManC-is-way-more-amazing-than-it-used-to-be-and-so-City-will-steamroll-Ajax-next-round-easy-pass-style anymore? :p
Yeah and now Liverpool will "easily" win against Barcelona. EPL supporters really have disgusting smug attitude about their teams.

Trikie

Supports
Liverpool
Obviously I want City to have a complete melt down and feck up the league as well now, but had City managed to do the quadruple What then for Pep? How could he improve on that? There might have been a silver lining to it.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Now that his players have been dumped out of the Champion's League, I wonder if Guardiola will continue to call Spurs the "Harry Kane team"?

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The amazing part of following this thread last night was watching the change of mood as the goals went in:
1-0 “Spurs can only win with Kane”
1-1 “Amazing from Poch to still be in this”
1-2 “Pep is a fraud”
2-2 “Here we go, City will score 6 or 7”
3-2 “Spurs are bottlers”
4-2 “Wow city have won the quadruple”
4-3 “Poch is a tactical genius”
4-3 VAR “haha typical spurs bottlers......no wait hahaha pep is a fraud....sign Poch”
Its a pretty good indication of the level of thought/discourse from most football fans in fairness.

Which probably goes to show you how silly a lot of these labels are. If we didn't have VAR yesterday, we'd probably have lost to an offside last minute goal and been 'bottlers'. Instead, we're through against the current champions of England, having finished the match with 1 fit CM in the whole squad and shown a huge amount of 'bottle'.

Anustart89

Its a pretty good indication of the level of thought/discourse from most football fans in fairness.

Which probably goes to show you how silly a lot of these labels are. If we didn't have VAR yesterday, we'd probably have lost to an offside last minute goal and been 'bottlers'. Instead, we're through against the current champions of England, having finished the match with 1 fit CM in the whole squad and shown a huge amount of 'bottle'.
It’s ridiculous. Managers are being judged not only on a game by game basis, now they’re scrutinised down to a goal by goal basis, as if he’s telling Alderweireld to duck under that shot, thus reflecting badly on him as a manager.

And I say this as someone who wanted us to give Ole the job.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The celebration and subsequent discovering of the offside has to made into a gif.

The holding the hands in his face like that van gogh painting should be made into a meme.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Why didn’t we get Poch, why didn’t we get Poch :rolleyes:

You people still in here?
Nice.. how did this quote work out for you?

While Ole is losing 5 out of the last 7, Pochettino is most likely going to a CL final without his best striker. Having already went to a domestic final and doing better than us in the league.

Clearly Poch is street lights ahead of Ole. Be a man and admit that.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!

While Ole is losing 5 out of the last 7, Pochettino is most likely going to a CL final without his best striker. Having already went to a domestic final and doing better than us in the league.

:lol:

I got city knocked out for us with a good jinx didn’t I.

Oles been here 5 minutes, you’re making direct comparisons with a man who had had a few seasons to put his side together. Regardless of who is better that’s hardly a fair comparison

The_Bloods

Is he?

Managerial honours:

Poch: Football League Cup runner-up: 2014–15

Ole:

Manchester United Reserves
Molde

Now, you may say that reserve league and Norwegian league wins are minor - but they're wins. Something Poch has yet to deliver at any level.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
Is he?

Managerial honours:

Poch: Football League Cup runner-up: 2014–15

Ole:

Manchester United Reserves
Molde

Now, you may say that reserve league and Norwegian league wins are minor - but they're wins. Something Poch has yet to deliver at any level.
:lol: you can't be serious with Molde and the reserves...

Also, look at the way Poch sets up his team... far more attacking, and attractive than Ole... that's for sure.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
For those in this thread - and you know who you are - who poured scorn on the stadium-design strategy to make it more of "come-early-and-stay-later experience" for fans (instead of just turning up just before the match and leaving straight after) .... According to this report Spurs are taking in £800,000 per match from our various food and drink outlets. This compares, apparently (and for example), to Man City's £150,000 per match on food and drink:

https://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-new...-making-on-food-and-drink-at-the-new-stadium/

Multiply 800k by 19 league games, plus European matches, domestic cup games, pre-season friendlies, NFL games and all the other non-Spurs sporting and entertainment events that the stadium will host ... and it adds up annually to a nice extra income for the club.