UEFA Champions League Quarter Final fixtures (9th - 10th, 16th - 17th April 2019)

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It was a blatant penalty. I think the problem some people seem to have with decisions like these is that there are no protests and it almost comes out of thin air, but then the whole point of VAR is to catch this stuff so that's that.

redshaw

Charged down a shot on goal with an out stretched arm. It's a pen all day. No rules need to be clarified here.

Ahsan_6386

Aguero misses the penalty and that will lift up Spurs. Watching all these penalties given makes me nervous about playing Smalling in the champions league with all those cameras around and his abrasive defending .

Trizy

City had 8 players defending there.. has that ever happened when it wasn't a corner? Pep is being more cautious than usual.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
It is a stupid application of the rule for 2 very different situations. Kimpembe looked and then extended his hand but Rose couldn't attempt the block without extending his arm
Not this shit again :lol: Didn't know he was magician who could predit the curve of the ball in less than a split second and then have the reaction to adjust as well. Fecking hell.

Caius

It was a blatant penalty. I think the problem some people seem to have with decisions like these is that there are no protests and it almost comes out of thin air, but then the whole point of VAR is to catch this stuff so that's that.
I think that's right, that's certainly what put me off at first here but the right call is the right call

acnumber9

Was Jenas really the choice to commentate on this match? He’s got his Spurs shirt on under his shirt.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Those manager/bench chairs look super comfy.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Saved or not, European refereeing is a total and utter disgrace.

In what world do you give a penalty for that? Same with that Kimpembe shite. Nobody even appealed.

So stupidly fecking harsh, so little you can actually do in that situation.
It was one of those 'seen 'em given' decisions.

Not that it matters now :)

Dante

Average bang
The rules are if the hand is in unnatural position its a pen, so they are consistent with it.
Exactly.

It doesn't matter how 'harsh' it seems compared to old-fashioned football, as long as it's used consistently across all modern games.

So far, that seems to be the case.

padr81

Supports
Man City
City had 8 players defending there.. has that ever happened when it wasn't a corner? Pep is being more cautious than usual.
He's done it a couple of time this season, away at Liverpool was one.

Rooney24

not sure if allowed to ask but any streams for the spurs match? Could someone kindly pm me one

padr81

Supports
Man City
Spurs have been the better side so far.

Nico87

Well Jenas is correct that your arms are indeed part of your body, and you can't cut them off. Can someone please explain that UEFA instead of self mutation instead expect you to tuck them in, or perhaps put them behind upi back when attempting to block the ball.